We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

No subscription to LOTRO found -error when trying to play

To LOTRO Forum people,

I played this game a few months, maybe a year or so ago with my turbine account, username [removed]. I just reinstalled the game, and it's giving me the error "No subscription to LOTRO found" when I try to log in. Searching both this forum and others, I've gotten answers like "you must be trying on the wrong account name" or "you need a code to type in to add it to your subscription list on Turbine" and all this funky jazz. I am 100% sure this is the account I played on back then, because it's my universal online username. The forum answers I was finding about Turbine subscriptions prompted me to look on Turbine.com and I found that under subscriptions I only have DDO, something I also tried a while back. I don't see why DDO remained and LOTRO didn't, when I actually have played LOTRO more recently from this account. I'm not worried about losing a character or anything since my plan was to start from scratch again. However, this game took nearly 30 hours to download on my poopy (edit. forgot, no cursing. lol) , overused wifi and I'm very much ready to play. If I need to submit some kind of ticket to Turbine, I ask that I get some kind of guidance with that. I've never submitted a ticket there and the actual text boxes on the website have very vague descriptions of what the content should be. Also, how fast, on average, are those tickets responded to? And could this be some sort of problem relating to the Pando Media shut down or is that completely unrelated?

PS: I am a completely F2P player, so this subscription deal, I've been told, is just a formality that sort of keeps up with what games I'm using through Turbine. I'm aware that this doesn't require a subscription ($) and that it is subscribing to a free game. I'm just not sure how to get the game onto my Turbine subscriptions page thing. It isn't there, and I'm assuming that's the problem, I'm just not sure how to fix it.

PSS: PLEASE don't tell me that I'll have to reinstall the game or I'm gonna flip out and snap my computer in half. That took SOOOOO long.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to read or help out. I'm itching to start playing.

Edit: Since writing this, I got impatient and decided to send a Free Key Request Ticket to Turbine. It's been 3 or so hours and I havn't gotten a reply yet. Little frustrated. I've now put about 2 full days of waiting and downloading into this game. I'm ready to start playing. If I did anything wrong or right, please let me know. Thanks forum readers.
    Last edited by Cordovan; Sep 04 2013 at 03:40 PM. Reason: removed personal identification information

Most likely you created a new Turbine account to hold your previous Lotro account. You can contact Turbine account management with the ownership information like real name. Turbine can search for the Turbine account that holds your Lotro account.

The only add a Lotro account to an existing Turbine account is to request a free Lotro key. The best way is to call Turbine on the telephone so that you get the key right now.

You put in an email ticket. The request gets processed on their schedule. If you put in a ticket at 11 am on Wednesday. It might Thursday afternoon before you get your key. It is not a fast turn around.I personally never use the ticket system. I have no Patience at all. I want it fixed now.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Just had this happen to me... but before you panic too much, there's a simple fix. Go to your Documents -> The Lord of the Rings Online folder and delete any files and any folders you find there. If you'd rather not delete them, an alternate method is to simply move the whole The Lord of the Rings Online folder somewhere safe (i.e. Desktop is a good place). This is going to delete your settings / plugins and any customizations you have added, but these can be re-done once you are back in game, right!?

When the game relaunches it will think it is the first time, and rebuild all of the important stuff, and once you have verified that you can at least get back in-game, you can start re-applying all of those plugins and customizations again.

I managed to recover most of my setting, etc., by simply copying back the contents of my broken The Lord of the Rings Online folder EXCEPT the UserPreferences.ini which must have been the broken file. You could probably just delete this file, but it's a good time as any to clean up all those plugins that I don't actually use.

Hope this helps.

Second star to the right and straight until morning... til you reach Neverland...

I got hit with this issue tonight. So I renamed the userpref's file (so I can look into the differences later...) And was then able to get the client to repatch, re-agree to the EULA, and log in. I had to readjust some graphic settings, like my windowed size, and the little animated character portrait option. Rest of my UI is in tact. (I asked in glff on Elendilmir, and 2-3 other folks said they got it too, but were able to get in after retrying.) /shrug
    Good for now.
    !<3?!Wargs Rule!!?<3! But only because we have no playable feline races.
    ???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??
    *s6u!s* ¡?w ?o ?s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3?

Founder & Altoholic: playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.*Jingle Jangle!*
    A "lifetime" of play on: Elendilmir (RIP), Crick, Landy, & more.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffy View Post
    I got hit with this issue tonight. So I renamed the userpref's file (so I can look into the differences later...) And was then able to get the client to repatch, re-agree to the EULA, and log in. I had to readjust some graphic settings, like my windowed size, and the little animated character portrait option. Rest of my UI is in tact. (I asked in glff on Elendilmir, and 2-3 other folks said they got it too, but were able to get in after retrying.) /shrug
    Good for now.
    where is that file??

I am having the same problem only deleting the file didn't work and I'm not sure where to find out where to submit for a free key code. Any other suggestion would be wonderful.

I realize that this is a couple of weeks ago but it is the first thread that comes up via a google search. I wanted to make sure the question got answered for others to see. I had the same question.

Quote Originally Posted by D3adL1n3 View Post
    I am having the same problem only deleting the file didn't work and I'm not sure where to find out where to submit for a free key code. Any other suggestion would be wonderful.
    The FAQ on the topic is here: http://support.turbine.com/link/port...w-do-I-do-this

If you already have a Turbine account, you need to open a support ticket on their support site at http://support.turbine.com

If you don't have a Turbine account, you want this page: http://signup.lotro.com/lotro.php

I'm having this issue right now cause I haven't played in years and forgot my account info and so I just changed my password and whatnot, figured that part out afterwards just saying I have no subscription now.