We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Erebor Loot table

Did the Erebor loot tables get broken with the new patch? My kin and I did two runs of BFE T2 last night and outside of standard rewards (bounty and relic) we only got a total of 5 erebor gems and 1 teal crafting crafting scroll... Previously, T1 would have given more in 2 runs, so I'm confused why T2 gave SUCH poor loot drop. Frankly for the effort and time, if this is WAI now, it further reduces the number of instances that are worth doing.

Quote Originally Posted by thore168 View Post
    Did the Erebor loot tables get broken with the new patch? My kin and I did two runs of BFE T2 last night and outside of standard rewards (bounty and relic) we only got a total of 5 erebor gems and 1 teal crafting crafting scroll... Previously, T1 would have given more in 2 runs, so I'm confused why T2 gave SUCH poor loot drop. Frankly for the effort and time, if this is WAI now, it further reduces the number of instances that are worth doing.
    You cannot draw conclusions on just 2 runs... at least 100.

Normally that's true, but not in this case since T2 previously gave an average of 9 erebor gems per run. 5 vs 18 isn't just randomness unless something was changed causing the erebor gems to drop with far less consistency.

It may sound harsh to point out, but 5 instead of 18 out of just 2 runs is possible with the number generator. You may have just been royally screwed by the RNG. On Friday this week, I ran 5 Sambrog runs and got no items, only relics and bounties. It's odd, but not impossible. I would wait until you get 6 - 10 runs to see if the averages really have changed.

My experience with this instance is considerably more than 2 times. In the past, on numerous runs, T2 BFE never dropped less than 7 erebor gems (that was only once) across raid per run with most runs giving 10. Patch happens and now the raid got 5, then 0. I know most people (especially on these forums) love themselves the "RNG is right" argument, but that'd heavily suggest a change (despite sample size), especially with a 0 appearing and this being T2 content. In fact, t's acting like a T1 loot table. On T1, I've always seen 0-7 erebor gems drop, which would fit with the results we got the other night. It's not like loot tables haven't gotten damaged before by mistake or while trying to fix something else.

Just bad luck.....

t2 only increases the chance that you'll get better drops, not that you'll get a minimum of certain loot like gemstones. It's def possible that t1 drops more than t2(c).