We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lost of the Balewood?

Hey guys,

I was cleaning up some lingering quests in anticipation of West Rohan and there is one in Wildermore that I am having quite the time finishing. The quest is called "The Lost of the Balewood" and essentially you have to find six refugees in the Southern Balewood and report on them back in the Hidden Cave. I've found the three living and I went ahead and spoiled it for myself, finding that there are supposed to be thee dead as well... but that's where I run into some problems.

I have searched high and low, standing on the exact "ring marked" spots, and I cannot find any sign of the dead ones. Nothing shows up when you hit the "find stuff to click on key", delete in my key setup. Nothing but enemies show up with the "target" key, tab for me. If it fires when you're near their location automatically, I must be missing it somewhere, because I've been going back and forth for more time than I care too (particularly in the Balewood, but that's another topic).

Did anyone else have trouble with this quest and could someone tell me what exactly the game wants me to do to finds these last poor fellows?

Thanks.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000000a1c8/01008/signature.png]Balariond[/charsig]

I had some trouble finding the deceased ones too. The rings do not point them out exactly, but they are in the general area. Sorry that I can't help more, but the quest is do-able.
    [CENTER][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]<< Co-founder of [I][U][SIZE="4"]The Firebrands of Caruja[/SIZE][/U][/I] on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Delete also won't help you. They aren't corpses you identify or interact with, so they won't have something like "Dead Corpse" for a name -- they won't have any name at all. They are there, but can be hard to spot. Just keep searching and you'll find them. You'll just be searching for a dead body lying on the ground somewhere.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of [U][B]Riddermark[/B][/U]ed For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ [U][B]Landroval[/B][/U]

Ah, ok. So they are "landscape" triggers rather than something to click on. I'll keep looking. It's so hard to see anything in that forest!

Thanks alot
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000000a1c8/01008/signature.png]Balariond[/charsig]

That would be correct. Get close enough, and the update will trigger automatically. And yes, it is very hard to see in that forest. >.<

I don't know if it helps, but I think one was on a boulder along side a steep slope up a hill. I know... lots of hills and boulders there, but it's all I can remember.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of [U][B]Riddermark[/B][/U]ed For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ [U][B]Landroval[/B][/U]

Lightbulb

I dissable frill distance (Option Panel; Advance Graphics) on that area to help me see the corpses. There are plenty trees without that special effect.

Locations

I have recorded five of the six locations, for the desparate:

33.4S 69.8W
    33.3S 70.7W
    33.1S 69.3W
    33.3S 70.4W
    33.5S 70.1W

Anyone know the sixth?

Check this:
    http://dynmap.ruslotro.com/#East%20Rohan:%20Wildermore
    map. There are six entries - 3 dead and 3 live. I did not confirm it there are six unique coordinates.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Baeda View Post
    I have recorded five of the six locations, for the desparate:

33.4S 69.8W
    33.3S 70.7W
    33.1S 69.3W
    33.3S 70.4W
    33.5S 70.1W

Anyone know the sixth?
    Found a dead one at 33.4S 69.5W