We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    I'll never buy at these prices either. Way to continually disillusion your playerbase Turbine, truly breathtaking.

Quote Originally Posted by yafga View Post
    Lotro is in ruins.. and you complain about prices of dye colors! haha

Goodness! Get your priorities straight!.

If you can't kill orcs while being stylish, what's the point in having controllable pixels???!?

/signed.

I'd pay 95 tp for a single color & character. I'd also pay up to, say 995, to unlock all colors account wide. I am not going to pay 595 for a group of colors for a single character when I am on interested in one of them!

I get turbine has to make money, and cosmetics are a great place to do it because it does not affect game balance, but the current prices are higher than I am willing to pay.

I'd like to see the current prices unlock the colors for all characters on an account, with a lower price to unlock them for one character.
    An option to buy all the colors at once for a discount would be wonderful, and options to buy single colors would be nifty.
    But while we're at it, how about the prices of other war steed cosmetics, such as hides and accessories?
    --= Windy Acres Ranch -- http://SteelAndMagic.com =--

Why do these prices cost more than access to another MMO (e.g. Guild Wars 2)?

100s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Hrolfdan (MN), Aldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rumbold (BG): The little ones - Rumbelina (MN), Brai (RK)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), Snowbourn
    A Noob for All Seasons

Another expansion in and this is still an issue. The dye packs for war steeds and their gear are way too high for a single character to purchase.
    I have purchased 2 steed color packs on my main and one pack for one alt. My other alts just make do with grim grey. I have never purchased dye packs for the war steed gear, and the skins I did buy I got only when they were on sale.

If they were account-wide, even at 595 tp I would have already purchased all dye packs for both the steed and for the gear, and been fine with it. I don't think I'm alone in this, and if my purchase history is any indication Turbine is losing money by making them so insanely expensive for each individual character. Instead of the what… 6k TP I'd spend on an account wide purchase I would feel good about, I've instead spent a grudging, resentful 1300ish TP.
    I love the cosmetics in lotro and I regularly purchase TP and spend it in the store, but I have never been okay with the prices and it is a constant source of consternation and disappointment for me. Please take another look at the cost-benefit of this item.
    Diamint: 95 Guardian, Yvanor: 95 Lore-master
    Silverkeep, Vilya

I will never ever understand this pricing policy, but then Turbine makes many choices that boggle the mind, so no doubt I am missing the most important piece of information to explain the reasoning behind these prices. On an emotional level I experience these prices as abusive and for that reason will not purchase them at full price (only bought at the 1-day 50% discount last year February). I keep hoping that some fine day in the distant future all my characters will be able to enjoy these hide and gear colours, but since this thread has been going for a year and half now, I don't think Turbine feels the same way. /shrug
    COSMETIC LOTRO

a blog about Middle-earth outfits

Personally I'm hoping that at some point Turbine will give the Historian the ability to make the Dyes for warsteeds, probably after they find something else that might make more of an profit.

the dye pack prices are fine, they don't need to be changed. these are store items for premium players who have money to blow to make themselves stand out.

same people complaining about them are the people who can't afford the premium war-steeds for 1995 TP

Turbine, please leave the dye pack prices alone, add an all dye pack option, or offer an account wide option for an even larger price.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

This would be a great time to buy the dye packs, using this weekend's 25% off coupon. That makes the price much more reasonable.
    --= Windy Acres Ranch -- http://SteelAndMagic.com =--

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    same people complaining about them are the people who can't afford the premium war-steeds for 1995 TP
    While your "poor people aren't worth listening to" condescension is lovely and all, you're wrong on this. I have bought and will continue to buy premium mounts at their current price, because the pricing for them makes sense to me and doesn't feel egregiously exploitative.
    Diamint: 95 Guardian, Yvanor: 95 Lore-master
    Silverkeep, Vilya

Just checked again on the warsteed colour prices, but still nothing has changed. I can't help continuing to hope, though some argue that I am being irrational.
    I briefly considered buying TP again this week on the bonus offer, but with colour prices remaining as they are, I decided against it as that's the only thing I would spend TP on at the moment.

Maybe the Lotro Store team could do a big review of all item prices this year, as some store items are no longer worth what they used to be a few years back and may receive renewed interest if their prices where lowered (not just on a one time sale, but permanently). This is especially valid for the steed colours.
    COSMETIC LOTRO

I'd still like to see an account-wide purchase available for the dye packs as well. It was suggested when they first came out and it didn't happen, but it's still something that I'd like to see.(It would be awesome if there was some kind of discount given to people who had already bought one or more of the individual dyepacks, though I'm not sure if that would be possible. Anyway, I've bought 2 packs (I think) for my main, and I might buy one for an alt when they go on sale, but it's unlikely I'll buy more than that. However, I'd definitely be open to buying account-wide versions.

Just a quick heads up for folks following this topic:

May 9-11: one of the spring weekend sales is 60% off warsteed cosmetic dye packs.
    Townsperson says, "I'm having an adventure. I've paddled all the way from Frogmorton!"

Somebody finally listened!! THANK YOU!! Better late than never! (even though it's a temporary sale, it's still wonderful!)
    As of this weekend all my alts will finally ride in style!
    COSMETIC LOTRO

hehe, I am glad you are happy Hymne. Only took 17 months and 24 pages of posts to get us a weekend sale. Too late for me though. I am settled in with TESO and just come back for socializing now and then.

( though I still follow your blog )
    If you ain't dyin' then you ain't tryin'...
    [url]http://andurula.blogspot.com[/url]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000013c508/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Even at 60% I refuse to pay this price even though I can easily afford it and have nothing left to spend points on. Unless they come out with a reasonable account wide option or an option to pick and choose which colors you want I can't justify the spending of points across two or three color palettes when I might only be interested in one color from each palette. Mounted combat is such a minuscule, seldom used system that to spend this amount of points, even at 60% off, seems like a monumental rip off to me when you consider how much an entire quest pack costs in comparison and time to develop.

Thank you for the sale.

Let's see, 15 alts at 238 points per palette, 1 color from 3 separate palettes + 9 completely useless colors I don't want, that's 714 points per alt x 15 = 10710 points or approximately $100 give or take for 3 colors that cost practically nothing to develop and implement. Yes, thank you for charging us more than what several high quality games would cost in their entirety. Games that aren't riddled with horrific load times not seen since the Commodore 64, crippling bugs and tedious, mind numbing grinds. Thank you. We salute you. We should be very grateful. At least now we can look pretty while crashing into walls. ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jagannath View Post
    Let's see, 15 alts at 238 points per palette, 1 color from 3 separate palettes + 9 completely useless colors I don't want, that's 714 points per alt x 15 = 10710 points or approximately $100 give or take for 3 colors that cost practically nothing to develop and implement. Yes, thank you for charging us more than what several high quality games would cost in their entirety. Games that aren't riddled with horrific load times not seen since the Commodore 64, crippling bugs and tedious, mind numbing grinds. Thank you. We salute you. We should be very grateful. At least now we can look pretty while crashing into walls. ^.^
    Yeah if you have several alts it's costly. However for me I have only 1 character who has a warsteed so I was happy to see this sale & get a dye pack.

21. Well, I see the War Steed colours were on sale...and I assumed it was the usual week-long sale. But it was just a weekend sale, and I was busy over the weekend so I missed it.

I was looking forward to making my War Steeds look great but I'm not paying the current prices. Unfortunately, every day I feel less and less like like playing LotRO.
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above
    hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
    - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Well, this is my stance on it. If they were account-wide, I'd have bought every single one of them. At full price. In a heartbeat. Even faster on sale (if that's even possible). On a character-by-character basis? I will not buy even one. Not for any toon, not for any reason.
    R5 100 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 100 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/100 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/35 WDN Godoric
    R9 100 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

/signed

They would sell much better if they offered an account-wide version, I am sure. Turbine, you should do something. NOOOOW!
    Please read the post overhead and understand it fully before responding with overwhelming negativity to opinions you have no personal interest in, but still want to complain about. Don't troll the feeders. Great, you acknowledge the need to apologize, but I don't see an actual apology anywhere. Are you a politician by any chance? - xandervix_tog.

Please lower the price, allow us to buy one color alone or make them account-wide.
    Last edited by elianidd2; Jul 16 2014 at 10:24 AM.

This tread has been going on for 22 months. I have not read every post, but from what I can gather during that time we have seen one sale on the color packs. No lower pricing. No seperate colors. No account-wide option. I think we are beating a dead horse, folks.

For the record, I agree, the price is too high.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is my personal opinion.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast