We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Good they finally do something about it. And its lots of fun to see how many are already trying to get around the rule by thinking up situations

Plain and simple: if you play normally you have nothing to worry about.... so lets not stack up on possible scenario's. There's been too much attention for the rankfarmers already so lets not feed em more. Good job turbine on doing something, better late then never. Shame it can't be backtraced and get some corrections going, but something being done is the main thing

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Aineas. View Post
    And its lots of fun to see how many are already trying to get around the rule by thinking up situations
    Good heavens, yes. It reminds me of George Carlin's old routine about kids in Catechism class.

"E-lawyering" indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart-Fury View Post
    /facepalm

what do you mean by facepalm dude?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    You've read the policy though, they now have techniques to determine if your farming or not. So no matter how much E lawyering you do (even if its accurate) they now have the tools. Rest easy, there is no doubt that turbine will now correct this long standing issue in an efficient, well thought out and determined manner. Sarcasm aside, the bottom line is what its always been. Turbine will determine on a case by case basis regardless of what their policies actually say. Remember the old TOS about intended game play?
    That old thing, yes. I remember Turbine using that policy as an excuse to ban warleaders who were unintentionally stacking mobilise.

Still could have been more well thought out.

Yay finally! ...Sucks that data.lotro is down and its now even harder to find farmers.

RIP Stat tracking - Blackappendage.
    [center][img]http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/4394/46je.png[/img]
    [color=green]Tarine - R11[/color][color=red] Stalkbait - R6[/color][color=green] Igot - R6[/color] [color=red]Tartarbinks - R5[/color][/center]

Hope this will be enforced

I have been gaming in LOTRO for five years and three years ago I nearly quit the game over this. I had never taken my Loremaster out to the Ettenmoores so I thought I would give it a try. I had never played a "freep" in the moors before so I really didn't understand about the "Ranger" you can use out there. So I tried it and was yelled and cursed out by the other "freep" players for "ruining their ranking." I had no idea what this "ranking" thing was all about. Their comments were vicious and hateful. Since I didn't understand the "way of the moors," I had no idea that what they were doing was illegal, so I never reported it.
    I am really not one to report things anyway, unless it's a game glitch. I think this is the second time I have even commented on the LOTRO forums.
    Anyway, it took me two more years before I went out on the "freep" side again. I don't go out there now really because the people out there are so into their "ranking" and can be so hateful. So LOTRO PVP is just not for me.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000009d436/01006/signature.png]Avarial[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Merridew View Post
    I have been gaming in LOTRO for five years and three years ago I nearly quit the game over this. I had never taken my Loremaster out to the Ettenmoores so I thought I would give it a try. I had never played a "freep" in the moors before so I really didn't understand about the "Ranger" you can use out there. So I tried it and was yelled and cursed out by the other "freep" players for "ruining their ranking." I had no idea what this "ranking" thing was all about. Their comments were vicious and hateful. Since I didn't understand the "way of the moors," I had no idea that what they were doing was illegal, so I never reported it.
    I am really not one to report things anyway, unless it's a game glitch. I think this is the second time I have even commented on the LOTRO forums.
    Anyway, it took me two more years before I went out on the "freep" side again. I don't go out there now really because the people out there are so into their "ranking" and can be so hateful. So LOTRO PVP is just not for me.
    Youll find nicer people on Creepside .
    Ridduk R14 WL
    Brandywine

I have a warg and yes I have found a few nice warg packs to run with
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000009d436/01006/signature.png]Avarial[/charsig]

Unhappy Regarding Rank Farming

Can you guys make it easyer for people to get there Audacity Gear before stepping on the field? its just imposible to get the gear when you have to kill monster players and I only have 3 pieces. and when you have to kill monster players for the commidations you cant survive the hits with out the full audacity gear.

If any response please get back.
    Last edited by Deathmatcher; Sep 04 2013 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Misspelt word

Unhappy PVP Farming- Too late to fairly fix.

Seriously?? I never use the forums and have been a member/subscriber for almost 5 years now. I think its ridiculous that this is coming so loooooong after it should have been done. There are so many players that have abused this 'farming' option and are all running around with High Warden titles...which is Lauaghable....and gear they do not deserve. What are you going to do about that?? I have stayed away from your PVP all these years because there was never anything in place to combat this abuse which made the area really nothing more than a big joke. NO way to play fair and rank fairly with the loose manner of gameplay rules which made it senseless to even bother playing. I hope you are able to track down the cheats that have made the PVP option in LOTRO a complete mockery and either remove them or give them a new PVP Title for ALL of their toons which can not be turned off....and call them FARMERS so the rest of us can mock them for being cheats and mocking the game because they COULD. Glad to see you finally did something about it...but it is waaaaaaaaaaaay to late for those of us whom have been here since close to day one. PVP could have been a great experience here but so little thought went into ensuring 'fairplay' in the region that it became one of the most ridiculous efforts for PVP in MMO and anyone who plays the PVP options in other MMO's will tell you the same. TOOO LATE! Most of the people who play PVP in LOTRO are donkeys and cheats. But that's what you are going to get out there when the Devs don't do their jobs right? Cheers.

They are a bunch of children for the most part but that's what you get when you leave a system open to be abused in the huge way that Turbine did with their PVP feature being so poorly thought out. It was and is a total Fail.

Hi,

Good move Turbine! Much apprechiated

Quote Originally Posted by Deathmatcher View Post
    Can you guys make it easyer for people to get there Audacity Gear before stepping on the field? its just imposible to get the gear when you have to kill monster players and I only have 3 pieces. and when you have to kill monster players for the commidations you cant survive the hits with out the full audacity gear.

No, PLEASE NO!

And impossible? Makes me wonder: How did you get your 3 first pieces?

Please remember we creeps also need to kill something 'now and then' for commendations. We are not only in the Moors to give you easy comms. (Even though it sure sometimes feels like that is our intended purpose...)

Regards
    /T
    Dawarad HNT | Dawadan MIN | Dawfast CMP | Dawaran CPT | Dawmur GRD | Dawared WRD | Dawagrim RK | Dawaras LM | Daweric BRG | Dawagar MIN | Dawarar CMP | Dawnakh WRG | Dawbag BA | Dawgil WVR | Dawglob WL |

Quote Originally Posted by Merridew View Post

this is why i said remove ranking n pve quests n you r absolutely right

really ? name one
    good people or bad are between both sides
    abusing people are between freeps equal to those between creeps
    i ve seen creepers abusing other creepers for same reasons more or less
    n those things are happening all the time to both sides
    i say remove rankings quests n audacity then you ll have pure pvp end of story

Very simple. PvP leads to QQ.

100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by CSM_River View Post
    Hello, I’m River, Customer Service Manager at Turbine.

For some time now, the Customer Service team has been reading your comments and thoughts regarding “rank farming’. Together with the Developers, Community team, and players council we have come up with a clear, official definition and policy regarding “rank farming” in the Ettenmoors.

“Rank Farming” is officially defined as the intentional surrender of your character to an enemy; resulting in a purposeful defeat and a gain of Infamy or renown to increase rank. Rank Farming is specific to Ettenmoors PvMP (Freep vs. Monster Player). The enemy can be controlled by any player - either the same player controlling the surrendering character, or someone else.

Participation in Rank Farming is an abuse of our game mechanics, and against our rules. Customer Service can identify this behavior and will take the appropriate action on both accounts involved, based on our findings. This activity can also be reported to the in-game staff for review.

This policy is effective immediately and is *not retroactive*. We will not be taking action on previous potential violations. Any reports filed should be of actions witnessed after the publication of this policy.

Please remember that we have multiple ways to verify players are participating in this behavior. Additionally, players who frequently report others falsely may also be subject to disciplinary action for harassment.
    This is horrible news! how am I supposed to rank my char now!?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathmatcher View Post

O.o That's the whole point of PvP. Get out there, fight creeps, earn the rewards. Not get them spoon-fed to you. If you have trouble soloing, find a group of fellow freeps to team up with.

Quote Originally Posted by badmofo850 View Post
    This is horrible news! how am I supposed to rank my char now!?
    I hope you are joking...
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by DutchEZmoder View Post
    Not really, Turbine got the right to ban any player from their game for any reason or no reason at all.
    I don't know where you've got that idea from, but it's absolutely untrue.

You form an agreement with Turbine, according to the terms. They can ONLY legitimately ban or reprimand a person if they in some way breach a clause (or clauses). They cannot, and won't, ban you you or reprimand you for anything that is not clearly stated in that contract.

No offence, but could you not make untrue claims like this, please? These sort of untruths have a habit of spreading, and it's a hard enough job trying to keep gamers aware of their consumer rights most of the time anyway.

In any case, this is also precisely why they CANNOT retrospectively enforce a new (or amended) clause. The procedure is quite clear if there's a change, and that is an amended contract is offered, to which you agree, and is then binding.
    You simply cannot ban or take action against someone for breaching something which wasn't in force at the time of the supposed offence. This is quite apparent.

Obviously, contracts are worded to be as all-inclusive in their terms as possible, but (as occasions like this has shown) sometimes unforeseen circumstances come along. And if the contract wasn't CLEARLY construed as to cover such incidents, then there is also no way to enforce them, as ambiguity will always side with the other party (i.e. the side that doesn't draw the contract up).

I hope this clears this up.
    Last edited by crunchyfrog555; Sep 07 2013 at 02:55 AM.

Well lets get to the real point shall we.

Turbine has completely screwed over the Moors completely. How many creeps paying to jump their accounts over to other servers? How many creeps have simply quit playing their accounts? How may complaints do you get a month about Freeps farming the creeps all over the map. How many complaints about auto-switching the Moors keeps to be mostly blue all during the day, then at 2am, you switch them back for the night time when no one is playing and then claim that its even?

Who does all the rank farming anyway? Its the Freeps that's who. The creeps are not the VIP players, its the freeps who are. So, the only ones in the moors who even can rank farm are the VIP freeps. Do you honestly expect me to believe that your going to do a single thing to VIP freeps in the moors when all you have done so far is make it easier and easier for them to run the map on every server with overpower abilities and auto-switching keeps to blue during the daylight hours? What a friggen joke.

No, its your own policies towards your VIP's that is destroying the moors and making all the creeps leave and constantly complain to you that its completely unfair, so don't even try to pretend to me that you actually give a damn about fair play and rank farming by your VIP freeps. You made the moors completely stacked in their favor because you got greedy and dumb, and now your paying the price for it with no one wanting to play creepside anymore. Who's to blame? Turbine and Warner Brothers. If you think trying to stop rank farming by your VIP freeps with little wrist slaps are going to fix it all your dead wrong. You are the ones who broke the moors first. The freeps are overpowered now and are running almost every server into the ground on the moors. Your money is going to dry up. You caused the moors to die by your overpowered freeps, keep auto-switching and a ton of other dumb ideas and I know damn well that your not going to do anything against your VIP high overpowered spawn camping freeps. So all stop playing pretend huh? The moors is dead, deal with it. You let the VIP freeps overpower and kill all the creeps and that's the end of it.

No ones going to play creepside anymore, deal with it.
    Last edited by Sinkhan; Sep 07 2013 at 12:26 PM.

Today in Ettens, a few freeps caught sight of a Loremaster and 3 creeps all 4 with the same first 4 letters in the name. The Loremaster was killing them without any resistance. This by definition equates to rank farming but also it was obvious it was a multi-boxer. I reported said Loremaster and was quite rightly told that multi-boxing is not against the rules. But if rank farming is and multi boxing isnt... well colour me confuddled.

Is rank farming by mulitboxing against the rules?
    Last edited by Ellemere; Sep 07 2013 at 08:00 AM.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

Quote Originally Posted by Ellemere View Post
    Today in Ettens, a few freeps caught sight of a Loremaster and 3 creeps all 4 with the same first 4 letters in the name. The Loremaster was killing them without any resistance. This by definition equates to rank farming but also it was obvious it was a multi-boxer. I reported said Loremaster and was quite rightly told that multi-boxing is not against the rules. But if rank farming is and multi boxing isnt... well colour me confuddled.

Is rank farming by mulitboxing against the rules?
    Yes. Here's the rule:

Rank Farming” is officially defined as the intentional surrender of your character to an enemy; resulting in a purposeful defeat and a gain of Infamy or renown to increase rank. Rank Farming is specific to Ettenmoors PvMP (Freep vs. Monster Player). The enemy can be controlled by any player - either the same player controlling the surrendering character, or someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by crunchyfrog555 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchEZmoder View Post
    Not really, Turbine got the right to ban any player from their game for any reason or no reason at all.
    I don't know where you've got that idea from, but it's absolutely untrue.
    Actually, DutchEZmoder is correct.

Terms of Service:
    "Turbine may revise, suspend, terminate or delete the Account at any time for any reason or no reason, with or without notice to you."
    US Source: http://www.turbine.com/en/content/lo...-terms-service
    EU Source: http://www.turbine.com/en/content/lo...-terms-service

Edit: Before anyone gets picky and claims only accounts may be deleted for no reason at all, note that character bans fall under the "revise" category. It is in the spirit of the contract that individual characters may be banned, given that entire accounts may be banned.
    Last edited by DEATHKNYGHT; Sep 07 2013 at 10:03 AM.

Talking

No more farming! Thank you turbine

It was good to finally see some acton against greedie people who just ruin the game for everyone else.
    Thanks Turbine
    [IMG]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/7236/wbj9.jpg[/IMG]

Yageer Silverscale - R7 Man Champion
    Oruam Ratto - R11 Orc Defiler

Thanks Turbine. But I am curious why this took so long. It was needed years ago. Now many farmers have their high ranks.
    Freeps: Venusia (Guardian), Silya (RK), Dwayr (Champion), Nissys (Captain), Filodon (Burgler), Tyveil (Lore-master)
    Creeps: Venusiel (R7 Weaver), Tyveilakh (R5 Warleader)
    [url="http://kingsbeyondthewall.com/"]Kings Beyond the Wall[/url]

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast