We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 25 of 61

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    disappearing bridges and stairs in Moria

    Is this caused by DX11, or is it possibly a faulty graphics card? It's really disconcerting to step out in mid-air in Moria. Brain says there's a bridge, but eyes say eeepp!!

  2. #2
    I've never had that problem, and I always run in DX11. D:

    Edit: I just noticed that the docks in Celondim have disappeared. But hey, I can walk on water!
    Last edited by Toramarthen; Sep 25 2013 at 06:35 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    your mind
    Posts
    3,778
    I've seen this happen, but not until recently. It's especially amusing when railings are there, but no flooring, so the railings appear to hover.

    It never occurred to me to mess with graphic settings, but (*checks now) I am on DX11...but have been ever since I got this laptop, whereas the missing renderings are more recent (and I do return to Moria to mine/farm scholar mats regularly).
    [center]Click here for our community [url=https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0As1T2ZXLPqhTdE05T21qYklYRFF3emVuM18zTnU0aGc&hl=en]LOTRO store pricelist, conversion rates and pictures[/url], please contribute too![/center]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,583
    Quote Originally Posted by RJFerret View Post
    I've seen this happen, but not until recently. It's especially amusing when railings are there, but no flooring, so the railings appear to hover.
    At one point I had textures vanishing and reappearing repeatedly as I stood there in a camp in Angmar. It'd have been much more amusing if I weren't having Line of Sight issues with all of my ranged skills ^_^
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    At one point I had textures vanishing and reappearing repeatedly as I stood there in a camp in Angmar. It'd have been much more amusing if I weren't having Line of Sight issues with all of my ranged skills ^_^
    DX9 here and boulders disappear and draw very late in eregion for me.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Dworin View Post
    DX9 here and boulders disappear and draw very late in eregion for me.
    This has been happening a lot more frequently as of the last couple of patches. I've run through Bree with maybe half of the buildings and gates appearing. Same in the Shire. If you zoom your camera up super close to them, they'll pop in but when you zoom back out, it disappears again.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    357
    dx11.
    Encountered vid issues in Evendim.
    Im a F2P, good thing Im not paying for this....

  8. #8
    I think it has something to do with Turbine's end. It's not sending all the information your computer needs to display things properly.

    We had this problem earlier in the year, and it looks like its back.

    Perhaps related to the reduced awareness a lot of servers are suffering from (despite not being overloaded).

  9. #9
    Glad it's not just me. I was experiencing this phasing of scenery all over the place in Moria the other day. Also saw someone swimming around in mid-air inside the Inn in Bywater during the birthday quest, I noticed someone mentioned swimming in mid-air earlier. Looks like they have some things to fix...

  10. #10
    Disappearing everything everywhere, at first it was a little bug, now its getting ridiculous!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    100
    Missing stairs etc happened to my partner and i at carn dum and also annuminas too.
    Kinda freaky having to watch someone else's monitor to make sure we don't fall off a bridge or stair way.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    710
    Same thing in Urugarth. I was walking on acid sea yesterday...

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziane View Post
    Is this caused by DX11, or is it possibly a faulty graphics card? It's really disconcerting to step out in mid-air in Moria. Brain says there's a bridge, but eyes say eeepp!!
    Don't believe it's a DX11 problem. I went through Moria a few months ago and it was one of the best areas for graphical stability. Was in there last night completing an epic quest storyline and there are missing bridges and floors all over the place. Think it must be, as has been said, an issue arising after recent patches as my graphics set up has not been altered. Couldn't happen in a worse place either - some of the drops in the mines are life ending!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South Tyrol, sadly in Italy
    Posts
    4,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziane View Post
    Is this caused by DX11, or is it possibly a faulty graphics card? It's really disconcerting to step out in mid-air in Moria. Brain says there's a bridge, but eyes say eeepp!!
    I reported several examples of this bug. Disappearing rocks, stairs and bridges in Moria, trees and rocks in Eregion. The stuff disappears depending on the camer a angle, but is still present in the landscape, the char gets stuck on trees, raindrops are hitting the rock in mid-air.

    It has nothing to do with DX11, it also happens on my Laptop with DX9 and low details (it's not depending on the viewing distance either).
    I guess for Rohan it means a improvement in the framerate, but in the rest of the landscape it's annnoying.


    In the 1st hall I had a very nice Indiana Jones moment. I knew that the bridge over the gap was supposed to be there, so I took a step forward ... and didn't fall. When I slowly turned the camera, the bridge appeared before my eyes.
    Last edited by Neumi; Sep 27 2013 at 04:23 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,044
    had the same too last couple of days, sometimes i just can't tell if i will jump into a hole or getting onto stairs... walls not being there, but obviously not being able to go through them... it is getting much worse since last patch... before i had it every now and then... now all the time...

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1
    This is getting unplayable and should be fixed ASAP. Staffers should at least acknowledge the problem. Trying to do Moria, and its almost impossible to know whats a gap/drop and what is just missing scenery/a bridge/steps. Constant line of sight issues where you are blocked by invisible walls/pillars/boulders/etc. All happening in the last few weeks with no change in config at my end. Exactly the same issues on my wifes PC next to me. The icon for "reduced awareness" does NOT appear during these issues. UK based player in case this is an internet routing issue following the lock out at beginning of month.

  17. #17
    In any case it is not a directX 9/10/11 specific issue, even in OpenGL objects like to disappear since 11.4.

    Now I've always had the impression the "level of detail" (LoD) calculation is bugged because it already happened before that objects switched to low-res version just a few steps away. Now with the baggin's birthday event I noticed some hobbit buildings being invisible unless I stand on their roof. Other things stay completely invisible until relog. So I think it's a LoD bug, one that possibly has been there since ages, and the changes with 11.3 and 11.4 some memory corruptions like this one start to show more directly, and quite possibly cause(d) the graphics driver crashing too...

    I don't think it has to do anything with the servers, it mostly affects static scenery where I'm almost sure your client will render without remote information (unlike some of the phasing bugs like half of Hytbold missing occasionally, but there entering and leaving a building already fixed it).

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3d View Post
    In any case it is not a directX 9/10/11 specific issue, even in OpenGL objects like to disappear since 11.4.

    Now I've always had the impression the "level of detail" (LoD) calculation is bugged because it already happened before that objects switched to low-res version just a few steps away. Now with the baggin's birthday event I noticed some hobbit buildings being invisible unless I stand on their roof. Other things stay completely invisible until relog. So I think it's a LoD bug, one that possibly has been there since ages, and the changes with 11.3 and 11.4 some memory corruptions like this one start to show more directly, and quite possibly cause(d) the graphics driver crashing too...

    I don't think it has to do anything with the servers, it mostly affects static scenery where I'm almost sure your client will render without remote information (unlike some of the phasing bugs like half of Hytbold missing occasionally, but there entering and leaving a building already fixed it).
    I think Lynx3d here is close to the root of the problems. To me it also looks like it's a memory corruption on client side. Objects (rocks, bridges, walls etc) start to disappear when i've been in a game for some time and swapping through different regions - that mean when lots of info has been hold in memory. Restarting game (that means flushing memory) fixes problem, so it confirms my theory.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Angbold View Post
    This is getting unplayable and should be fixed ASAP. Staffers should at least acknowledge the problem. Trying to do Moria, and its almost impossible to know whats a gap/drop and what is just missing scenery/a bridge/steps. Constant line of sight issues where you are blocked by invisible walls/pillars/boulders/etc. All happening in the last few weeks with no change in config at my end. Exactly the same issues on my wifes PC next to me. The icon for "reduced awareness" does NOT appear during these issues. UK based player in case this is an internet routing issue following the lock out at beginning of month.
    I'm also seeing this problem, on my account, but not on my son's account on the same PC ?

    I was having this problem on my PC, so I swapped to my laptop, where I was still having the problem, my son then started playing on my PC, and wasn't having a problem, even when we were both in the same area, he'd be seeing buildings I couldn't see.

    I've seen this in the Silvertine City (the Puzzle vault was completely missing), Eregon, and in the Shire.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by YouichiHophop View Post
    I'm also seeing this problem, on my account, but not on my son's account on the same PC ?

    I was having this problem on my PC, so I swapped to my laptop, where I was still having the problem, my son then started playing on my PC, and wasn't having a problem, even when we were both in the same area, he'd be seeing buildings I couldn't see.

    I've seen this in the Silvertine City (the Puzzle vault was completely missing), Eregon, and in the Shire.
    I'm having problems with Moria aswell. Being new to Moria it's making navigation a larger challenge than the designers probably envisaged.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    357
    Clearly theres a problem game-wide not user wide, too many threads with reports of this. Turbine will take forever to acknowledge it, thats their typical behavior.
    Im F2P, glad Im not paying for fails like this.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Heywood, Lancs
    Posts
    1,470
    Release Notes

    General


    • Players with specific video cards were experiencing crashes to desktop and Blue/Black screens. This has been resolved.
    This fix is the cause of the current problems

    Prior to U11.4 there was only minor issues that "could happen" to certain GFX Cards

    Now we have MAJOR Issues that are ACTUALLY happening with ALL Cards

    I was in Bree yesterday,
    I ran from Bree West Gate to Prancing Pony to South Gate to Taxidermy Guy to West Gate again

    EVERY Building on the route was missing, I could see all the NPC's and Facilities inside the buildings
    Those buildings with no entry point were just a plot of land

  23. #23
    Hello?
    Also I lag super bad now since this started. I can move and use skills but everything around me is lagged out, but its hard to time stuff when its jumping around.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload