We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is the Universal Toolkit worth the 150TP?

So I recently came back to the game after a good 7/8 months and have started on a new Warden character. I seen someone link the Universal Toolkit in the chat store and I noticed that they give some nice bonuses like 20% increased Crit chance. So I looked in the store and seen that they are 150TP and it's for all characters on a single world, which would be brilliant as I would have my main as an Explorer for my medium armour, and would have my alt as a Woodsman for my spear's and javelins, or vice-versa. So are these tools worth the 150TP? I already have the North Downs and Evendim to get me up to level 40ish I think, and I used to be a V.I.P so I have space for a TP grinding alt for when the time comes to buy another quest pack.
    [center][b][color=turquoise]Erebdraug R9 Warden - Erebelleth R6 Rune-Keeper[/color] | [color=crimson]Roshyk R6 Reaver - Rukat R6 Warg[/color][/b][/center]

I think it's worth it, yes. Especially since it is bound to account and you can send it to alts.

The only down side is it is relatively common to find in both Hobbit Presents and Loot Boxes. The day after I bought mine I got another out of a box. But if you wait for it to come out of a box you'll probably never get it.

Yeah I did that with a Silver Key for a Lootbox I found, ended up buying the key from the store and then boom, I get a key as loot like 10 minutes later haha. Think I may buy it, would definitely like to have those extra crit chances :P
    [center][b][color=turquoise]Erebdraug R9 Warden - Erebelleth R6 Rune-Keeper[/color] | [color=crimson]Roshyk R6 Reaver - Rukat R6 Warg[/color][/b][/center]

Very much worth it!

The bonuses are better than anything you can get till you can use the level 80 crafted toolkits.

You save each character that uses one at least 2 bag slots. If you have enough crafters that none of them uses the third skill in each profession, then you only save one bag slot.

If you have a low level Explorer character it's more than worth it not to be forever getting that annoying message about not having the right tool equipped when you go to chop wood or mine ore. This ceases to be a problem after level 55 when you can get a crafted all in one Explorer's toolkit.

They're bound to your account, but not to a single character, so if you're good about remembering to put the toolkit into shared storage at the end of each play session, you'll only need one for all your characters.

If you have a spot of cash and a highlevel character and no army of crafters - get the best crit tool for your profession.

If you have several characters below 55 (first tools where you can get the all-in-one and don't have to worry about all the tool swapping) and some shared storage, I can thoroughly recommend the kit. It transfers in shared and you can use it on any level crafter. Great stuff.

EDIT The ones had from lootboxes are bound to character, as far as I have seen. If you have shared, perhaps better to simply grab the 150tp one.

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post

EDIT The ones had from lootboxes are bound to character, as far as I have seen.
    This was true before U10.1 or so, but now they are all bound-to-account no matter how you acquire them.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Crell_1 View Post
    This was true before U10.1 or so, but now they are all bound-to-account no matter how you acquire them.
    Aha good, thank you = )

Then holding out hoping for one to loot isn't all that bad an option.

Thumbs up Worth it!

Honestly, the Universal Tool Kit is one of the best items they've ever offered in the store, considering the following:

20% crit rate on crafting (you would usually not get this until you hit level 55, and then only with a teal tool set for your character's profession)

Only 150 TP, which is cheaper than just about everything else in the store.

Bound-to-account, so if you're thrifty, you can just buy one and move it from character to character via shared storage.

NEVER switch tools for gathering or crafting again! (I include this last one because it gets really annoying for an Explorere to swtich between prospecting pick and forestry axe every 30 seconds.)

Seriously, if you have a character lower than level 55, you're doing yourself a disservice by not owning one of these. They're wonderful.
    "Not all those who wander are lost." -Tolkien
    "No matter where you go, there you are." -Confucius

As others have said, yes it seems worth it. From a crafters perspective, I would say your alternative is to make one and that can be a very bad turn of events. Look down the list of topics here, I was really unhappy with the ability to craft a kit, but the odds are rarely in your favour. The Journals, crit ingredients, odds...you end up with something not much better (or not, can't recall the exact number) so I would say yes it is worth it to use TP.

If you are a "lore" person or "crafter", say, then be warned that you may likely be super disappointed in trying to make a set.

..plink plink!

Edit: Wow it's on page 3 already. Nice to see the forums busy, maybe the consolidation helped?
    ("Eastemnet Crafting Tools")
    Last edited by Schmidster; May 28 2013 at 10:46 PM. Reason: topic location

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidster View Post
    As others have said, yes it seems worth it. From a crafters perspective, I would say your alternative is to make one and that can be a very bad turn of events. Look down the list of topics here, I was really unhappy with the ability to craft a kit, but the odds are rarely in your favour. The Journals, crit ingredients, odds...you end up with something not much better (or not, can't recall the exact number) so I would say yes it is worth it to use TP.

If you are a "lore" person or "crafter", say, then be warned that you may likely be super disappointed in trying to make a set.

..plink plink!

Edit: Wow it's on page 3 already. Nice to see the forums busy, maybe the consolidation helped?
    ("Eastemnet Crafting Tools")
    Guild tool sets don't need to crit, but there is a 6 day cooldown. Honestly, I rarely don't crit a toolset when I make them. Also, in game gold is far easier and cheaper to get than TP, so I'd stick with the level 55 and then level 80 guild tool sets. But that's just me...

Best 150 points ever spent!

bought this yesterday evening when i logged in and saw my points came in for the month, love it, the crit is great on it, makes mining so much faster now and tolerable.

i suggest anyone who is serious about crafting in this game to purchase this
    If you are going to be bad, be bad with purpose, otherwise your just not worth Forgiving

Damon Salvatore

It's great for low level crafters, but you would never use it on a high level crafter because it would lower your crit chance down to 20%. You do NOT get one per character, rather you get one that can be shared by characters (but that's kind of impractical, the best that can be said is that when you hit level 45 with that crafter you can pass it to a lower lever alt on the same account and server-- still a nice feature). As stated, you will eventually get one from hobbit presents, but if you don't want to wait, the 150tp is a decent price.

You can also get them from lootboxes of any level...

I'm sitting on ~19 toolkits for 12 characters...

Hopefully they'll bump the crit ratings to T8 when we have T9 tools.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler