A couple comments here.
1. You mention you gave away an account. This is against the rules... and can cause you trouble
2. Turbines free to play / premium system though annoying at times is one of the best I have seen in any game. You can (with a little work) play the game completely free. Although I disagree with people doing this (as Turbine does need revenue) it can be done.
3. Getting those trait slots is actually relatively easy by grinding the deeds in the low level zones. Yes you can get the deed completed (for slyer deeds) if the enemy is gray. in fact, whenever I am in a pinch for TP, I usually roll a newbie alt and grind out the Ered Luin deeds. This takes about 3 hours and grants ya a couple hundred TP.
4. Subbing for a month is always the best route. I can if you like in PM reccomend a few internet survey sites that actually pay cash for each survey and you can earn 30 bucks within a few weeks to pay for a 3 month sub (hey its how I subbed for 18 months and no money came out of my pocket)
5. It really isnt confusing on what you get and do not get when you drop to premium. Its actually simple. When you drop to premium.. all toons created while VIP will retain everything except quest packs and rest exp. All newly created toons are treated as free to play. Simple
[CENTER][I][B][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#00ffff]I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened?[/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#2BC936]According to my Sister... Video Games can only get better...... unless it's Madden
[/COLOR][SIZE=3][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#b22222]Long Live Meneldor![/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/I][/CENTER]