We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Referral Page

Referral Page

I'm wanting to send a referral email to a friend but now I can't find the page with the horse on it since Turbine switched everything around. Are they still having that referral program and if so, what's the new page link? Thanks and see you in game!

It was discontinued.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

I shall just give my friend the link the old fashioned way then. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Melalel View Post
    I shall just give my friend the link the old fashioned way then. Thanks!
    No, really... it was discontinued. You can give your friend whatever link you want, but the referral program does not exist anymore. The program doesn't exist, the rewards (such as the horse) do not exist, I'd be surprised if the old page even exists somewhere in the catacombs of the Turbine servers.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    No, really... it was discontinued. You can give your friend whatever link you want, but the referral program does not exist anymore. The program doesn't exist, the rewards (such as the horse) do not exist, I'd be surprised if the old page even exists somewhere in the catacombs of the Turbine servers.
    It is not unusual when removing a program as complicated as the referral program that some of the URLs or even pages get left behind.

You are correct. The core functionality has been gutted and removed. Even if you managed to find a link that does not result in an HTTP error like the infamous 404 - Page not found. You are doing the equivalent of placing a letter in a shredder that automatically empties in a communal trash can.

What I have called a black hole software implementation. A stub that implies to the user something has been started. A lot companies suggestion boxes that are emptied by the cleaning crew once a month at night.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    It is not unusual when removing a program as complicated as the referral program that some of the URLs or even pages get left behind.

You are correct. The core functionality has been gutted and removed. Even if you managed to find a link that does not result in an HTTP error like the infamous 404 - Page not found. You are doing the equivalent of placing a letter in a shredder that automatically empties in a communal trash can.
    Yeah, I wasn't really sure if Turbine would've bothered to completely take down the old site. I once got an old log-in page because for a moment the servers had an identity crisis and didn't send the correct information (even though I was using the correct link). But even if OP can find the link, as you say it won't do the friend any good.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval