We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Who was your Moors Mentor?????

Past threads have made about the conditions of how new commers steps in moors. That made me remember to whom i own my liking to moors. A bit more than a year ago i went vip just to unlocked swifts virtues for my new toons, seeing litle point of interesting in that entermoors thingy...That was until i observed a kin member spending most of his time in that area..He became the person who showed me the basics, took time to show me the places and willed to group and go for the hunt so i could have my firsts 1v1 ... he encouraged me after those starting fights ..also making sure i didnt die and when about to loose he just went for the needed kb..He took the time to jump on the diferent kind of creeps so to have the basic ideas of how to defeat different kinds of enemies ... experiences like that provided me the raw mats from where to build my still underconstruction game ...and its one exaple of how we can help new commers ..I thank Vyrack for his time and mentoring ..its pays to adopt and mentor a noob freep.

I realize i left out other people that in a direct way ispired me :
    I learned a lot from 2 minstrel by watching what they did and secretly inspecting them : Mels and Rathziel (forgive my typing).
    Last edited by MithrilMinded; Sep 08 2013 at 10:21 PM.

ALL day! Just me. By myself. On the block. Holdin it down. Gun in my waist. Straight face. All day. Not a game. In jail. By myself. 1 bed. No pillow case. 1 pillow. Didnt nobody write me. It was early. Woke up. Went back to sleep. Took a nap.
    Chieftain Akart, Servant of [B]Fernando the Benevolent[/B] and [B]Chester the Sleepy Squirrel[/B]

For me i remember when i was rank 6 or so Loaf was the one who showed me every trick when it came to the WL. How to heal good in a raid, even the ways to trait and tricks for 1v1's. Cheers to you loaf

I learned alot from trial and error, but I definitely learned alot from burgerprince. He was pretty chill till I started to own his reaver lol.

My mentor was the war tyrant that dances by the campfire at grams and occasionally spewed orange text into my chat box. Total beast. Learned me how to bust many moves.
    [B][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2]The spider formerly known as Morthil[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#e6e6fa][SIZE=2]
    Arkenstone[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2] - Grishlath [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#e6e6fa][SIZE=2]Landroval[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2] - Xenisthis, Raivotar, Skarsgoth, Shaplash
    Primordial Darkness - The One Man Solo Tribe
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#B22222][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

I think the first people I ever really paid attention to grouping with were Beakon, Leo, then Easy later on. On creep side my first memories were doing a lot of TA lawn fighting with Bigdaddypympstick and Zeus. Those were the days. I can't even remember half the people's names anymore, but I do remember the Moors being legendary.

For me it was Droggo. He didn't mentor me in how to play a WL. I really figured that part out on my own, by being one of the original sparring WL's back in the day. Droggo taught me without actually teaching me, how to be a raid leader. Just by leading by example. I try to this day to bring a little Droggo in me when I charge.

Cheers Brol, I do remember our pre shield bash, and auto crit conversations. Glad it's paid off for you in the long haul.

Believe it or not my main was a champion back in the day. My friend MIQ/Palidin from my swifty and Hammo days brought me out and said it was addicting. He was right. I got in to some Rhab raids and met Falcon and other Mew people. After a while of soloing I decided the champ was not much fun in those days, pre bubbles. I switched to my warden and the rest is history. After a few kins I am with the one kin that I like the majority of the players and we seem to have fun. I believe if I had to choose a mentor it would be falcon. He taught me a lot in the early days of moorsing. For those wondering were miq went. I got him in to a shooter game called modern warfare and told him it was addicting.......I was right and he never returned

P.S. Props to the old Warleaders Omani and Bloodloaf. They were good warleaders when it wasn't easy being cheezy. I miss Drogo too...lol
    Last edited by puvi; Jul 04 2013 at 03:34 PM.

For my reaver it was definitely a lot of trial and error (and continues to be trial and error) but I got a few helpful tips here and there from Grush and Daec that definitely gave me a step up.

For my minstrel people who knew me in 75 days can testify I was an abysmal excuse for a minstrel. But with some advice from Daec and Gallmir when it came to soloing and Baglun when it came to healing I think they managed to turn me into a halfway-competent mini Props to them for helpin out and giving me pointers when I needed them

On my warg, it was a lot of trial and error until I met Miltok. He really showed me the ropes on Ark and taught me the value of spending the time to get my maps after joining the Immortals I really learned a lot from watching Akart and Biglebowskii, not to mention how to really function in a Moors raid from Dethsgrin and Blodshot... the latter of the two who also taught me the value of using my escape skills offensively

Even from my hunter, I learned about the warg from fighting and observing (after death... lol). Though, hunter itself was a different story, nearly all trial and error on gameplay and operating the class out there, but I'd have never gone out there or learned anything about where places were or what to do without Krugwulf (in spite of our differences, sir, I cannot deny I'd never have set foot in the Moors without your guiding hand in the matter).

Nice thread, btw it's fun to reflect on good memories of the past and being a Moors noob.
    Last edited by xxforcardassia; Jul 05 2013 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Auto-correct doesn't like names... -.-

Quote Originally Posted by MithrilMinded View Post
    I thank Vyrack for his time and mentoring ...
    lol glad to hear I actually left a positive memory here and there.

I rarely enter the Moors anymore but when I did....my mentors or crew (the original GoG) that I learned the most from were Kryptix, Sugarbear, Aryante, Axlle, Richard, Coldstone, etc. Kickin the snot out of the Immortals - Vassu, Recluse, Durtz, Vulfen, Tinic, Whitestripe, etc. was our only purpose out there. We rolled with 3 minnies deep at all times and NONE of them ever healed...EVER. Giving Sugarbear and Aryante Warspeech was like handing candy to a couple kids.

Of course, those same Immortals took my greenie warg, Ittuq, into their tribe and showed me the ropes on that side. Still a greenie.

Also, like to mention Beakon, Relo and Easy...those 3 took me under their wing a few times when I was a fresh 50 and showed me a few hunter tricks.

A trip down memory lane, fun thread, enjoy the fishbowl...buh bye.
    Last edited by QuttideBachi; Jul 06 2013 at 02:31 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0820700000003b1b0/01000/signature.png]Quttidebachi[/charsig]

When you get to age 94 your brain starts fading on you, but I'll try anyway.

On creep side I'd say Droggo, Durtz, and Chknoris (or whatever his name was), and there was a female who helped me a lot when I started. I want to say her name was Rivfader but not 100% sure.

On freep side, probably Aryante and Nelbon. Daec taught me a lot but I don't want to boost his ego by saying he was a mentor.

I'm sure I am missing a lot of equally helpful people from long ago.

Good on you fin for this post. + rep

Anywho.... It would have to be Glorno and Flaky. They were both crazy good at what they did. Poor Glorno was teaching a *&&&&&&* rank 5 reaver how to play.. bless his heart lol.. I would quit on me and just take the points! And a tip of the hat to Flaky. I'm sure I never beat him in a one v one. But he taught me how to fight burgs ( before knives out and all that good stuff)

Anyhow great post again fin! Your starting to play one hek of a mini!
    Last edited by motumbo; Jul 07 2013 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elderlygamer View Post
    When you get to age 94 your brain starts fading on you, but I'll try anyway.

On creep side I'd say Droggo, Durtz, and Chknoris (or whatever his name was), and there was a female who helped me a lot when I started. I want to say her name was Rivfader but not 100% sure.

On freep side, probably Aryante and Nelbon. Daec taught me a lot but I don't want to boost his ego by saying he was a mentor.

I'm sure I am missing a lot of equally helpful people from long ago.
    You remember correctly, I too also remember Rivfader. Great WL, iirc. That was back before/during MoM days, I think that's when Bigdaddy first started as well.

Back in the day, a dude named Deja was probably the one who got me most interested in the moors... mainly creepside at the time. I hung out with Sawsage a lot and my reaver always looked up to him. For my warden my influences were Balawise and Glorno for sure, although I'll never be half as awesome as those guys. Gassy always had a positive influence on me as well, encouraging fun and fair playstyle. Tharros has also been a great guy to follow all these years, and if someday I ever attempt to lead a raid it'll be from his example.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/08207000000108297/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    R10 Waden Dirtdiver || R7 Hunter Eleon || R5 RK Hybridd || R4 Champ Ubermorgan

Where oh where art though Gruxxor...

The reason I made a burg in the first place was because Quickfeet, Burgerprince, and Arathrin were all beating up on my greeny level 65 BA over and over again. I decided that rather than fight them I would become one of them. By the time I had finally gotten my burg to level 75 (last July I think), I met Ovon. We had a great time, well I did atleast, trying to pass one another on the leaderboards. After she started playing her spider, Shadoweyez and I started to play together quite often. However, I think the one person I can thank the most for helping me become a better burg, is Shadowrun. By giving me tips after a spar or giving little tricks and just being a nice person, he alone has really helped me.
    I really like this thread a lot, thanks Fin.

*Edit because I can't write a correct sentence for some reason.
    Last edited by Zanwic; Jul 13 2013 at 02:32 AM.

This is a good thread. Let's hear from some more people even if you are relatively new.

Kinloar. At level 50, he put the right amount of pressure on to get me to come out on my captain and my champ. And then again later on my warg one night when several of us rolled a pack. He taught me the basics on both sides.

Then when I made the decision to go fulltime creep, I stalked the solo artists - Gilgaresh, Druzik, etc. And one shameless BA, whose name I've completely forgotten except I think it began with Sh...got permabanned for something, maybe fighting with Flaky, can't remember. He was the first solo BA I paid attention to.

Flaky probably taught me the most about what to do in a fight, without knowing he was doing that. If you didn't take his &&&& attitude personally, and got past the spelling errors, you'd see he was giving out a lot of free advice in the OOC. And when I fought his burg, that really forced me to up the game and pay attention.

And lastly a greenie BA that I ran quests with one time on my warg. He was so happy, bouncing everywhere and typing PEWPEWPEW in fellow chat. He convinced me to roll a BA "because it's so much FUN."
    Last edited by Lurkerinthemist; Jul 13 2013 at 01:02 PM.
    [CENTER][B][COLOR=#ffa500]Clarrow PeopleEater - R12 (finally!) BA[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ee82ee]Clarysta [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#ee82ee]- Lvl 100 Captain - Wannabe Freep R4[/COLOR]
    [I]Twitter - @clarystainsun[/I]
    [/CENTER]

Previous joking aside, while I play how I want and always have the occasional skill and trait debate with Vulf, Tz, Twosock, and Ung has made me rethink things and try something different every once in awhile.

The guys who influenced me the most were the old Bloodthirsty crew. Ung, Muz, and O know who I'm talking about. I play however I feel but Shakdursh and Ribeyejack taught me how to have fun and anyone from BT leads a group now the way we did back then. Fun above all else. and immortals always map out on us
    Chieftain Akart, Servant of [B]Fernando the Benevolent[/B] and [B]Chester the Sleepy Squirrel[/B]

Drendolith taught me everything I know.

Quote Originally Posted by SarumanWise View Post
    Previous joking aside, while I play how I want and always have the occasional skill and trait debate with Vulf, Tz, Twosock, and Ung has made me rethink things and try something different every once in awhile.

The guys who influenced me the most were the old Bloodthirsty crew. Ung, Muz, and O know who I'm talking about. I play however I feel but Shakdursh and Ribeyejack taught me how to have fun and anyone from BT leads a group now the way we did back then. Fun above all else. and immortals always map out on us
    ./salute to the old BT tribe. Miss those guys.

Damn, Ribeyejack. I remember those times -- those were some fun times.
    [B][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2]The spider formerly known as Morthil[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#e6e6fa][SIZE=2]
    Arkenstone[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2] - Grishlath [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#e6e6fa][SIZE=2]Landroval[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#800000][SIZE=2] - Xenisthis, Raivotar, Skarsgoth, Shaplash
    Primordial Darkness - The One Man Solo Tribe
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#B22222][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

I started out in the moors with MeW, as I trtied to understand the waden. Puvi helped out a lot. My LM.... Im not there yet but have talked to many of the LM's out there. Creepside. My defiler. Well only a few good ones to work with and Sin has been thee best asset for me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast