We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Heralds are people too. Mount them up!

And not in a dirty way...

Ever since my first time playing this game, I was LOVING having my herald following me around for companionship, but he was always missing when I mounted. He just... vanishes, yet his vitals are still showing. I think the herald shouldn't vanish. He should mount up when we do--OR at least make him ride on the back of our horses. He's not a regular pet; He's not a lynx or a bear, so I know he's quite capable of riding a horse.

Thoughts?

Not having a captain, I still can say that I would love to see heralds mounted up on the captain's horse. Not so much as having their own horse as that could be intrusive. It would further differentiate the classes and be a welcome change. However I can see why it would never be implemented. The cost of changing so much in animations just for a cosmetic effect Turbine will probably think it's just not worth it.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post

Ever since my first time playing this game, I was LOVING having my herald following me around for companionship, but he was always missing when I mounted. He just... vanishes, yet his vitals are still showing. I think the herald shouldn't vanish. He should mount up when we do--OR at least make him ride on the back of our horses. He's not a regular pet; He's not a lynx or a bear, so I know he's quite capable of riding a horse.

Thoughts?
    The cosmetic does not bother me (though having to reapply the sword brother each time does). That said, now that we are going to be engaged in mounted combat, I think a mount for our heralds will be necessary. Only time will tell.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000033326e/01008/signature.png]doronor[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by seyahat View Post
    The cosmetic does not bother me (though having to reapply the sword brother each time does). That said, now that we are going to be engaged in mounted combat, I think a mount for our heralds will be necessary. Only time will tell.
    I agree; heralds/banners are a part of captain play; I can't think of an instance I don't have my herald or a banner out in combat, unless I'm backtracking and doing grey-level epic quests or something. Since captains are always buffed up with their personal buffs and, in combat, their banners (whether it be a standard or herald), I dread thinking of mounted combat without them.

What about roller blades and rope. Some of the herald skills could be replaced with

Clip: You pull a slight turn against your opponent causing the herald to swing out beside you, clipping your opponent of the horse with the rope.

Knock down: you pull a hard turn and release the rope flinging your herald at your opponent at great speed knocking him to the ground for a time.

Slapshot: you toss your halberd to your herald who races toward his target and performs a powerful 270 degree swing doing massive knockback damage.

Oathbreaker should come with a cool undead horse.
    Last edited by Armitas; Aug 06 2012 at 08:33 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post

Knock down: you pull a hard turn and release the rope flinging your herald at your opponent at great speed knocking him to the ground for a time.
    /win (more characters)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000033326e/01008/signature.png]doronor[/charsig]

Oathbreaker should come with a cool undead horse.
    That would SO make other players jealous :P I like it!

We all know Turbine would never do this. It would be TOO epic! I'd probably watch it over and over again in slow motion.

side-car?

since they cant make heralds mount, they should just make them "invisible" to mobs and just have them follow you super fast. like ive seen in other games.

i know this would look stupid, but im more for function than lore or style (and style trumps lore, by a lot, for me)

Quote Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post

since they cant make heralds mount, they should just make them "invisible" to mobs and just have them follow you super fast. like ive seen in other games.
    If they do this i'm going to equip the fat monk, friar tuck looking herald.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitas View Post
    If they do this i'm going to equip the fat monk, friar tuck looking herald.
    you know youd use him if they let them ride on the back of your horse.

you and Tuck riding through Rohan with him holding on oh so tight. His fat sweaty palms slipping to grasp your armor. His warm breathe and beard tickling the back of your neck... beautiful mental image!

you and Tuck riding through Rohan with him holding on oh so tight. His fat sweaty palms slipping to grasp your armor. His warm breathe and beard tickling the back of your neck... beautiful mental image!
    Goddammit now I'll have to quit lotro for a month to forget this image

lol too much info

And this is why there are so many swords-woman heralds.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Landroval

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Steam: Almagnus1

Simple yet effective solution, whenever we mount up have the herald remove a pair of coconuts from his pack, and then begin banging them together while following us at mount speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacho View Post
    Simple yet effective solution, whenever we mount up have the herald remove a pair of coconuts from his pack, and then begin banging them together while following us at mount speeds.
    I think a few capns here run with herlads named Patsy

embarassed to say i missed that joke last go-round and had to have it exmplained to me! shameful (as im a huge Terry Gilliam fan!)!

I think a few capns here run with herlads named Patsy

embarassed to say i missed that joke last go-round and had to have it exmplained to me! shameful (as im a huge Terry Gilliam fan!)!
    There's only one proper response to that:

NI!
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Landroval

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Steam: Almagnus1

Quote Originally Posted by Graycient View Post

Thoughts?
    I agree had that same very opinion idea since a while, along with the idea that LM pet should not vanish and keep following as well, I would even like to get a LM pet/mount instead...oxe bull maybe would be neet

Haha Turbine wants to make skirmish soldier summonable in Rohan via mounted. So why the hell can't we have our pet too?