We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: New Music?

New Music?

Will this new expansion include new music? I was extremely disappointed that the last expansion did not include new themes for Rise of Isengard. Please Turbine, commission new music from Chance Thomas.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000001e881/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Re: New Music?

There were plenty of new music themes in Isengard. Dunno how you managed to miss them.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000000704a/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

No there weren't. All of it was reused music from other areas. There was nothing on the order of the themes in Rivendell, The Shire, Lothlorien or Moria.

Galtrev reused music from Bree. The area right outside Galtrev, an enemy logging camp, reused music from Winterhome (of all places). Many places had reused music from the skirmishes.

They definitely skipped the music in the budget in ROI. I hope it doesn't happen in next expansion.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c21400000001e881/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Galtrev and Tur-Morva had re-used sound, fine. But Trum Dreng had a new theme, Carreglyn had a new theme, Grawenwood had a new there, Nan Curunir had a new theme, Fangorn's Edge instance has a new there and so forth. In general, RoI has been a steady mix of new and old themes and saying there were no new ones is very much incorrect.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1321300000000704a/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I heard new music, too.
    And there will be new music in Rohan.

Listen carefully.

Still it'll be great if they hire Chance Thomas or some other composer again. Rohan needs more than just synthesized music pieces.
    "Aurë Entuluva!"

Yes, new music would be fabulous!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000650fe/01006/signature.png]Itarille[/charsig]

I vote for Ramin Djawadi, probably best known for his work on Game of Thrones, which has an amazing score in my opinion. I'd like to see what he can bring to the table. I've personally never felt overly compelled by the music of this game. The main theme has a really generic feel to it for me. But I agree either way, I'd like some new music for Rohan that definitely feels Rohirric. I thought it was a bit lazy of Turbine to reuse music, especially the Bree-theme in Galtrev which, honestly doesn't fit in there at all.

I second the motion! New music all around!
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Cyan]"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."[/COLOR]
    ~ JRR Tolkien[/FONT][/SIZE]

I liked the new Tal Mathedras music, but yeah, they other new pieces were few.

Quote Originally Posted by Hecki View Post
    And there will be new music in Rohan.

Listen carefully.
    How do you know?
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

Quote Originally Posted by Lilka View Post
    I liked the new Tal Mathedras music, but yeah, they other new pieces were few.

How do you know?
    he is in beta, or palantir

I hope they can get Jeremy Soule. His work on The Elder Scrolls series is awesome. I think I'm in love with him. <3

Quote Originally Posted by WinterStar View Post
    he is in beta, or palantir
    I doubt it. No one in beta and Palantir would be dumb enough to come to the forums and start posting 'I know', given the strict NDA.

In short, he doesn't know; my point being people shouldn't state their opinions as fact.

(A bit like I just did above )
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

AW: New Music?

New Music was in:
    - Moria
    - Lothlorien
    - Mirkwood
    - Enedwaith
    - Isengart

In all new regions...
    I should have thought it was obvious.

For what it's worth, I didn't notice any new tracks. If there were any in the questing areas, I've long forgotten about them. If anywhere, there should have been new tracks in Galtrev, not in the questing areas, considering that's where everybody is spending their time. It makes no sense to have new tracks in areas where people only spend, at most, a few days to a week, and then reuse tracks from Bree and Aughaire for the area people spend the majority of their time.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000024434a/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I agree. Mirkwood had memorable music in each zone, but from Dunland all I can remember is the Tal Mathedras music. I think another couple of new ones cropped up - one I thought was new was taken from skirmishes - but were pretty forgettable. It's not like Evendim, or the Shire, where the music is distinct and evokes emotions from the quests we did there.