Lifetime member here, and I've been trying to get back into LotRO to level up in time for HD but the game just does not want to cooperate. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction, because tickets to support have gotten me nowhere. I'm to the point where I'm just going to give up on the game, which is really disappointing since I've been with LotRO for a long time and have jumped through a lot of hoops to be able to play it (Bootcamp, VMWare, Crossover games, and now supposedly what I've been waiting for, the Mac client).

I've got a 2013 MacBook Pro with top of the line everything, 16GB memory, 750GB SSD with about half of the space free, Retina display. The thing is awesome... except when I try to play LotRO.

I can log in and get into the server, and I can select a character; however, once I'm in on my character, the game will inevitably crash. It had been better for a while after the patch before the last one, and I was able to play for a couple of hours at a time. Now with the most recent patch, I'm on my character for about 15 seconds before crashing to desktop. I've tried logging in several times today and gave up out of frustration.

What have I tried to fix this? I had installed through Steam, so I uninstalled, got a fresh download of the install files NOT from Steam, and then reinstalled. I put my graphic options to the very bottom of the barrel. I turned off post-processing. I turned off lighting and shadows. I set the engine speed to very low.

What else can I do?