We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Searching a Map mod

Dear all,

i am searching a map mod which allows me to resize / window the ingame map.

Any mods known? Tried out lotromaps from here

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/cat62.html

but cant get it to work.

Anyone a hind?

Thanks alot!

Re: Searching a Map mod

The only in-game map plugin is MoorMap (LoTROMaps was an alpha, proof-of-concept for one map, Lothlorien) but it has a number of limitations. Lua does not expose player location information so there is no player or other party markers. MoorMap is also missing the default data for Moria and Mirkwood and does not yet have the maps for RoI (although these will be available soon). MoorMap DOES allow you to add your own annotations and works with Compendium for those looking to find NPCs or quest items.

If all you want to do is resize the in-game map, you can probably do so with a skin rather than a plugin. There was a post rather recently on LoTROInterface.com about the map skin tags. Unfortunately I don't recall exactly which post, but you should be able to find it on their forums fairly quickly - if not, post the request there, looking for a skin that resizes the in-game map.

Re: Searching a Map mod

Well as you said i tried the forums there, but cant find anything about that. Searching Map / skins gives not a real good result. read some post and changed trying out different ui skins, it could have happened to find one with a rezisable / windowed map, but nothing until yet

So i started with the skin developer tool which is also provided there, unstalled all 3 software packages and openend the tool, which gives me only error messages

I could send a gift (i.e. blueray -> amazon wishlist) for someone making me a resizable map.
    Last edited by Charlie76; Oct 05 2011 at 09:53 AM. Reason: mistyping