We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

Improved Motivating Speech

I was running around the moors the other day and i saw a captain who's motivating speech gave tactical mitigation in addition to the 10% moral. I have looked all over the wiki and other sites and cannot find the source of this improved buff. If somebody could tell me where it came from that would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Oldes View Post
    I was running around the moors the other day and i saw a captain who's motivating speech gave tactical mitigation in addition to the 10% moral. I have looked all over the wiki and other sites and cannot find the source of this improved buff. If somebody could tell me where it came from that would be awesome
    It's an extra buff you get if you are wearing 4 pieces of Tognir armor (Tower of Orthanc tanking set) when you use Motivating. The Rift set has the same bonus iirc, though not as good (375 vs 600 on the tognir set).

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Armour_of_the_Tognir

^ but the bad thing about it is a regular Motivating Speech will override it. Therefore you'll have to swap it on every time if another Captain in your Fellowship hits Motivating Speech without the 4 piece Tognir on.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Divine View Post
    ^ but the bad thing about it is a regular Motivating Speech will override it. Therefore you'll have to swap it on every time if another Captain in your Fellowship hits Motivating Speech without the 4 piece Tognir on.
    That shouldn't happen too frequently if you tell the other captain to stop using Motivating Speech. The only time I see it being a potential issue is if someone dies mid-fight and the other captain uses Motivating Speech on them. Personally, I'd rather have that player get their 10% extra morale back and have the others temporarily lose their 600 tac mit (especially since at least one person is probably capped on tac mit without Tognir anyway). Presumably people won't be dying in most fights, so you still won't have to swap to Tognir that often.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]