We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Wish list, my 6 things I would love to be considered in the revamp.

1. Unrestricted placement of items. (You can still limit the number of items per property, but we could place/position them freely)

2. Increased number of items allowed per property. (Within reason ofc)

3. Larger neighborhoods with more house style choices, would love to see lots of different style builidngs.

4. Crafting facilities within our homes.

5. Larger/more storage available and bound items allowed in chests.

6. PETS, I want my dog/cat/rabbit to live with me.

I know, I am probably late to the party and I am sure it has been done to death before but it takes me a while to put pen to paper.

If you were limited to only 6 wishes, what would they be?
    Last edited by Ghaniwyn; Aug 09 2013 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaniwyn View Post
    1 - Horse stables in Huge, large and small sizes. (for me it isn't important if they house the horses I own = a few generic horses would be fine but I know others want their own personal horses in there)

2 - More outdoor hook placements for my deluxe Hobbit hole. 1 or 2 huge and 3 or 4 more large and 3 or 4 more small hooks.

Yesterday I purchased the TP I plan to use for the above = Turbine give me the above and take my money! Please!

Edit: And I forgot...

3 - Make the kegs purchased from Rohan full of mead that we can drink from! Lots of mead! Lots of STRONG mead! Lots and lots...
    (I have 3 of the HUGE kegs in the main room of my "Rohirrim" kin house and it is just sad (so very , very sad) that you can't drink from them)
    Last edited by FittyBolger; Aug 09 2013 at 03:43 PM.
    [URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JayDeeHobbit/media/LOTROs-1.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/JayDeeHobbit/LOTROs-1.jpg~original[/IMG][/URL]
    [color=limegreen][b]Wulfgrim Ghastban, Hrothwine and Galdrefyst of Rohan - Peckish of the Shire -- Riddermark[/b][/color]
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” JRRT

Horse stables would be super, plus add a training dummy. I'm easy like that.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001dd81c/signature.png]Elistirne[/charsig]

1) Remove Neighborhoods completely. Place the same number of houses into the real LotRO world. So for example, put a half dozen standard homes and two or three Deluxe Homes and a Kinhall in Combe. The same to Staddle.

In Bree-Town put like... two dozen Kinhalls, and like twice that many deluxe and twice that many standard homes.

Some houses could be moved to Rohan, to the Lone-lands (hermit style? Some in Ost G.. whatever that town is?), some in Estledin. Spread them out all across Middle Earth)

I think this would breathe a ton of life into places, if people were actually allowed to live there.

2) Make various models. Not just the one (per race) standard house, the one (per race) deluxe house, the one (per race) kinhall. If we must keep Neighborhoods (face it, #1 is awesome but far fetched) then make each of the four kinhalls different. Of the Deluxes make three or four variants. Same with the Standard houses.

3) Ability to drag furniture spots around. Don't want that Large Furniture in the middle of your room? Drag it to the side or where-ever you want it.

4) Purchasable add on rooms. For example a Standard House starts off with the main room and the bedroom. You can buy a cellar for X currency (or even TP). You can buy a guest bedroom for X. An attic for X. A kitchen etc etc.

5) Craft station furniture

6) Interior doors that can be locked/unlocked/have-their-own-permissions-tab
    Last edited by Quipore; Aug 26 2013 at 12:42 PM.

i would like to be able to buy multiple houses on my account or barring that at least have a separate room for each character slot i have. a storage chest (say 15 items each) and a few hooks in each room would be awesome as well. i like the idea of interior door locks also.
    moveable hooks sound very cool both inside and out but how about upgrading or down grading hook sizes? i would pay points to add these rooms and hooks.

Upgradeable

I would love it if as I lvl I could improve my house and increase its size. My house seems so small now that I am lvlg and I would like to add rooms. I would also like a wider variety of furniture to choose from. You have all kinds of colored walls but a pitiful choice of furnishings.

Here's my half dozen

1. An actual shared wardrobe in my house with loads of space (I have 7 alts and they're all fashion conscious girls)
    2. I love the idea of being able to craft your own crafting area - pref as a garden shed extension
    3. Allow homeowners to change their garden (similar to how the floor textures work inside) so we can choose for example, mown lawn, wild meadow, raked gravel, mossy boulders etc
    4. Allow established homeowners to purchase neighboring property when/if it becomes empty, it's better than having empty neighborhoods
    5. Put an AH in the neighborhood central square for when we find stuff in our chests we no longer need
    6. Bookcases/shelves/weaponracks that can be filled with items we acquire in our travels
    Last edited by Gothwyn; Sep 02 2013 at 03:14 PM.

• 1) Freely movable hooks

• 2) More hooks available (through store likely)

• 3) Expansions of house available (basement, tower, stable, rooms, kitchen, etc, through store likely)

• 4) Incorporation of many, many existing in-game assets as housing items, the graphics are all there!

• 5) Make the guarddog work when placed in a kinhouse yard that a character is not a member of, but the dog itself is bound to said character account (My doggie sits at my alts kinhouse and my main can't use it, I'd like to walk Jopper with my main)

• 6) 'Things that create an incentive to visit neighborhoods' Devs, please go creative here!

Emphasis on wishes 1 and 2.

Wishes 2 and 3 are the business model behind all this. Wish 1 would fly-wheel the business model.

My request would be that items that are bound to character instead become bound to account. It was really annoying to get my escrow account closed yesterday, and I would love to be able to store all the decorations in the house vaults instead of in my personal vaults.

That's the only thing I can think of right now, but yes, I would also love some more slots, or more varied ones. We all have a lot of decorations now, and even without breaking a theme I still have lots of items that would work that I have no room for. And the deluxe hobbit houses have a huge open area and it can look kind of empty with my reflecting pool there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainothon View Post
    [LIST]1) Freely movable hooks

• 5) Make the guarddog work when placed in a kinhouse yard that a character is not a member of, but the dog itself is bound to said character account (My doggie sits at my alts kinhouse and my main can't use it, I'd like to walk Jopper with my main)

Don't know if you tried this but if you are the kin leader, just give your main permission to use decoration. My main has more permissions than a officer of my alt's kin
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001da17c/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

1)More rooms:kitchen,basement,attic with balcony.
    2)Able to move furnitures where i like. Current setting is stupid, because all of my furnitures are beside walls and there is a big space on the middle of the room.
    3)Horse stables, where i can see all my steeds. That would be awesome. Sizes could be small, medium, large etc.
    4)More places to yard items. The plot in standard and deluxe houses are big, but you can only add few yard items.
    5)Should be able to put all kinds of items in the "housing chest". In my opinion, the current situation is stupid too because, most of the items what you get are bound and you cannot put them on the chest and you should put them in the vault. But if there isn't space enough, what are you gonna do then? You have no choice but to leave the item in your inventory, and it takes up unnecessary space. Yet if the item is important.
    6)To put all the furniture so as not to have to forcibly put them in the house.

Houses in Rohan

So, we have rebuilt Hytbold, now it's time to let us build our own house with proper upstairs accommodations (bedrooms and a bathroom/shower), a main floor with several rooms for crafting and a basement for storage (housing chests, our Vaults and perhaps even an Auctioneer) in Rohan. Doesn't have to be in Hytbold, could be anywhere we fancy. A stable would be lovely and an area in our yards where we could farm.....oh.....and we need internet access. Dreams
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000241fb6/signature.png]Galaetea[/charsig]

"There will be no Dawn for Men" ~ Saruman the White

Bigger houses with more room en chests is already good for me with crafting area and stable in homestead.

When i read some comments here on forum, then i think some people play the wrong game.
    Building own house and pets and all stuff, you can better play the Sims than or something like that
    Evernight: Minstrel lvl 85 , Warden lvl 85 , Hunter lvl 85
    Landroval: Minstrel lvl 41

Quote Originally Posted by Theowinwig View Post
    Bigger houses with more room en chests is already good for me with crafting area and stable in homestead.

When i read some comments here on forum, then i think some people play the wrong game.
    Building own house and pets and all stuff, you can better play the Sims than or something like that
    Some might. But they still should do things better about housing. Like I have said and the others have said about placing furniture, that
    there are lots of empty space in the middle of the rooms etc. But buying and decorating house is better idea rather than building it start to finish.
    It's Sims stuff like you said.

Free placement of hooks just cross of your list because it is not going to happen. That comes from Sapience himself. This option was not even on the table.

As for as extra rooms like basements, etc. cross them off as well. They would have to rebuild the whole neighborhoods & that is not gonna happen. If there not going to do away with the hook system, they surely are not going to rebuild the neighborhoods.
    It's not Teal... it's [SIZE=3][COLOR=#00ffff][B]CYAN[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]!

Housing

I feel the single most important improvement would be to put a portal in each town to go to any major hub (if level available). You bought a house after all, you drag your toon all the way there to drop off some stuff and perhaps decorate a bit..now you need to get out. I would truly use my house more if there was a convenient way to get out. It would be on route while popping over to help a low level or after running an instance. Now it's inconvenient I have to plan time to go there and sort things. And yes, I can use my ports...but the cool downs are long. I'd rather kill orcs.

The other thing that would be useful is if a friend could give you one time keys that would port you to their house. For instance a party or to allow them to get some mats for crafting.

And as far as storage...Give us a kin vault with purchasable tabs we would love you forever.

For a 4th suggestion I would love to customize my lawn. Grass, Rocks, Pebbles, Heather,Astro-Turf, Concrete and Bricks are some suggestions along with fencing in Iron, Wood, and Stone.

5th would be another category home - Mansion - this would be smaller then a kin house but have more room then the deluxe to allow us to enjoy more decorating options. Upgrade the chests to 3 for the mansion and 5 for the kin house. Many of us would like to share mats for our kin mates and the 3 chests are just not cutting it.

Finally, Special permissions PER chest. This would allow the kin leader to make decisions on things they did not want available to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eartholloth View Post
    As for as extra rooms like basements, etc. cross them off as well. They would have to rebuild the whole neighborhoods & that is not gonna happen. If there not going to do away with the hook system, they surely are not going to rebuild the neighborhoods.
    They wouldn't need to rebuild the neighborhoods. If you look at the houses from outside and inside and compare the floorplans you will actually get quite different results...

"...it was a Hobbit-hole, and that means comfort." My house is in The Shire. I feel like my house lacks much in the way of Hobbity comforts though. It's just a hodepodge of furnishings and decorations. Instead of looking like the worldly and eclectic collection of an adventurer, it just looks messy. And that large main room in the deluxe Shire houses? It's messy and bare at the same time. So my (rather Shire-specific) wishlist looks like this:

A different look (or even better, a choice between several different looks) for the chests in my house. I'd prefer something like a carved cedar chest in my house, one that looks like a piece of furniture, instead of one that screams out "Here's a treasure chest!"

I need an umbrella stand or umbrella holder that I can place right next to my front door. Seriously. What am I supposed to do if Lobelia comes to visit, especially with those "Here's a treasure chest!"-looking chests sitting right out in the open like that?

I'd like to see more collections of furniture that look good when placed together in the same room. (i.e. I like the Summerfest bed, but there's no other furniture that goes with that bed.) I'd love upholstered, comfortable-looking furniture with rich, dark woods, like wing chairs that we can place facing the fireplace. Most of the furniture available doesn't feel like it belongs in The Shire. Way too much of the furniture is pushed against the wall, leaving us with a big bare space in the middle of the room.

I want a kitchen: a well-stocked pantry and a china cabinet overflowing with dishes and pottery, along with bundles of herbs and flowers that have been hung up to dry. I want something that looks as if it would cook food, even if it doesn't actually work. Tables that have chairs would be great. As it is now, practically everyone in Middle-earth who wants to eat indoors must do so standing up. It would also be nice if I could put all my kegs next to each other in one room.

Outdoors: I have the Lorien trellis, and while I love the idea of a trellis, that one looks oddly out of place in a Hobbit yard. I'd prefer a simpler wood trellis, but one covered with flowers that would make Samwise proud. Window boxes with flowers spilling out everywhere would look oh-so-Hobbity. I'd also like to see more trees that match the season in the neighborhood. I want an apple tree in my yard, for example, but the one I have has autumn foliage so I don't use it.

Finally, those vases of flowers that can be crafted by farmers...they're way too small. They take up one whole hook and just sit on floor, looking so tiny and forlorn. They need to be sitting on a side table (a polished side table; not that second-hand, weathered-wood-that-needs-to-be-refinished look) and to hold many more (and taller) flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaniwyn View Post
    1. Unrestricted placement of items. (You can still limit the number of items per property, but we could place/position them freely)

2. Increased number of items allowed per property. (Within reason ofc)

3. Larger neighborhoods with more house style choices, would love to see lots of different style builidngs.

4. Crafting facilities within our homes.

5. Larger/more storage available and bound items allowed in chests.

6. PETS, I want my dog/cat/rabbit to live with me.

I know, I am probably late to the party and I am sure it has been done to death before but it takes me a while to put pen to paper.

YES YES YES! Id love to see all of these things at my house, especially crafting facility's, and more decoration options, also i would be great if you could buy npc's from the store e.g. supplier, auction house person etc. as well as reduce the cooldown on the travel skill. just my 2 cents. sorry for the late comment
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/RJkBG9j.png[/img]

I would dearly love to have more than one house per server, and some homesteads in other areas--- Rohan and Lothlorien would be my own first choices, though I have heard others mention Rivendell, Moria, etc. I have an elven house and love it; but I have a hobbit, a dwarf, and a woman of Rohan who would all like comfortable spaces of their own! : >

Sapience really said they are not making free-moving hooks?? Sigh.... I *hope* the revamp somehow allows for decorating that is more creative and unique to each home!
    Sooner or later, most folks end up going to a Witch when they are in trouble--> sometimes to ask them to stop it. --Terry Pratchett

My housing wishlist

If I could have an update to the housing appearance system, here are the things I would love to see happen:

1. Apparently Sapience said there would be no free-hook movement. Alright. But that doesn't fix the empty feeling in the main room. Adding more hooks would be nice and could potentially fix that problem. Preferably hooks added to the middle of the room. It would then be up the player not to block the door with a very large item, such as a table.

2. An umbrella or hat stand by the door would be awesome.

I would prefer to keep my crafting separate from my home. A hot forge inside is a disaster just waiting to happen. Especially if there is no ventilation. I cringe every time I visit the Bree Rep hall in Bree. That forge room would be so toxic smelling. And hot. I also believe there are plenty of crafting areas in the game already. That being said, I understand that a lot of players would like the convenience. Which brings me to ...

3. The ability to add rooms or areas to a house. Updating the outer design of the houses would be a lot of work. So I would be fine with the idea that the inside would be bigger than the outside. The outside of the house may not reflect the added room(s), but when I am in the house, I would still see it. However, the outside would need to reflect added areas. These rooms and areas could be sold separately in the LotRO store (so as to make them completely optional) and include things such as:

a. A stable for outside where up to a certain number of mounts could be placed on display by any character on the account.
    b. A kitchen for the inside.
    c. An outdoor forge and farming patch
    d. An indoor or outdoor working bench, scholar shelf, or oven
    e. A small walled or fenced garden (perhaps the farming patch - only there would be permanent flowers and plants on the ground)

4. Chests inside that could have custom skins places on them to change their look. Such skins could be bought from the neighborhood vendors. An elven chest could have a reddish tone and a hobbit chest could look more earthy for example.

5. The ability to add bound items to the household chests. Even better would be making those bound housing items, account bound.

6. Weapon racks to display the awesome looking weapons that my characters have outgrown but I want to hang onto.

7. I would love a house cat.

These proposed changes are extreme. Most of them would not happen. Adding more areas to the outside of the house would take up a lot of space and the housing plots are only so big. In order to implement this aspect, the entire neighborhood system would need to be revamped. Such a change, if it comes, will not happen soon. But I think some of these ideas would be very doable and would add more depth to the housing aspect of the game.
    Last edited by Ceinwyn; Oct 29 2013 at 03:04 AM.