We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Battle of the Way of Smiths Skirmish--Elite Troll Soloable?

Encountered an issue with Battle of the Way of Smiths Skirmish. Doing it as part of the 3 skirmishes in Moria for Epic line. Been through several times with no hitch, but today was different. One of the 2 random bosses that come out during the skirmish appeared at the end area. I forgot the name, but he was a big red troll with 18k morale. I kinda thought that was a lot for a skirmish. But anyway, I decided to take him out separately from the end mobs that come after talking to Stothkell. As a Burg, I tried to fight him according to my class strengths and was wiped out in a few hits. I probably got him down to 14 or 13k before I expired.

After dying, I decided to talk to Stothkell and initiated the last mob attack. Of course, Stothkell pulled the aggro from the elite troll and died after a few hacks. He (and I) had no chance. And...I failed the skirmish after playing for about 30 mins...poof--time wasted.

Is this really able to be completed solo? Did I get get a bad random boss mix? If not, how in the world can I pass this alive? I was popping the banners and potions just to stay alive, but his attacks were crazy strong and effective against me (haha...and Stothkell).

Anyone else had this issue?

It should be doable.
    Have you tried chain mezzing him?
    Be in Mischief
    Don't use any bleeds, Use Dust then disable (For slow)
    If he resists, stun then dust then kite.
    Chain mezz him to regen health and reset your CDs.
    Ararax

Quote Originally Posted by Matheteis View Post
    Encountered an issue with Battle of the Way of Smiths Skirmish. Doing it as part of the 3 skirmishes in Moria for Epic line. Been through several times with no hitch, but today was different. One of the 2 random bosses that come out during the skirmish appeared at the end area. I forgot the name, but he was a big red troll with 18k morale. I kinda thought that was a lot for a skirmish. But anyway, I decided to take him out separately from the end mobs that come after talking to Stothkell. As a Burg, I tried to fight him according to my class strengths and was wiped out in a few hits. I probably got him down to 14 or 13k before I expired.

After dying, I decided to talk to Stothkell and initiated the last mob attack. Of course, Stothkell pulled the aggro from the elite troll and died after a few hacks. He (and I) had no chance. And...I failed the skirmish after playing for about 30 mins...poof--time wasted.

Is this really able to be completed solo? Did I get get a bad random boss mix? If not, how in the world can I pass this alive? I was popping the banners and potions just to stay alive, but his attacks were crazy strong and effective against me (haha...and Stothkell).

Did you use Touch and Go?

This one got me a few times too... I assume you're talking about the encounter troll that spawns in the entry area where the last battle takes place?

What you need to do is take him out before talking to Stothkell and initiating the last battle. If he spawns, walk right by Stothkell and go in and take him down, then go back to Stothkell and start the last battle. It should go reasonably easily then. (Sounds like you may have tried this though...) What kind of skirmish soldier do you have? A healer is very helpful here.

Worst comes to worst, you could always do the skirmish again because since he's an encounter, he doesn't always spawn.
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

I'll try to mezz him again, but he's just too strong for me.

I did try to take him out before talking to Stothkell and initiating the first battle. I'll just have to redo and hope he doesn't respawn. I just don't remember an 18k in any skirmish that I can think of off the top of my head.

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Matheteis View Post

I think you encountered a different situation than the usual encounter troll of the instance, which happened to me as well while recently leveling an alt in Moria. I have done this skirmish many, many times, on 8 classes now, and have never had a problem at the final encounter troll. But a few months back I was in this instance when another troll came into the area from the passageway outside the arena you normally fight the final skirmish troll in. I initially did not notice differences others than "huh, two trolls, eh? maybe they changed this a little," and went on fighting thinking nothing of it until I realized what the heck! I am getting killed here, lol! Not a usual thing. You are right the troll in question has like 20K morale. I mentioned it in kin chat and they all said they had never seen/heard of it. All I could think of was that maybe its some weird bug of a rare elite mapping into the instance. Either way, I lost the instance too because of him and had to re-do it, which on second try he did not show and everything went as usual.

Probably Sadauk, a Globsnaga Troll with 20,000+ morale. Hard to kill. Has a spore cloud and a momentum buff. You should get an encounter notice if he turns up. Best to kill him before you talk to Stothkell for the final boss fight or you have two trolls to deal with.

This Troll is a special encounter troll. He can be rather tough to kill. If he is up when you are doing this Skirmish. made sure to Kill him before you start the final battle because you will end up having to fight him and all the stuff at the same time.

Another way of handling this problem is to check early on to see if he is around. Reset the instance until you get one without him.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.