We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Semantic set bonus question

I guess I know the answer to this already (I think) or could find the answer if I looked a bit harder but anyway:

If you have the menders ring and the gold erebor hat, if I understand, does this mean that the group heal effect will only proc once but will have to pass a check on the second item if it fails the first time ? So like 'bolster courage' check ring (fail) check hat (pass) global cooldown on both ?

Also kinda not related but I have the wyrmfire ring too but I am debating its worth in melody, sure I can proc some damaging skills in a pure healing scenario but I wonder if there is another ring that doesn't include finesse that I can use.

I would love the ring that drops in school/lib but no luck so far

The thing that is playing on my mind is whether the erebor hat is actually worth losing the 5% crit from the erebor set. I can't see it being viable if it shares a c/d with the ring

That's my understanding. Technically I think all the items are checked in parallel and the effect triggers if any item produces a success. But that's just semantics the probabilities are the same. I don't believe there is any "cooldown", but I may be wrong.
    “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”

Well the ring or hat say there is a cooldown of 30 secs. If the checks are done in parallel like you say, then this unique because the will boost or crit defence etc from other items, if you have 2 only proc once or no more than 3 times with crit boost.

It's difficult to prove whether series or parallel imo but the skill only procs once 30/sec

I know this isn't technically what you're saying but I'm just wondering whether the erebor gold hat has any worth if you lose the 5% crit from your set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazlo10 View Post
    Well the ring or hat say there is a cooldown of 30 secs. If the checks are done in parallel like you say, then this unique because the will boost or crit defence etc from other items, if you have 2 only proc once or no more than 3 times with crit boost.

It's difficult to prove whether series or parallel imo but the skill only procs once 30/sec

I know this isn't technically what you're saying but I'm just wondering whether the erebor gold hat has any worth if you lose the 5% crit from your set bonus.
    Ah my mistake on the cooldown, sigh, that is what I get for trying to remember tooltips. But yes I think the cooldown is shared based on what I've heard about other classes, as the pretty sound assumption proc effects work in the same way. So certainly not worth it. Honestly its not even worth sacrificing the 5% crit chance if you just have the hat.

Maths: With 1 piece you have a 50% chance of having triggered the effect after ~4.5 attacks, with 2 this is after ~2.5 attacks, say you trigger a ST heal every 3s and add in the cooldown that is 1 effect every 43.5s for 1 piece or 37.5s heal is about 1000 so HPS is 23HPS for 1 piece, 27HPS for 2 pieces. Lets say your extra 5% corresponds to about 3.5% in real terms, means you only need a base HPS of about 660 before the set bonus is preferable.

-------
    As for the parallel serial thing, its really not important. I'm not saying it will proc more than once, lets be clear about that, I'm saying you check them all in parallel then put the results through an OR operation. It just makes more sense to me from a programming point of view (albeit me experience is limited) as it make it much easier to add another item with the same proc later. Sorry for muddying the waters it's really not testable or relevant.
    “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”