We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Need advice on my virtues

Hi all, have been running instances and slowly i had the feeling i had chosen some of the wrong virtues, i did not have the feeling that all my virtues were contributing to a max result:
    This is what i am using atm:
    Determination
    Zeal
    Loyalty
    Idealism
    Justice

I just wonder if i should replace determination (and maybe idealism) for virtues like compassion, innocence, charity or fortitude.

Why am i doubting about my virtues? well i have not the feeling that determination and idealism increase my dps that much, and they don't improve my survivability either, not that i feel squishy,but i would like to have more advantage of my virtues

Would like to hear your opninions on this matter... if i have to start grinding again for the virtues i wanna know for sure that i am doing well
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

Tolerance Fidelity Zeal Innocence Honour
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

The main focus of virtues is mitigation, as there isn't much other medium armour gear that provides enough of it. Idealism is the only virtue you have that I am not in favour of, for a hunter.

So I run: Fidelity, Tolerance, Valour, Zeal and Determination

It is entirely up to your own choice how you trait, it is not entirely game breaking if you choose different, but I recommend virtues that boost either your mitigations or morale, as end-game gear will provide you with more than enough agility.
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

I agree with zalladi - but I run different virtues Innocence, Zeal, Empathy, Compassion and Charity. I tend not to choose those that have agility because that is so easily obtained from equipment. Physical mitigation is certainly at the top of the chain of concerns for sure.

lol, so far 3 reactions and three quite different builds, i am getting slowly more confused
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

Quote Originally Posted by Flixxer View Post
    lol, so far 3 reactions and three quite different builds, i am getting slowly more confused
    Hehe, everyone traits differently, it's all a matter of opinion for how you want your build to be, so just trait what you like the most and you'll be good, as I said, it's not game-breaking :P

Edit: After poster below reminded me of mitigation importance; tactical mitigation is the most important of the mitigations, both in PvE and PvP.
    Last edited by zalladi; Jun 18 2013 at 03:25 PM.
    [center]Superior Grand Master Spectator of Wall-Paint Drying[/center]

All those make sense. I've (daringly) dropped Zeal and run Determination, Fidelity, Innocence, Tolerance and Honour. Phys mit is far less important than tac mit for me.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons