We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Does anyone else not agree with the deconstruction policy

Hey, so, first of all, what I am going to write about is my own fault, I am aware of that.

I have just very proudly bartered the first Elder-King symbol for my fresh level 85 minstrel and crafted a songbook out of it.
    I switched to my minstrel, identified the book, posted it in the kinship char because I was so happy to finally have it, slotted it, but apparently didn't slot it and while deconstructing relics to polish up my new book, I accidentally deconstructed it.
    Darn!! Stupid me!

But since I only had positive experiences with the support so far, I wrote a ticket. I thought: Those guys have been 1000% percent helpful and friendly so far, I trust that they can help silly, stupid, blond me fix this. A friend of mine got a gold class item out of an instance a few months ago and wanted to post it in the chat but let go of the mouse early and deleted it by accident. He had it back in no time. So yeah, those guys are fantastic, they can fix it, I am sure of it.

What I got was an automated reply stating a link to a policy. Well, the link did not open and since I was on edge having just managed to destroy my first age book, i wrote another ticket asking for someone to talk to me please.

I got the same automated response again.

So I submitted ticket number 3, explaining that i am aware that the poor GM that receives all those tickets must be really annoyed with my by this point but the automated replies just don't help me. I explained that I usually am not bothering with tickets even though, the VIP points were late and so on, I told about my friends class-item and that this is not just about me not wanting to spent another 2 month killing sambrog so i can get another elder-king symbol but that my entire kinship suffered under my constant ninja-invites to do instances to get those seals so my healer would finally be able to properly support them in raids.

So someone finally did answer, giving me a 5 word sentence about this not being possible. So I asked whether they could explain what the difference between dragging items out of the inventory and deconstructing leg. items was. Apparently, the difference is that from deconstructing you get something out of it and there also is a warning.

Well okay, I fully agree that you are getting something out of deconstructing items, but those 5 shards and half a dozen relics and XP-rune I would happily have lived without. Also, you do get a warning when you drag stuff out of your inventory as well...

I am sorry for ranting on and on about this, but I am just so disappointed and frustrated (mostly with myself) and I just wanted to find out if anyone else thinks there is not much of a difference between dragging out and deconstructing or if it really is just me...

truly am sorry for the loss of your leg. item but i gotta agree with turbine on this. i've made similar (although not as significant) bone-headed mistakes while playing. all you can do is use it as a learning opportunity and when ever i get an item that is or will be valuable to me in the future to lock it in inventory or slot it or put it in vault so i don't inadvertantly npc it, etc....and double and triple check that i've taken the necessary precautions to not 'lose' the item in a bone-headed moment.

I think i may may seen that advice. It is so annoying that cause wouldnt let me do anything else till i click something tht im tempted to click yes without reading & get over it!

______________________________ _______

WARNING:
    Do You Really Want to Deconstruct
    | Reshaped Ministrel Songbook of First Age? |
    [Yes] [ No ]
    |_____________________________ _______|

Honestly GM actions should be limited to solve problems caused by glitches/bugs in the game, not to rectify player errors.
    In this specific case there is also potential for abuse: Craft a First-Age, ID it, don't like the legacies/stats, decon "by accident" and file a ticket to get another symbol (as they likely can't restore the crafted weapon) to get another chance for better legacies/stats. A bit far-fetched maybe, but quite possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdi View Post
    Honestly GM actions should be limited to solve problems caused by glitches/bugs in the game, not to rectify player errors.
    In this specific case there is also potential for abuse: Craft a First-Age, ID it, don't like the legacies/stats, decon "by accident" and file a ticket to get another symbol (as they likely can't restore the crafted weapon) to get another chance for better legacies/stats. A bit far-fetched maybe, but quite possible.
    True but simple answer is to institute a proper system of legendary items rather than this always complained about and unsatisfactory grind of a system that no-one seems to be happy with. Or scrap the whole system completely and just let us buy what we want from the store in the first place, since it all seems to be about selling stuff to make the system work reasonably and not about getting proper legendary items at al!

Sorry for your loss, but I'm on developer's side in this case.
    Developers try to protect us from our own mistakes. But it is kind of hard and kind of frustrating for developers, because they probably want to work on a new game content instead of trying to protect game from 1001 possible user mistakes.

Now, will they want to correct your particular mistake? It is probably not that hard in one single case, but if they start to do it, they will quickly overrun with request like
    - I removed my char by mistake can you recover it
    - I ordered Trollshaws while I always wanted Evendim (and that can be done after 7 days of playing Trollshaws for instance. What support should answer?)
    - I sold my earring on AH but that is my stupid mistake, I want it back badly
    - I've spent 5 game cents on beer, but I don't drink beer, can I have milk instead?
    - etc...

The answer is simple. Just: no.

(Well, I'm not a developer or support, so you can ignore my opinion )
    Last edited by evguenil; Sep 12 2013 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by podgie_bear View Post
    True but simple answer is to institute a proper system of legendary items rather than this always complained about and unsatisfactory grind of a system that no-one seems to be happy with. Or scrap the whole system completely and just let us buy what we want from the store in the first place, since it all seems to be about selling stuff to make the system work reasonably and not about getting proper legendary items at al!
    Sure, but the point of this topic is GM policies, not wether game mechanics could be improved (bad game mechanics is not a bug).

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdi View Post
    Actually i recall well this exactly is the reason that the game have this policy do dont reimburse anything the player destroyed. Because some players already did it before. Not saying that is the OP intentions. You only get your items restored if your account get hacked & the GMs have the means to verify if you make a false claim, like check the conection adress & computer IP that your account logged during the suspected hacking period.

My own person opinion.

I do not believe Turbine should ever fix a player error. All of us should live with our choices good or bad.

What I would like to see is that the Game Masters resolve the broken content issues caused by defects within Turbine's server - software, client software, server side hardware and or messages between the various machines and software components.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.