We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

A Few Ideas For Vocations

Vocation One

Vocation: Archeologist.

Vocation bonus title for character: Soil Scrounger.

Crafts in Vocation: Metalsmith, Scholar, Prospector.

Vocation Two

Vocation:Mineralogist.

Vocation bonus title for character: Deep Digger.

Crafts in Vocation: Jeweller, Scholar, Prospector.

Area Reserved for more crafting vacation Ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Zepherzaper View Post
    Vocation:Mineralogist.

Vocation bonus title for character: Deep Digger.

Crafts in Vocation: Jeweller, Scholar, Prospector.
    Even in the unlikely event that Turbine were to add more vocations, that wouldn't be one of them. You've got two completely self sufficient production crafts (Scholar combines gathering and producing) and Prospector gathers all the materials needed for Jeweler. Something like Jeweler, Scholar, Forester would be more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    You've got two completely self sufficient production crafts (Scholar combines gathering and producing) and Prospector gathers all the materials needed for Jeweler.
    Though I agree these vocations won't be allowed, I have to mention that Scholar isn't self sufficient.

A Scholar relies on Farmers and Prospectors for the rare drops for Dye crafting, and again on Prospectors for the Ingots for the Tier 2-6 Runekeeper Inlay consumables.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Though I agree these vocations won't be allowed, I have to mention that Scholar isn't self sufficient.

A Scholar relies on Farmers and Prospectors for the rare drops for Dye crafting, and again on Prospectors for the Ingots for the Tier 2-6 Runekeeper Inlay consumables.
    Fair point on the RK items. However, while Farmer is *useful* to Scholars, it isn't *necessary* for Scholars. A Scholar can level up never making any dyes at all, or only those dyes for which there are world drops in the form of landscape plants.

Still, as it happens, we have one vocation with a fully supported Scholar. If a second vocation with Scholar were to be added, it would very likely *not* have full support.

Fair point on the RK items. However, while Farmer is *useful* to Scholars, it isn't *necessary* for Scholars. A Scholar can level up never making any dyes at all, or only those dyes for which there are world drops in the form of landscape plants.

Still, as it happens, we have one vocation with a fully supported Scholar. If a second vocation with Scholar were to be added, it would very likely *not* have full support.
    Well you're wrong we don't have one vocation with a fully supported Scholar, If we did it would have these two professions both a farmer and a prospector.

Well you're wrong we don't have one vocation with a fully supported Scholar, If we did it would have these two professions both a farmer and a prospector.
    You're confusing Scholar with Historian. Scholar doesn't require Prospector.

Even in the unlikely event that Turbine were to add more vocations, that wouldn't be one of them. You've got two completely self sufficient production crafts (Scholar combines gathering and producing) and Prospector gathers all the materials needed for Jeweler. Something like Jeweler, Scholar, Forester would be more likely.
    Well I think you are wrong, Because of the fact that there is two crafts already that don't require someone else both the Explorer,and Woodsman both don't require anyone.
    Also read up on the Mineralogist they are people that dig deep for gems and such and go after things hidden for a long time, it is a perfect name for the vocation, Also This would be likely because the farmer is needed like this person said

[QUOTE=HaleElven;6906175] I have to mention that Scholar isn't self sufficient. A Scholar relies on Farmers and Prospectors for the rare drops for Dye crafting, and again on Prospectors for the Ingots for the Tier 2-6 Runekeeper Inlay consumables.

[QUOTE=HaleElven;6906175]Though I agree these vocations won't be allowed
    /QUOTE] Well to this comment I see no reason for it not being allowed.

Seems to me like everyone hates jewelers. because no one commented on my Archeologist

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Vocation is too strong, in my opinion. It's entirely self sufficient.

Prospector can gather materials for both Scholar and Jeweler. Every other vocation has one craft that doesn't help the other two.

Armourer- Woodworker doesn't help prospector or weaponsmith.
    Armsman- Tailor doesn't help prospector or metalsmith.
    Explorer- Prospector doesn't help forester or tailor.
    Historian- Weaponsmith doesn't help farmer or scholar.
    Tinker- Cook doesn't help jeweler or prospector.
    Woodsman- Farmer doesn't help forester or woodworker.
    Yeoman- Tailor doesn't help cook or farmer.

Like I stated in your previous thread, I just don't see anymore good combinations of crafting professions until they add new ones first.

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    Vocation is too strong, in my opinion. It's entirely self sufficient.

Prospector can gather materials for both Scholar and Jeweler. Every other vocation has one craft that doesn't help the other two.

Armourer- Woodworker doesn't help prospector or weaponsmith.
    Armsman- Tailor doesn't help prospector or metalsmith.
    Explorer- Prospector doesn't help forester or tailor.
    Historian- Weaponsmith doesn't help farmer or scholar.
    Tinker- Cook doesn't help jeweler or prospector.
    Yeoman- Tailor doesn't help cook or farmer.

Like I stated in your previous thread, I just don't see anymore good combinations of crafting professions until they add new ones first.
    '

This comment
    Explorer- Prospector doesn't help forester or tailor
    . is wrong The Prospector helps both those crafts by making money.

This comment
    is wrong The Farmer helps both those crafts by making money.

and also I found a flaw in your comment
    Armsman- Woodworker doesn't help prospector or weaponsmith.
    Armourer- Tailor doesn't help prospector or metalsmith.
    you got these reversed. Slow down, Actually think while you're replying to my thread please.

This comment . is wrong The Prospector helps both those crafts by making money.

This comment is wrong The Farmer helps both those crafts by making money.
    Making money, while a useful byproduct, does nothing in and of itself to support the crafting skills. Even if you dropped the extraneous skills, those vocations would still have salable raw materials.

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    '

This comment . is wrong The Prospector helps both those crafts by making money.

This comment is wrong The Farmer helps both those crafts by making money.

and also I found a flaw in your comment
    Armsman- Woodworker doesn't help prospector or weaponsmith.
    Armourer- Tailor doesn't help prospector or metalsmith.
    you got these reversed. Slow down, Actually think while you're replying to my thread please.

There is no flaw in what I stated. Stop being so defensive when someone is critical to your ideas.

The point I'm making is that vocations are designed so that there is one craft that doesn't help or use the other crafts. In Armsman, woodworkers don't use anything the prospector gathers (aside from items like shards/mithril flakes/etc that other gather professions can get too) or the weaponsmith crafts. For armourer, the tailor doesn't use anything the prospector gathers (again, aside from items like shards/mithril flakes/etc that other gather professions can get too) nor does it use anything the metalsmith crafts.

As for your "It helps by making money" comment, may as wells ditch every vocation since every craft makes money if you want to. It does not directly affect the other crafts by supplying them, which is the point I'm making.