We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 149
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    243

    Who Do You Want to See Return to the Nimrodel Moors?

    Since I recently left the moors with little intentions of coming back, I've been wondering if anyone else has wanted to see a return of old friends or old enemies in the Ettenmoors. Even though the moors has changed rather dramatically I still think it would be nice to see some names mentioned of whom you all miss. After all LOTRO is a game and a place to meet people from who knows where :P

    Give a name and why


    Dafromanx - You've always been a pretty cool guy, always abiding by the rules of the moors and trying to make it a fun place and adjusting to nearly every situation you encounter.

    Wargelite - I didn't know you very long but it was quite the experience seeing a cappy run straight into the face of the creeps with his ghost at his side haha.

    More names later

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    pa
    Posts
    88
    Above all else I miss fighting Saurons spit Bushy esp lol I miss the rivalry/ ba packs hunting us down, was def suprising to get hit by like 10 vts all of a sudden lol.(rofl @ that post you made a long time ago about bushys cjing def blew out of proportions fast my bad man ) Butta would be cool to see back too! And I def miss ezsraens infuriation def caused me a lot of loll's. On a side note this is my last week out here and im off on hiatus perhaps indefinitely so ill be right there with ya val. Big shout out to dafro fo sho! Beast of a player your type is sorely missed man!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Grishmack View Post
    Since I recently left the moors with little intentions of coming back, I've been wondering if anyone else has wanted to see a return of old friends or old enemies in the Ettenmoors. Even though the moors has changed rather dramatically I still think it would be nice to see some names mentioned of whom you all miss. After all LOTRO is a game and a place to meet people from who knows where :P

    Give a name and why


    Dafromanx - You've always been a pretty cool guy, always abiding by the rules of the moors and trying to make it a fun place and adjusting to nearly every situation you encounter.

    Wargelite - I didn't know you very long but it was quite the experience seeing a cappy run straight into the face of the creeps with his ghost at his side haha.

    More names later
    It does not matter who returns brother. It will still be the same. Puffles today loled when I said that creeps are struggling. The new people are so clueless as to the state of the Moors, it's saddening.

    For the lols though, slither, grima on creep, butta, my brother.
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    275
    didn't wargelite farm most of his rank? I recall seeing a R10-ish warg with t3 slayer titles with a name like that..

    either way I can't literally think of a single improvement that would occur from any single player or group of players coming back.

    seriously
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    either way I can't literally think of a single improvement that would occur from any single player or group of players coming back.

    seriously
    False.

    Kalioth.

    And love him, hate him, despise him, or Milty: Butta coming back would be a step in the right direction for this server, from what I've heard.
    Last edited by spelunker; Jul 03 2013 at 10:38 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castle Wars
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    False.

    Kalioth.
    &&&& Beat me to it, but this^^^^




    Also @Toq, Kurnstazg =P
    Last edited by myforumacc2; Jul 03 2013 at 10:39 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    False.

    Kalioth.

    And love him, hate him, despise him, or Milty: Butta coming back would be a step in the right direction for this server, from what I've heard.
    Milt is alright and many of the misgivings I have about the community or the game are shared opinions. he's like the cold grumpy uncle i never had.

    as for the other 2, if the obnoxious red-neck or angsty tween types is what one would consider an improvement to the current status quo it honestly makes me wonder. but i digress.

    Quote Originally Posted by vhamster View Post
    Puffles today loled when I said that creeps are struggling..
    in a book that I would consider as bad or similar enough to book 6 moria where the freeps still somehow managed to get farmed by not even necessarily co-ordinated mid-rank creeps I can see how he would have that opinion

    you have to consider lowest common denominator
    Last edited by Isindar; Jul 03 2013 at 11:47 PM.
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    Milt is alright and many of the misgivings I have about the community or the game are shared opinions. he's like the cold grumpy uncle i never had.

    as for the other 2, if the obnoxious red-neck or angsty tween types is what one would consider an improvement to the current status quo it honestly makes me wonder. but i digress.
    Milty intensely dislikes me for some snarky comment I must have made in OOC sometime, and I like fanning the flames from time to time. I only mentioned him because his hate for Butta is legendary. Did he leave lotro too? that would be too bad.

    Kalioth made Banenakh look like a member of MENSA, if freepside ever starts to struggle I have no doubt his return would turn that around.

    Butta had many faults, but he got lowbie creeps kills/rank/aud/etc, and all that raging and screaming contained basic concepts many lacked.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    Milt is alright and many of the misgivings I have about the community or the game are shared opinions. he's like the cold grumpy uncle i never had.
    Pretty sure he was using me as another adjective (hate, love, Milt, and so forth).

    in a book that I would consider as bad or similar enough to book 6 moria where the freeps still somehow managed to get farmed by not even necessarily co-ordinated mid-rank creeps I can see how he would have that opinion

    you have to consider lowest common denominator
    Meh, I don't see it that way. As usual, it's a numbers thing. On freepside, all I get is zergs because creeps are tired of getting blown up. On creepside, all I do is zerg because I don't want to get blown up. In the past I've said it's the people more than the game mechanics that ruin things but these days, it really is the game mechanics. MoM B6 only lasted a couple of months iirc. I see no end to the stupidness out there now. I'm convinced now the pvp business strategy is OP freeps to encourage storebought and pay2win creeps.

    The answer to the OP's question: Anyone that used to lead. Leadership really was the driving force for the server, ever for leechers like me.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
    Milty intensely dislikes me for some snarky comment I must have made in OOC sometime,
    Not true.

    and I like fanning the flames from time to time. I only mentioned him because his hate for Butta is legendary. Did he leave lotro too? that would be too bad.
    Also not true. Butta was the one that was obsessed with me. I only played along baiting him, it was fun but he would be an excellent example of someone Nimrodel could use right now.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepbrother View Post
    Not true.



    Also not true. Butta was the one that was obsessed with me. I only played along baiting him, it was fun but he would be an excellent example of someone Nimrodel could use right now.
    In the spirit of this remembrance, I think you should write memoirs about the server, Milt.(before the game dies). I'd gladly assist in editing =)
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepbrother View Post
    Pretty sure he was using me as another adjective (hate, love, Milt, and so forth).
    exactly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stepbrother View Post
    Not true.

    Also not true. Butta was the one that was obsessed with me. I only played along baiting him, it was fun but he would be an excellent example of someone Nimrodel could use right now.
    /shrug

    If its any consolation, I agree with 80% of what you say, but disagree so vehemently with the other 20% I'm happy to keep it up.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    either way I can't literally think of a single improvement that would occur from any single player or group of players coming back.

    seriously
    This wasn't the intent of the question I meant to ask who you want to see back in general. Tbh, as far as I have heard the freeps don't need much help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stepbrother View Post
    The answer to the OP's question: Anyone that used to lead. Leadership really was the driving force for the server, ever for leechers like me.
    I can agree that the creeps have been itching for a leader. On freepside I would say they just need a leader who knows where to draw the line.
    Last edited by Grishmack; Jul 04 2013 at 02:21 AM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by vhamster View Post
    In the spirit of this remembrance, I think you should write memoirs about the server, Milt.(before the game dies). I'd gladly assist in editing =)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JjJzMBGUwo

    In all seriousness though, I would absolutely pay real money for a copy if that were to happen.
    [font=Palatino Linotype][color=#66CCFF]Graf[/color][color=#FFD52A] | [/color][color=#FF3300]Musta[/color][/font]

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Grishmack View Post
    This wasn't the intent of the question I meant to ask who you want to see back in general. Tbh, as far as I have heard the freeps don't need much help.



    I can agree that the creeps have been itching for a leader. On freepside I would say they just need a leader who knows where to draw the line.
    Freepside has Braghi, who apparently knows when to go small group and when to raid/disband. In over 5 years of my experience, I have yet to see him do just that. I still remember the guy saying that freeps always need a raid.

    I remember Spidey having a laugh when BB was leaving that Butta and Julietmichele would lead on either side. Well, Spidey, have a laugh. It's Edolas (Wizard's Fire), Shredman and SoD prototype kin of Alliance of the Free Peoples at the helm.

    As you can see, the level has sunk and so has the quality. To remain on topic, nobody returning would solve the problem. However, like I mentioned, seeing Rusty and DD would be nice, the old rivalry and trashtalk would sure return instantaneously =)
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

  16. #16

    Who Cares?

    I don't think too many active moors players miss anyone, or care if anyone who stopped playing comes back. They are having fun playing the game and don't need the stamp of approval from anyone to verify that their Moors experience is legitimate. It seems to me that the folks who stopped playing want people to miss them and want current players to join them in bemoaning the state of the Moors in order to be validated. The Moors are the Moors- there are ups and downs, people come in and go out, balance shifts back and forth, etc. if you stopped playing because that was the right decision for you, that's cool and I am happy for you. If you decide to play again because it will make you happy, that's cool also. But from what I can tell, the folks playing and having fun in the Moors right now aren't pining away for anyone to return.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by Cunaith View Post
    I don't think too many active moors players miss anyone, or care if anyone who stopped playing comes back. They are having fun playing the game and don't need the stamp of approval from anyone to verify that their Moors experience is legitimate. It seems to me that the folks who stopped playing want people to miss them and want current players to join them in bemoaning the state of the Moors in order to be validated. The Moors are the Moors- there are ups and downs, people come in and go out, balance shifts back and forth, etc. if you stopped playing because that was the right decision for you, that's cool and I am happy for you. If you decide to play again because it will make you happy, that's cool also. But from what I can tell, the folks playing and having fun in the Moors right now aren't pining away for anyone to return.
    Forgive a guy for being reminiscent. Most of the people who have posted are still missing the point. The point of the post was to let people post and say some nice words about their friends or rivals. I can agree I could care less about their playstyles or how they contributed to the moors when they were around. So, lets turn this thread around and bring it out of the negative

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Cunaith View Post
    I don't think too many active moors players miss anyone, or care if anyone who stopped playing comes back. They are having fun playing the game and don't need the stamp of approval from anyone to verify that their Moors experience is legitimate. It seems to me that the folks who stopped playing want people to miss them and want current players to join them in bemoaning the state of the Moors in order to be validated. The Moors are the Moors- there are ups and downs, people come in and go out, balance shifts back and forth, etc. if you stopped playing because that was the right decision for you, that's cool and I am happy for you. If you decide to play again because it will make you happy, that's cool also. But from what I can tell, the folks playing and having fun in the Moors right now aren't pining away for anyone to return.
    That's a load of BS, I'm sorry.

    People miss fun times, crazy times, decent fighting (for a change). To discredit that completely, you must be delusional. I, for once, miss my old fights vs Spidey, Bloodbain and a few others because they were respectful, challenging (frequently) and most importantly FUN! I miss the rivalry, camaraderie, etc. The community was what drove the force in the moors. That community is GONE. The current population, like you pointed out, does not give a flying hoot and that is the sad part.



    Current active players (new ones) have absolutely no clue as to how fun it was prior to the departure of many active/skillful players. F***, I'm even going to say I miss Ezsra, because that hate/qq turned into decent fighting(most of the time).

    As for my part, I'll continue doing what I do, regardless of what happens.However, Unity is ever elusive on this server, unfortunately.
    Volodic- Rank 14 Minstrel- The first and the last Warlord of Nimrodel
    Volobash- Rank 11 Blackarrow- Arkenstone, Nikitah's Bane
    Volosavenger- Rank 9 Stalker- Landroval, The white warg

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by vhamster View Post
    Current active players (new ones) have absolutely no clue as to how fun it was prior to the departure of many active/skillful players. F***, I'm even going to say I miss Ezsra, because that hate/qq turned into decent fighting(most of the time).
    I think this was the problem of many PVE players moving to PVP (myself probably included) and I in part blame the new raids. Because they were so &&&&, PvE players began PvPing. Now, what are PvE players best at? Farming the same &&&& over and over again to get the stuff they need (While Turbine does seem to have a 'too lazy? Just buy it!' policy, it's not the point). This transferred to their attitude in PvP. Beat your head against the wall no matter the cost.

    That being said, I'm still in the view that this fresh batch of freeps are just generally clueless people in general. Sure push buttons, even in a decent order and cool, decent dps. But as for actually having brains for other things?

    As for the topic? I wasn't around for what you'd call 'the good ol' days' I suppose, but quite frankly, it's like what Grish says, just need more people on freeps to realise what they are actually doing and draw a line. Doesn't matter who it is.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Cunaith View Post
    I don't think too many active moors players miss anyone, or care if anyone who stopped playing comes back. They are having fun playing the game and don't need the stamp of approval from anyone to verify that their Moors experience is legitimate. It seems to me that the folks who stopped playing want people to miss them and want current players to join them in bemoaning the state of the Moors in order to be validated. The Moors are the Moors- there are ups and downs, people come in and go out, balance shifts back and forth, etc. if you stopped playing because that was the right decision for you, that's cool and I am happy for you. If you decide to play again because it will make you happy, that's cool also. But from what I can tell, the folks playing and having fun in the Moors right now aren't pining away for anyone to return.
    Spoken like someone who sees their opponents as nothing more than renown on legs.


    Quote Originally Posted by sp33dccm View Post
    That being said, I'm still in the view that this fresh batch of freeps are just generally clueless people in general. Sure push buttons, even in a decent order and cool, decent dps. But as for actually having brains for other things?
    I try to avoid the 'kids these days' types of comments, but this really sticks out to me. The revolving door nature of the current Moors playerbase coupled with the speed at which rank can be achieved has lead to a lot of this in my opinion.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheme View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JjJzMBGUwo

    In all seriousness though, I would absolutely pay real money for a copy if that were to happen.
    I would have thought you guys would see it more like this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zFJI4axcxs&t=2m35s

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Tamriel
    Posts
    4,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    didn't wargelite farm most of his rank? I recall seeing a R10-ish warg with t3 slayer titles with a name like that..

    either way I can't literally think of a single improvement that would occur from any single player or group of players coming back.

    seriously
    He had Warden Slayer when like 2 Wardens ever stepped foot in the moors, so yeah.

    I want Urukind back, just so I can hear that drunken Brit again!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JHb8j_7evI

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHGu09A43YI

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3zCFZPoTgc

    And remember...Do NOT trust The Black Blade!!! THEY CHEEEAAAATTTTT!

    Thanks for the mention, Volo, I too miss our impromptu 1v1's.....before your class got all OP and stuff

    In all honesty, I want Grima back on Freep. I guarantee TBB would be back if he came back, just to have the pleasure of running him off the server again.

    On Creepside, Meldrath, just to hear him rage!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnFAP0lbdoA
    Last edited by Gladgilrian; Jul 04 2013 at 07:19 PM.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

    [center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepbrother View Post
    Meh, I don't see it that way. As usual, it's a numbers thing. On freepside, all I get is zergs because creeps are tired of getting blown up. On creepside, all I do is zerg because I don't want to get blown up. In the past I've said it's the people more than the game mechanics that ruin things but these days, it really is the game mechanics. MoM B6 only lasted a couple of months iirc. I see no end to the stupidness out there now. I'm convinced now the pvp business strategy is OP freeps to encourage storebought and pay2win creeps.
    The current status quo sees freeps almost doubling our numbers daily and the gains of renown:infamy typically mirror that. So yes, it is a numbers thing the majority of the time and when they're all raided up and it's literally impossible to get a kill even with 5-10 people pounding on a single light armour class I tell people to just log out or take a break, because when I have almost every creep online in my group and we still can't make headway it quite literally is pointless.

    Hell, when we manage to get half as many kills as people we lose the opposition typically runs and sits on those stupid new keep doors. And now we can't blame anirien anymore.

    It's not the mechanics, it never has been. It's always been the players. Perhaps the best part of it all its that's the way it's always been and it'll never change, so unless you are deadset on grinding the opposition into points for hours on end while sitting in the same spot on the map using the same boring rotation and never improving, then freepside on nimrodel is the place for you (generally speaking here)
    "death is nothing to us, for when we are.. death has not come. And when death has finally come, we are not"
    R7 Spider/R11 Reaver - R13/R11 Champion

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by Isindar View Post
    The current status quo sees freeps almost doubling our numbers daily and the gains of renown:infamy typically mirror that. So yes, it is a numbers thing the majority of the time and when they're all raided up and it's literally impossible to get a kill even with 5-10 people pounding on a single light armour class I tell people to just log out or take a break, because when I have almost every creep online in my group and we still can't make headway it quite literally is pointless.
    Maybe, I have only logged into Nim sporadically lately. My experience has been for a long time, though, that there are always far more creeps on than any given fight would dictate. There are those that only fight when it looks like a win. Maybe that's because they're idiots and maybe it's because of the mechanics. Let's call it the mechidiots.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    I want Urukind back, just so I can hear that drunken Brit again!!

    And remember...Do NOT trust The Black Blade!!! THEY CHEEEAAAATTTTT!
    He was on this morning at 3 AM EST :P I said hello haha. still the same guy I remember.

 

 
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload