We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hunter -- Tactical Mitigation

I assume that for the most part Hunter's do not need Tactical Mitigation for most solo content. (hope this correct?)

But when it comes to higher end instances what is a reasonable amount of tactical mitigation on a hunter?

I've currently got 4,923 with one setup (unbuffed). To low?

Thanks for feedback.

That's actually not bad, mine sits at about 5.3k unbuffed, depending on gear and traits and I've never had a much of a problem raiding.

4.9k is a lot more than the average hunter has, so you are good with tactical mitigation.

Gregolin, if I remembered its name correctly, is another good way to go to get a good chunk of tactical mitigation if you ever need it, if you didn't have that already.

You're right about solo play. Tactical mitigation is not needed or important. I run around at ~5.5k. That does me well enough for most small group content as well unless there is a particularly nasty AoE that can reach you.

The problem is building up your tactical mits so that your DPS doesn't suffer too much. Gregolin, a neck-piece from Foundry T2 is still in my bags (http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item%3AGregolin), and Sarchol from Pits T2 is a handy swap in cloak (http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item%3ASarchol). Those will give you +3000 tactical mitigation without nerfing your damage too much.

I'm also using the guild Wildermore shoulder piece which gives decent Agi, some Crit, and 810 tactical mitigation.

There are also some older pockets; Clinker, dropped by Dhaub in Forges of KD gives ~1100 tactical mitigation, and is in the bottom of my bags somewhere.

I don't have much of the new, BiS stuff so I can't comment on that.

HTH

I see tactical mitigation as one of the most important stats for solo, especially in Ettenmoors in a solo situation, try get your tactical mitigation 7,000+, also try get your critical defence around 3,000+ I recommend using the [item]Starblossom Huntsman's Ring of Rohan[/item]

Hope this helps.

2013 Hunter vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma-75oHavsA
    Last edited by Eklabondood; Jul 17 2013 at 11:34 AM.

Glad I found this thread; my physical and tactical mit are at 9k (about 38%) I thought this was a bit low but from what I've read here I guess I'm just fine...

Quote Originally Posted by Eklabondood View Post
    I see tactical mitigation as one of the most important stats for solo, especially in Ettenmoors in a solo situation, try get your tactical mitigation 7,000+, also try get your critical defence around 3,000+ I recommend using the [item]Starblossom Huntsman's Ring of Rohan[/item]

Hope this helps.

2013 Hunter vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma-75oHavsA

I think it's safe to assume he means solo PvE content where tac mit is next to meaningless. Of course the Moors, solo or otherwise, is a whole different ball game.

For most solo/ instances you can get away with low tact mit. Only certain instances ill boost tact mit like fornost water or fire but sometimes I dont even bother depending on group. For t2 raids however, I def boost tact mits. Usually atleast 10k at the lowest. You get buffs though so it helps boost it even more. I use tact mit virts too as I have higher phys mit.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post
    For most solo/ instances you can get away with low tact mit. Only certain instances ill boost tact mit like fornost water or fire but sometimes I dont even bother depending on group. For t2 raids however, I def boost tact mits. Usually atleast 10k at the lowest. You get buffs though so it helps boost it even more. I use tact mit virts too as I have higher phys mit.
    Apart from slotting virtues , how do you achieve this? Do you have a second bow with relics for tact mit or is it other gear? Is your damage nerfed a lot when doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarian_Grace View Post
    Apart from slotting virtues , how do you achieve this? Do you have a second bow with relics for tact mit or is it other gear? Is your damage nerfed a lot when doing this?
    I swap around alot of gear for t2s. I use shadow stalker,Sunbrad neck(122 vit), moors ring x1 sometimes x2 but I dont like losing 122 agil proc if I can help it, moors offhand, sarchol. I did make another FA with crit def and tact mit relics(some) that I swap around. So with Lm+cappy motivate I get well over 10k tact mit. I try to not drop my pm under 37 or 38k down from like 45 while maintaining atleast 10k mits. Im just doing rough numbers in my head atm but it should be close.

other good rings if you dont have rank for moors:
    Ring of Deep Waters: 150 agil 113 vit from Glighant
    Beremuds Runed Ring: 150 agil 75 vit 1164 finesse from scuttledells
    Stifled Silver Ring: 150 agil 75 vit 384 pm from Lost Temple.
    all good boosts to vit. Id actually use SS Ring over Former residents for dps ring.
    Petrified eagle egg from wound wing is also good. 150 agil 1940 crit def. I sometimes swap token for it. Shadow stalkers still best balanced earrings I think, not sure...
    Last edited by Patriotp3a; Jul 18 2013 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Wrong ring

Quote Originally Posted by Patriotp3a View Post
    I swap around alot of gear for t2s. I use shadow stalker,Sunbrad neck(122 vit), moors ring x1 sometimes x2 but I dont like losing 122 agil proc if I can help it, moors offhand, sarchol. I did make another FA with crit def and tact mit relics(some) that I swap around. So with Lm+cappy motivate I get well over 10k tact mit. I try to not drop my pm under 37 or 38k down from like 45 while maintaining atleast 10k mits. Im just doing rough numbers in my head atm but it should be close.

other good rings if you dont have rank for moors:
    Ring of Deep Waters: 150 agil 113 vit from Glighant
    Beremuds Runed Ring: 150 agil 75 vit 1164 finesse from scuttledells
    Stifled Silver Ring: 150 agil 75 vit 384 pm from Lost Temple.
    all good boosts to vit. Id actually use SS Ring over Former residents for dps ring.
    Petrified eagle egg from wound wing is also good. 150 agil 1940 crit def. I sometimes swap token for it. Shadow stalkers still best balanced earrings I think, not sure...
    Thanks for replying, I do need some more survivability to succeed in t2c content. I remember trying to hunt-tank the.grim in smaug and that being more.difficult than it should have been. I've been toying with the.idea of having a second ring of deep water or using the rohan heal proc ring.
    Definately need the shiny sunbrand necklace of haste I think , or cunning of course.

Lots to chew on and morale/mits to gain, thanks again.
    Last edited by Eldarian_Grace; Jul 18 2013 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarian_Grace View Post
    Thanks for replying, I do need some more survivability to succeed in t2c content. I remember trying to hunt-tank the.grim in smaug and that being more.difficult than it should have been. I've been toying with the.idea of having a second ring of deep water or using the rohan heal proc ring.
    Definately need the shiny sunbrand necklace of haste I think , or cunning of course.

Lots to chew on and morale/mits to gain, thanks again.
    Using the 10% method, I drop some mits and have the guards engage/challenge off of me so I can dps faster. With the 5% method I usually just tank with bout 12-13k mits. Also I use the Helegrod Pots that give like 700 some fire mits. Usually dps isnt an issue with 5% incrwment method. If im running levers, I just stack full mits and swap half half for tenders.
    What helps alot and is rather easy to set up is to get 85 SA weapon and use crit def/tact mit relics as well as the wildermore crit def title. gives you +980 crit def. Youll still have same legacies since you wont be too worried about the dps, it wont matter. Either some crit def/mits and some pm or just go full survival relics. Ofc. Its ideal not to get hit but its good to invest in crit def as well.