We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Can I buy someone else a VIP subscription

My girlfriend used to have a VIP subscription way back, but it expired. Well now we're doing level 34 quests, and it seems like everything requires lots of turbine points or VIP to do quests around this level. I bought myself 3 months of VIP, but she doesn't have the money, is there anyway I can buy her a 3 month VIP subscription?

Re: Can I buy someone else a VIP subscription

I recommend buying a 60-day card at store.turbine.com - this will generate a game card number that you should be able to upload on her Turbine account.

Fara

There are two easy ways. If you know their account name or some other information you can contact Turbine account management. Make a one time gift payment.

Another excellent way is to buy a Game Time Card like the 360 days for $99.99:
    http://store.turbine.com/store?Actio...SiteID=turbine
    that comes with 60 dollars in Turbine points.

I do not if there are anything other than 60 and 360 day GTCs.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

OK I decided to buy the 60 day time card. Now I have a question.
    Is this a physical card that is getting mailed to my house? or is it the "unlock" number they gave me?

assuming it is the "unlock number", what my girlfriend has to do now is go to https://myaccount.turbine.com/, sign in with her account name and password, and then enter the "unlock" code in the field that says
    "To activate a Product Key on this account, enter it below and click "Submit".
    Our Product Key Activation Wizard will guide you through the process."

Is that all she has to do?

Again, just a little confused here.

Not a physical card per se - it is a virtual one with an activation number. And, yes - you
    Would add it to her account just as you described.

Enjoy,

Fara

Quote Originally Posted by Sveldon View Post
    OK I decided to buy the 60 day time card. Now I have a question.
    Is this a physical card that is getting mailed to my house? or is it the "unlock" number they gave me?

assuming it is the "unlock number", what my girlfriend has to do now is go to https://myaccount.turbine.com/, sign in with her account name and password, and then enter the "unlock" code in the field that says
    "To activate a Product Key on this account, enter it below and click "Submit".
    Our Product Key Activation Wizard will guide you through the process."

Is that all she has to do?

Again, just a little confused here.
    No. The code for a Game Time Card is not the same as the code for a Product Key. After she logs into her Turbine account there should be a link to "Add Game Card" under the subscription area. If there are more than one subscription then each one will have its own link (in which case she has to pick the correct one).
    "Everyone's got one. Better to be a smart one than a dumb one." - me
    "It's people like you that [I]think[/I] you know everything that give those of us that [I]do[/I] a bad name." - me
    "Eat, drink, and be Merry, 'cause Pippin was a fool of a Took."

Good catch, Pentar! +1 rep

Fara

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Another excellent way is to buy a Game Time Card like the 360 days for $99.99:
    http://store.turbine.com/store?Actio...SiteID=turbine
    that comes with 60 dollars in Turbine points.
    I don't see where it says that it comes with 60 dollars in Turbine points... did they stop this added benefit or did I miss it somewhere?

Thanks!
    Elendilmir
    Kinship: [URL="http://e-apex.guildlaunch.com/index.php?gid=256768&sid=3b8e42d88e54213114e395e1cdd477ae"]Apex[/URL]
    Garcimili - 85 GRD /// Arthilios - 85 HTR /// RonSwanson - Defiler

Quote Originally Posted by SCHawks73 View Post
    I don't see where it says that it comes with 60 dollars in Turbine points... did they stop this added benefit or did I miss it somewhere?

Thanks!
    Every 30 days of Game Time comes with 500 Turbine Points - a five dollar value. Each month you get a monthly stipend. If you buy the 360 days of Game Time, the Turbine Points are delivered in 12 - 500 point chunks - one every 30 days which works out to be a 60 dollar value = 12 x $5.00
    Last edited by Yula_the_Mighty; Jul 20 2012 at 03:23 PM.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.