We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Cosmetic Bug! The Reveller's Caparison shows as the Azure Caparison

I'm not sure if it's known, and forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong forum or going about it the wrong way to let it be known...

but I just put the Reveller's Caparison (red one) on my war steed and it shows as the Azure Caparison (blue one). The Azure outfit was given to players for the anniversary for playing... 5 years? I've only been with lotro for 2.5 or so years and I did get the Reveller's outfit from the letter quest.

It's only the caparison that is glitched. The head piece and saddle still show as the red one (correct one). Also, other players can see the blue caparison too, so it's not just me.

Just thought I'd let er... Turbine? know... if they see this. lol I'm not sure how to go about reporting it, sorry. xP I didn't think an in game bug report would be proper for this particular issue. Correct me if I'm wrong. lol

True! I was a little upset yesterday over my mis-matching steed. Wasn't sure if it was just me or not.

Same here. Glad to see it's not just me. I also have some items missing/not showing up at all.

Yeps, same for me and it's a little annoying, my Cappy's called Redraven, feels daft riding around on a horse with a blue Caparison.

However I'm sure it's on the list of things to be fixed, right after Draigoch!

Oh and I've tried swapping horse cosmetics, no effect.

So the question is, does anyone still have the original festival caparison in red now?

Seeing as this is already in discussion, I just want to add: It is also happening to the Reveller's Gilded Steed itself. This is not limited to the warsteed. The mount from the LotRO Store is now showing as having blue covering over the body of the horse (head and flag are still red).

Quote Originally Posted by Felisleo View Post
    Yeps, same for me and it's a little annoying, my Cappy's called Redraven, feels daft riding around on a horse with a blue Caparison.

However I'm sure it's on the list of things to be fixed, right after Draigoch!

Oh and I've tried swapping horse cosmetics, no effect.

So the question is, does anyone still have the original festival caparison in red now?
    Nope the Festival is still blue.

pony still has red

Quote Originally Posted by Imayo View Post
    Nope the Festival is still blue.
    the caparison for my mini's light pony has remained red .. the ones for my medium horses are blue .... dont have a heavy

There are actually over a dozen war steed cosmetic bugs right now, including the one you mention. There is an invisible caparison, numerous pieces that won't dye black, several that lost the ability to dye at all, saddles that have slid too far back so you sit on the horn, and so forth.

There is but one way these will ever be fixed. You must file a /bug report in the game. Posting on the forums tells the player base about it, but it doesn't send the problem report to the right people at Turbine. Please take a moment to /bug the problems that you find. If you have a few minutes, go through your full cosmetic collection and /bug all of the problems.

The equestrian community thanks you!
    --= Windy Acres Ranch -- [URL]http://SteelAndMagic.com[/URL] =--

Quote Originally Posted by XinaLotRO View Post
    There are actually over a dozen war steed cosmetic bugs right now, including the one you mention. There is an invisible caparison, numerous pieces that won't dye black, several that lost the ability to dye at all, saddles that have slid too far back so you sit on the horn, and so forth.

There is but one way these will ever be fixed. You must file a /bug report in the game. Posting on the forums tells the player base about it, but it doesn't send the problem report to the right people at Turbine. Please take a moment to /bug the problems that you find. If you have a few minutes, go through your full cosmetic collection and /bug all of the problems.

The equestrian community thanks you!

True, there are plenty, aren't there? lol This was a very new one I thought I'd mention. I didn't think an in game bug report would be the proper thing to use for something like this... for whatever reason. I don't know what I was thinking. xD It's not a big deal to me, really, these little bugs. I just try to /bug things and let little issues be known to try to be helpful. heheh I'm sure an in game bug report has been sent more than once from other players by now, anyhow. lol Thanks for your reply! I'll be sure to keep up the /bug reports for any future issues. I think of it as sort of a.... late proofreading. Just wanna be helpful. lol!