We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Various Future Expansions

What do you think will be the next expansion, considering RoR brought east Rohan its more then likely west Rohan is next. However there are still many more areas to explore.

1. Lindon
    2. North Mirkwood
    3. Wilderland
    4. Rhun
    5. Harad
    6. Khand
    7. Mordor
    8. Dagorlad
    9. Dead Marshes
    10. Gundabad
    11. Gondor
    12. Ithilien
    13. Iron Hills
    14. Gray Mountains
    15. Angbad

Its hard to say. The Story is taking us through Rohan now and it would be hard to head back north. I can see North Mirkwood as an update and an alt area to level up (75-85) It might come out around the same time as the second hobbit movie. If I were in marketing I would do that. However they may not do anything along the hobbit path since they released those instances. I don't think West Roahn would be an x-pack, again I would think that it would be another update, maybe even update 11, We still want to go into Fangorn forest.
    After those are done I would say Gondor would be the next x-pack. Then maybe Mordor after that. And the main story would be over and they could start making more of those other area you talked about. Its hard to know were we are going though.
    [COLOR=Lightgreen] (rank 5) Aralt 89 Hunter[/Color]
    [Color=red] Arklarsh Rank 4 Stalker [/Color]

After those are done I would say Gondor would be the next x-pack. Then maybe Mordor after that. And the main story would be over and they could start making more of those other area you talked about. Its hard to know were we are going though.
    Gondor would be a great x-pac hopefully several parts like Rohan to do it justice, also to add a bit we also would have several revisions to Lonelands, Mirkwood, Rivendell, etc. Before we get to areas like Harad, Khand, Run I think.

I bet Turbine will continue doing their fantastic job they have been doing and do justice to the next epic xpacs.

My best guess for the next expansion after Rohan would be coastal Gondor, helping Aragorn rallying the troops. No inside info, just my realistic guess. I'd love to see more peripherial stuff but I think Turbine is under a time contraint. Since WB got involved, my confidence in licensing renewal is fading.

As they are doing it nowadays we will get

West Rohan (announced)
    West coastal gondor
    central coastal gondor
    eastern coastal gondor
    Minas tirith 1st level
    2nd
    3rd and so on
    west Ostgilliath
    central osgilliath
    eastern osgilliath
    a tree in ithillien and so on all in different x-packs (ofc bundled with rather useless cheap fluff with a cool name attached to it)
    [CENTER][COLOR=#008080]Chains of insanity [/COLOR][COLOR=#fff0f5]- [/COLOR][COLOR=#800080]Doom of GY Reborn [/COLOR]-[COLOR=#ff0000] FOTM[/COLOR] - [COLOR=#0000ff]WotGE[/COLOR] -[COLOR=#40e0d0] The [/COLOR][COLOR=#00ffff]Fancy Lads
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#ee82ee]Retired from LOTRO[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by DiorEluchil View Post
    As they are doing it nowadays we will get

West Rohan (announced)
    West coastal gondor
    central coastal gondor
    eastern coastal gondor
    Minas tirith 1st level
    2nd
    3rd and so on
    west Ostgilliath
    central osgilliath
    eastern osgilliath
    a tree in ithillien and so on all in different x-packs (ofc bundled with rather useless cheap fluff with a cool name attached to it)
    Um no right now we are looking at
    Western Rohan Fall 2013
    Central Gondor Fall 2014
    Mordor Fall 2015
    Wilderland, Rhun Fall 2016
    Scouring of the Shire, Grey Havens Summer 2017
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000027615c/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

When people say Mordor, do they invisage the entire country or just Gorgoroth?
    [CENTER][I][FONT=georgia]"Never laugh at live dragons"[/FONT][/I]
    [/CENTER]

I imagined that after Rohan we would either get a small expansion in a zone to the north or north east or start going into Gondor. I can see Gondor being 2 large expansions and possibly even 3 if they are small xpacs.

I don't honestly think we will ever get to Mordor in the sense of it being a zone.

I'd love to see Lindon that would be cool. I doubt we get anything from the 1st age because I don't know if they have the game rights to that (although that would be sick...imagine the raids and instances they could come up with).
    Co-Founder of TEAM F. Turined R9 champ. Mashedtaters R9 Reaver
    Perma-Retired Pre SoM- R9 Hnt. R8 Reaver

Quote Originally Posted by Slin6 View Post
    I doubt we get anything from the 1st age because I don't know if they have the game rights to that (although that would be sick...imagine the raids and instances they could come up with).
    We can be absolutely definite about that: they don't have the rights, those have never been licensed to anyone, nor is it at all likely they ever will be. It'll be a good long while yet before they're out of copyright, too (that won't happen until 2043).

My OCD tweaks a bit when I think of the hole in the map between Bree-land and Enedwaith. I am rather hoping to see a Minhiriath expansion. When the War ends, I will be itching to retrace the footsteps of the kings of old and travel along the Royal Highway from Gondor to Fornost. (Of course, I would stop to check out the trout situation in the Greyflood and explore the ruins of Tharbad.)

Would not Frodo and his kin have traveled through that region of ancient Cardolan to pick up the road to the South Farthing when they returned to the Shire? (Going all the way up to meet the Great East Road in the Trollshaws would not have made much sense.) If so, perhaps the Turbinar will allow us to follow the Hobbits' path. For that matter, I suspect that it is also the main avenue through which Isengard exercises influence over the Shire. (I rather doubt that Sauruman would want his pipeweed deliveries passing close to Rivendell; however, some of us have encountered evidence that at least one shipment went along the northern route before the War came.)

But, currently, the Greenway in Bree-land is barricaded to the south at the Vale of Andrath and again to the northwest at the Enedwaith border where it passes from the Windfells.

Pardon my ignorance in copyright law.
    But, since many events of the second age are tied to The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, couldn't they do a couple expansions to expand upon the events?
    First law is out of the question, but there's lore and events in the Second age that they could be able to pull of, no?

I mean we already did things in Angmar and with the story of Celebrimbor abit.
    Maybe they can do it better as expansions after LotR comes to an end. Keep the levels we have and just make us be in the second age as they prepare to fight Sauron for the first time? IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by AztecTemplar View Post
    Pardon my ignorance in copyright law.
    But, since many events of the second age are tied to The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, couldn't they do a couple expansions to expand upon the events?
    First law is out of the question, but there's lore and events in the Second age that they could be able to pull of, no?

I mean we already did things in Angmar and with the story of Celebrimbor abit.
    Maybe they can do it better as expansions after LotR comes to an end. Keep the levels we have and just make us be in the second age as they prepare to fight Sauron for the first time? IDK.
    Leaving aside the whole question of licensing, how could that be an 'expansion'? The entire map would be different, lots of familiar places wouldn't be there and some familiar ones would be very, very different. (Lindon still full of Elves, Khazad-dûm full of Dwarves and so on, there'd be no shadow yet on the Greenwood, the gardens of the Ent-wives would still be where the Brown Lands are in the Third Age). And there'd be no hobbits anywhere west of the Misty Mountains, because they wouldn't have arrived there yet. It'd mean redoing the whole game-world. Most importantly, the events around the Three Rings of the Elves and the war Sauron started with the Elves over them were an Elf-only show to start with - followed by Sauron successfully conquering almost all of Middle-earth, only being thrown back when the Numenoreans came to help the Elves. So not just the game-world would have to be different, so would all the participants. The Dwarves just sat it out, for example. The Men of Middle-earth were just suffering bystanders who got overrun, they had to survive as best they could. So that's one lot of lore and events, and then (a long time after) there's the arrival of the Dunedain in Middle-earth and the run-up to the War of the Last Alliance, but that's a whole different ballgame and again, big differences to the game-world, differences to the participants. I think your imagination has failed you a bit there when it comes to just how different it would be, just how much work it would involve.

Based on the in-game map of Rhovanion, I think the expansions there will be(in no particular order):
    Dagorlad
    Rhun
    Wilderland
    Gladden Fields
    Mirkwood
    Mordor
    Give Me Southfarthing or Give Me Death, Turbine.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e01000027fa65/signature.png]Blagrogat[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Shryakaw View Post
    Based on the in-game map of Rhovanion, I think the expansions there will be(in no particular order):
    Dagorlad
    Rhun
    Wilderland
    Gladden Fields
    Mirkwood
    Mordor
    That sure is true, while we see some marks of expansions/region updates in Eriador too. The place where it all begins for the dwarves and Elves, the refuge of Edhellion, is one of that marks. They have even put 'to northern ered luin' right next to it on the map. And there are two 'to the grey havens' spots beneath Thorin's Gate. In the Shire there are two spots to, to the west and to the south. As there has been mentioned before in comments, the journey back was by the big road from the south.

I think that if turbine plays it smart, they will be able to make very much new regions, without infringing the rights of Tolkien Inc.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322100000016b43a/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

West and Southfarthing in the Shire

These could be put in when the heroic adventurers have to save the Hobbit folk from Saruman and his cronies after giving Sauron a kicking.
    Last edited by Dekkameron; Aug 21 2013 at 02:11 PM.

I'd like to see Beleriand
    Meshoot, rank 9 Blackarrow, Officer of Freepaphiles Riddermark
    >:} Memento Mori {:<
    Aka Grumpis the honorable Mustelidian Pew Pew of love and cheery brightness.
    >The Mustelidian Cult is the cult, is the cult for you and me<

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpisaw View Post
    I'd like to see Beleriand
    Screw beleriand, I want numenor
    The only impossibility is the possibility of impossibilities -Me