We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Coming soon - Fashion show and contest :)

Given the popularity of the 'show us your favourite cosmetic outfit' thread on the gendiscussion forum, I'm guessing there's more than a few of us who like to (attempt to) look good in game. So - Second Breakfast will be hosting and organising a fashion show and contest over the weekend of Sat/Sun 10/11th of September. The final date and time (which will be Euro AND US-friendly) is yet to be decided upon, but I wanted to give you all plenty of time to start thinking about outfits etc. It will involve catwalk ...erm... walking - so you'll need to be physically (virtually?) present to take part. Open to everyone from lvl 6 - 65

There are likely to be 3 main categories for entries - casual, formal and adventuring - and everyone will be welcome to enter as many or as few categories as they wish. There may well be additional categories for prizes (which will be small and humble, since I am but an impecunious hobbit), but those are likely to be the main ones. The one thing to be aware of is that each outfit needs to be meticulously documented - where did you get each piece, what colour did you dye it, is it heavy/med/light armour etc., so make notes when putting your outfits together.

Watch this space for more info about how to enter. Sponsors welcome (want to promote your kin? Sponsor a prize category today! lol). Please fee free to mail me in game if you have any questions (Daisygold, Liligold, Buttergold, Oakengold are me).

Judging will be entirely subjective, but the judging panel will be drawn from LOTRO fashionistas from several servers plus maybe a random dwarf or 2... gotta have a bit of balance! The event will follow the usual Second Breakfast routine - turn up, dance a bit, drink loads, and eat pie, lie back and enjoy the fireworks

Hope to see you there, once we work out exactly when!

Re: Coming soon - Fashion show and contest :)

Has the date been confirmed yet?

I'm happy to announce thbat I've finally got this organised!

Here's the final details for entering:

The Categories:

1. Formal, suitable for parties and visiting royalty
    2. Casual, for relaxing at home, crafting, having picnics etc.
    3. Adventuring, your best looking fighting outfit
    4. Freestyle, anything which doesn't fit into one of the other categories

There will be prizes for the winner of each category, plus additional prizes at the discretion of the judges. Prizes will be a combination of items - Hope Tokens, Food, Dyes, Cash and some rather special items (can't be specific as I'm still working on crafting/gathering/earning them).

I've set up a dedicated email address (fashion@darkginger.com) for entries, or you can send me in game mail (to Daisygold, please) if you have enough space to detail everything - which should follow the format below:

Character name:
    Class:
    Level:
    Category entered:
    Items worn: (please include source, eg quest reward (mention which quest), LotRo Store, skirmish reward, crafted item etc. plus any dyes used)

People are welcome to enter as many, or as few, categories as they wish, but should list each entry separately on their entry email (or in separate in game mails due to space restrictions).

ENTRIES MUST BE IN BY 12 MIDNIGHT EST (server time) SEPTEMBER 23rd. That's 5 am UK on the 24th, 6 am on the 24th for the EU etc) There will be NO entries accepted on the day.

The contest starts at 14:00 EST on the 24th, but contestants should arrive at the Second Breakfast kinhouse (4, Brookbank Road, Greyheight) one hour prior.

Any questions - feel free to ask 'em here, or in PM, email or in game mail!

4. Re: Coming soon - Fashion show and contest :)

What an wonderful idea - wish I was on your server.

Might I suggest an additional category? You have best of show, how about worst of show? That can inspire some giggles.

I'm looking forward to attending this event. Thank you for inviting me

I put together a slideshow featuring pictures of all of our contestants. Click on "show info" on the top bar to see the details of each outfit.

Thanks again to Daisy for putting together a wonderful event, and to Devonna and Hymne for visiting Crickhollow to serve as our celebrity judges. Be sure to visit Lotro Stylist and Cosmetic Lotro to see why Daisy simply had to bring these two over to decide the contest.
    Rosalie from Crickhollow's Second Breakfast
    Community events reporter at http://lotroplayers.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Visit http://secondbreakfast.guildlaunch.com & http://crickhollowmusic.guildlaunch.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Second Breakfast's weekly events--Fridays 9pm: Bread & Jam at the Prancing Pony
    Saturdays 1pm: Breakfast Club plays at Bree-town's South Gate
    Saturdays 4:30pm: Dulcet Tones play at the fountain in front of the Pony
    Sundays at 11am and Mondays at 11pm: Elevenses at the Bird & Baby
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Find out about the kinships of Crickhollow at crickhollowkins.tumblr.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~