We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Store Revamp so we can see everything

As a VIP subscriber, I'd like to see what is possible for my non-VIP family members, as well as shop for things I may not know exist.

An example is when the improved wallet came out:
    As a subscriber from SoA days, if you wanted a toon to be well equipped, you made it yourself, kid. We didn't have no "Crafting boosts", and we walked uphill to the Misty Mountains, and we liked it!

Anyways... now we have the store, and 500TP/month, and to find something that you didn't know existed, you have to:
    A) Find out about it through GLFF
    B) Read the release notes (gosh! Isn't that fun after not reading them for a year?)
    C) Stumble upon it from some random person at the mall. (yes, I heard two kids talking about some special horse at the mall. I think they were talking about LoTRO.)
    D) Navigate the store, where here is the process:
    Go to the store
    Figure out the wording for something you may think you need and search for it
    or... Browse (I'll use "account") to your subtopic, then dig deeper to find,
    This area of the Store does not contain anything for your character at this time. This could be due to one of several reasons including:

1. Your character does not meet the correct requirements (class, level, etc).
    2. Your account status may already grant access to this category's offerings.
    3. Accessing the Store from the Character Select Screen will only show account level offers.

As your character advances, offers may become visible. New offers are always being added to the store. Please check back often.

Gosh! That is just awesome! It is just like going to the store, given GPS to the Frosted Flakes, then told, "Sorry, we don't have any. Please go back to the front of the store and try something different! Come back soon!"

How about there being a list of account wide items so we can see if there is something we'd like to have, or work towards?

Also, when there are sales on things like extra LI slots, can we have them delivered to our accounts as inventory items, so if I'm a level 39 toon, and the sale on the slots ends tomorrow, we can just buy them and use them later?

The store is now 3 years old, and it really needs a re-vamp.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000002f60ff/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The Store in DDO has a check box on it that allows you to view items that you can't use or purchase.

I can't remember 100% now but I think it only allows you to see them, not to buy them.
    [center][url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?18699-How-to-get-help-on-the-Tech-Forums-and-how-to-contact-Turbine][color=gold]How to get help on the Tech Forums and how to contact Turbine[/color][/url]

[color=green]Please reply to the topic or PM me if a solution I posted works for you: The more data I can gather the better I can help.[/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by WBS View Post
    The Store in DDO has a check box on it that allows you to view items that you can't use or purchase.

I can't remember 100% now but I think it only allows you to see them, not to buy them.
    That would solve half of my problem with the store. Thank you for that!

The other part would be like to have it like a menu, and items not purchasable greyed out. The current system of drill down to "sorry, you can't buy that" is infuriating to me.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000002f60ff/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]