We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Creeps Grouping 101

So, I've been playing the moors again for the past couple days after a long break, and I must admit things are a little rusty on creepside as far as grouping goes. I was playing a pretty decent amount when RoR first came out and I remember lots of well-buffed creeps facerolling over the freeps who ventured out into the moors. As is old news, the balance shifted and as far as I have seen, creeps have not shaped up to the task. I still see a lot of non-communicative playing that is leading to creeps getting killed in scenarios where that simply should not be happening.

The time for qq about op freeps is over, the time for group coordination has come again.

I propose that well-organized tribes should lead the way. In my long absence I am not sure which tribes are holding the leading players right now, but I know CHAOS has historically been strong in this matter. I think if everyone creepside put more thought into how to work as a group, and then how to teach other players to do the same, we would have a stronger experience.

I mean no offense to anyone, as there are still many strong players on the server. The focus needs to be on how we can combine our strengths and shape our playstyles to benefit the group/raid, rather than being a bunch of solo players hoping for the best.

-Revanlonglegs
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000fbcfe/signature.png]Revanlonglegs[/charsig]
    "Videogames take no skill, if they did, no one would play" - a player on creepside DD

Quote Originally Posted by Revanrecast View Post
    So, I've been playing the moors again for the past couple days after a long break, and I must admit things are a little rusty on creepside as far as grouping goes. I was playing a pretty decent amount when RoR first came out and I remember lots of well-buffed creeps facerolling over the freeps who ventured out into the moors. As is old news, the balance shifted and as far as I have seen, creeps have not shaped up to the task. I still see a lot of non-communicative playing that is leading to creeps getting killed in scenarios where that simply should not be happening.

The time for qq about op freeps is over, the time for group coordination has come again.

I propose that well-organized tribes should lead the way. In my long absence I am not sure which tribes are holding the leading players right now, but I know CHAOS has historically been strong in this matter. I think if everyone creepside put more thought into how to work as a group, and then how to teach other players to do the same, we would have a stronger experience.

I mean no offense to anyone, as there are still many strong players on the server. The focus needs to be on how we can combine our strengths and shape our playstyles to benefit the group/raid, rather than being a bunch of solo players hoping for the best.

-Revanlonglegs
    We have been grouping regularly the past couple weeks since Shap has come back...around 6est to late night. We don't like expanding to a raid unless it's needed so it's kinda first come first serve atm which usually means exclusively tribe members.
    [center][color=orange][b]High Chieftain Kamikazee Rank 13 Reaver [/b][/color][/center]
    [center][color=teal][b]Restinpepperonis Rank 9 Weaver [/b][/color][/center]
    [center][color=darkviolet][b]Third Marshal Karoc Rank 12 Champion [/b][/color][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Dntx09 View Post
    We have been grouping regularly the past couple weeks since Shap has come back...around 6est to late night. We don't like expanding to a raid unless it's needed so it's kinda first come first serve atm which usually means exclusively tribe members.
    This is good to know. I'm mostly playing off hours, so I've had to more or less pug. But regardless it would be good to keep teaching people how and what to do in a group, because some of them have been painful. Hopefully I'll catch you guys online sometime!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000fbcfe/signature.png]Revanlonglegs[/charsig]
    "Videogames take no skill, if they did, no one would play" - a player on creepside DD

Glad to see people willing to lead regularly again!
    Like Revan said, there is still a LOT of potential for creep groups to win fights even if they are outnumbered, if they use communication and tactics. (AKA FLANKING ect. )

Hope to return to some good action this fall!! See you guys then.
    [COLOR=#E8901C]{Evogrin R11 warden} {Evogash R9 warg} [/COLOR][COLOR=#347c2c]+wayy too many others R6-8! Though I do not play lotro anymore, thank you to everyone who made this game so much fun all those years! God bless![/COLOR]