We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    953

    Skirmish LT meta deed/mount

    Nope





    Disclaimer: Because I did this content and these deeds 'early', I hereby relinquish any right to present and future rewards. In fact, I ought to be punished for doing this content. Any future titles, silvers, virtues, and/or turbine points should not be given to me. I do not deserve any reward for this because I did it early. Thank you Turbine for not giving completionists/deedaholic their turbine points. What a bunch of idiots we are. Punish us more....
    Landroval!
    Fellrotten - Rank 12 Battlemaster LM - Zero Stars. Survivor of the Barrow-Downs. Ivar's Champion. Embarassing Completionist
    Soccercake - 93 Dude Minstrel
    Mulieribus - 93 Dorf Champion
    Rahey - 93 Hobbit-Hunter
    Anniemal - 92 Elf RK
    Pueblo - 77 Cappy!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: Skirmish LT meta deed/mount

    I certainly don't remember reading anywhere that they were adding a meta deed reward for skirmishes. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

    Or is this your quasi passive-aggressive attempt at a hint? If so there are far more productive ways to go about it.
    \\ Rawlor \\ Unpossible \\ Durglar \\
    ...::: Casual Raiders - Brandywine :::...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    953

    Re: Skirmish LT meta deed/mount

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawlor View Post
    I certainly don't remember reading anywhere that they were adding a meta deed reward for skirmishes. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    I certainly don't either. But just as they don't disclose how many tiers there are in the Barrow Downs Survival slayer deeds, I did not know if there was also some undisclosed meta for skirmish LTs. Just being informative....with a little bitter sarcasm
    Landroval!
    Fellrotten - Rank 12 Battlemaster LM - Zero Stars. Survivor of the Barrow-Downs. Ivar's Champion. Embarassing Completionist
    Soccercake - 93 Dude Minstrel
    Mulieribus - 93 Dorf Champion
    Rahey - 93 Hobbit-Hunter
    Anniemal - 92 Elf RK
    Pueblo - 77 Cappy!

  4. #4

    Re: Skirmish LT meta deed/mount

    Did you do brood-queen slayer? I only ask because I have never seen one in a level 65 skirmish. I do get them quite frequently in T&M level 57 though (duo).
    Shazbaat-Lv 105 Champion | Minihelen-Lv 105 Minstrel | Helenrk-Level 105 RK | Lilhelen-Level 105 Guardian | Cle-Level 105 Captain

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    953

    Re: Skirmish LT meta deed/mount

    Quote Originally Posted by shazbaat View Post
    Did you do brood-queen slayer? I only ask because I have never seen one in a level 65 skirmish. I do get them quite frequently in T&M level 57 though (duo).
    That is exactly how I farmed Brood-Queens.

    Here is the order in which I finished the fellowship/raid LTs, with 1 being the first and 14th being the final.

    1. Courage/Will-Breaker
    2. Fell-Bane Archer
    3. Chaos Fiend
    4. Primordial Wrath
    5. Silent Slayer
    6. Emissary of War
    7. Spawn of Angband
    8. Daunting Spirit-Sapper
    9. Thunderstorm Smasher
    10. Rage of Morgoth
    11. Dreadwing Marauder
    12. Crazed Hate-Monger
    13. Enraged Snapper
    14. Leadfoot Brute
    Landroval!
    Fellrotten - Rank 12 Battlemaster LM - Zero Stars. Survivor of the Barrow-Downs. Ivar's Champion. Embarassing Completionist
    Soccercake - 93 Dude Minstrel
    Mulieribus - 93 Dorf Champion
    Rahey - 93 Hobbit-Hunter
    Anniemal - 92 Elf RK
    Pueblo - 77 Cappy!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    904

    Re: Skirmish LT meta deed/mount

    Quote Originally Posted by soccercake7 View Post
    What a bunch of idiots we are. Punish us more....
    We? It seems like you are the only person to do them all...
    [color=#9A32CD]Third Marshal Adrina the Battlemaster Rank 12 Rune-keeper[/color]
    [color=#1E90FF]Emedyl R7 Captain, Ritah R7 Burg, Harwyn R7 LM, Camacho R6 Captain[/color]
    [color=#FF3030]Deeman R5 Guard, Kemli R5 Champ, Bigcheese R5 Mini
    Morderon R4 Champ, Cronks R4 Warden, Deaman R4 Hunter[/color]
    [color=#FF7F24]Murauz R7 BA, Dreykahn, R7 Reaver, Morzug R7 Warg, Renamedske R5 Spider[/color]

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    10

    Re: Skirmish LT meta deed/mount

    Quote Originally Posted by IMAWIN View Post
    We? It seems like you are the only person to do them all...
    The last noun I used was completionists/deedaholics. I believe any of the following 'us' or 'we' refers to completionists/deedaholics who do all deeds in the game.....


    We, being completionists/deedaholic, were not given retroactive points. For some reason, we were punished in this way. Therefore, since I did these deeds 'early', I expect even worse....
    Last edited by soccercake; Dec 05 2010 at 12:19 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: Skirmish LT meta deed/mount

    is there any "easier" way of doing the LT deeds?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    956

    Re: Skirmish LT meta deed/mount

    Any chance of listing the best way to farm them by what instances, level etc?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    904

    Re: Skirmish LT meta deed/mount

    Quote Originally Posted by soccercake View Post
    The last noun I used was completionists/deedaholics. I believe any of the following 'us' or 'we' refers to completionists/deedaholics who do all deeds in the game.....


    We, being completionists/deedaholic, were not given retroactive points. For some reason, we were punished in this way. Therefore, since I did these deeds 'early', I expect even worse....
    Ok, I'm still not sure what you're complaining about here. I think it was obvious that the only rewards from these deeds was Skirmish Marks. There are no TP rewards for even completing these now. And a mount? Did you really think you would get one?
    [color=#9A32CD]Third Marshal Adrina the Battlemaster Rank 12 Rune-keeper[/color]
    [color=#1E90FF]Emedyl R7 Captain, Ritah R7 Burg, Harwyn R7 LM, Camacho R6 Captain[/color]
    [color=#FF3030]Deeman R5 Guard, Kemli R5 Champ, Bigcheese R5 Mini
    Morderon R4 Champ, Cronks R4 Warden, Deaman R4 Hunter[/color]
    [color=#FF7F24]Murauz R7 BA, Dreykahn, R7 Reaver, Morzug R7 Warg, Renamedske R5 Spider[/color]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    10

    Re: Skirmish LT meta deed/mount

    Quote Originally Posted by IMAWIN View Post
    Ok, I'm still not sure what you're complaining about here. I think it was obvious that the only rewards from these deeds was Skirmish Marks. There are no TP rewards for even completing these now. And a mount? Did you really think you would get one?
    I'm not complaining. It is very obvious that the only reward is 50 marks for killing 5 and 500 for the advanced part of 500...

    I never thought there was a mount either. I didn't know weather or not there was a meta-deed.

    Did you know there was a meta-deed for doing all the deeds (sans gwibber and giant) in Enedwaith? No, no one did until people did it and reported it. I'm only reporting here.

    There is no meta-deed nor mount for doing all the skirmish LT deeds. That is all. I'm reporting, because, to my knowledge, no one has done this yet.

    whew!

    An 'easier' way to doing skirmish LT deeds? Just skirmish. The skirmish marks you get by DOING skirmishes far outweighs the 500 reward.

    A guide to 'farming' the LTs? There are plenty of guides for where each solo/duo LT spawns and at what level. E.G. It is KNOWN that the Flesh-Gorger will ONLY spawn in Ford of Bruinen, Gondamon, and the Rift skirmishes.

    Such information is not available for the fellowship/raid LTs. However, Pineleaf over at http://www.casualstrolltomordor.com has made excellent guides. He takes note of where/when/how each LT spawns. Until he figures it out, or someone else does, we won't know if there is some fellowship/raid LT that only shows in certain skirmishes.

    I can confirm only one thing: Fellowship/Raid LTs spawn at lvl 65. All of them. (unlike Brood-Queen).

    I can also confirm that Trouble in Tuckborough spawns an abnormal number of Priestesses of Flame and spawns virtually no uncommon* fellowship/raid LTs.

    *Uncommon meaning uncommon to me. See above post where I illustrate with numbers which LTs were uncommon for me personally.

    Ringwraith's Lair and Trouble in Tuckborough are offense skirmishes where you can see 3 LTs without fighting a single mob. These are good places to start for 'searching' or 'exploring' LT spawns.

    I hope this answers questions...
    Don't be a Hassle-Hater
    The Skirmish Lieutenants are dead
    37% of LM cosmetic pets are store-only

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    904

    Re: Skirmish LT meta deed/mount

    Quote Originally Posted by soccercake View Post
    I'm not complaining. It is very obvious that the only reward is 50 marks for killing 5 and 500 for the advanced part of 500...

    I never thought there was a mount either. I didn't know weather or not there was a meta-deed.

    Did you know there was a meta-deed for doing all the deeds (sans gwibber and giant) in Enedwaith? No, no one did until people did it and reported it. I'm only reporting here.

    There is no meta-deed nor mount for doing all the skirmish LT deeds. That is all. I'm reporting, because, to my knowledge, no one has done this yet.

    whew!

    An 'easier' way to doing skirmish LT deeds? Just skirmish. The skirmish marks you get by DOING skirmishes far outweighs the 500 reward.

    A guide to 'farming' the LTs? There are plenty of guides for where each solo/duo LT spawns and at what level. E.G. It is KNOWN that the Flesh-Gorger will ONLY spawn in Ford of Bruinen, Gondamon, and the Rift skirmishes.

    Such information is not available for the fellowship/raid LTs. However, Pineleaf over at http://www.casualstrolltomordor.com has made excellent guides. He takes note of where/when/how each LT spawns. Until he figures it out, or someone else does, we won't know if there is some fellowship/raid LT that only shows in certain skirmishes.

    I can confirm only one thing: Fellowship/Raid LTs spawn at lvl 65. All of them. (unlike Brood-Queen).

    I can also confirm that Trouble in Tuckborough spawns an abnormal number of Priestesses of Flame and spawns virtually no uncommon* fellowship/raid LTs.

    *Uncommon meaning uncommon to me. See above post where I illustrate with numbers which LTs were uncommon for me personally.

    Ringwraith's Lair and Trouble in Tuckborough are offense skirmishes where you can see 3 LTs without fighting a single mob. These are good places to start for 'searching' or 'exploring' LT spawns.

    I hope this answers questions...
    Um, actually there are hints that give away meta deeds. For instance, in Enedwaith, when you complete one of the deeds counting towards the meta deed, you get a little message that flashes on your screen and is posted in your chat log. "You have done your part to protect the land of Enedwaith" or something very similar to that. It appears after every deed. The same is the case for all/most meta deed that come from zone deeds (I'm not sure about the Moria deed).

    Edit for SS:
    Last edited by IMAWIN; Dec 09 2010 at 06:39 PM.
    [color=#9A32CD]Third Marshal Adrina the Battlemaster Rank 12 Rune-keeper[/color]
    [color=#1E90FF]Emedyl R7 Captain, Ritah R7 Burg, Harwyn R7 LM, Camacho R6 Captain[/color]
    [color=#FF3030]Deeman R5 Guard, Kemli R5 Champ, Bigcheese R5 Mini
    Morderon R4 Champ, Cronks R4 Warden, Deaman R4 Hunter[/color]
    [color=#FF7F24]Murauz R7 BA, Dreykahn, R7 Reaver, Morzug R7 Warg, Renamedske R5 Spider[/color]

  13. #13

    Re: Skirmish LT meta deed/mount

    lol it's kind of funny to see folks react so strongly to the OP's posts. I believe what you are seeing in his post is the following.

    1. a simple confirmation that there is indeed nothing new after finishing all LT skirmish deeds. No harm and that.

    2. a little tongue and cheek sarcasm regarding the issue of no retroactive Turbine Points for completed deeds previous to F2P. I am not sure why Turbine did that but for some of those of us with fewer than 5 deeds total pre enedwaith and not including Moors/skirmishes when F2P went live felt a little bit ripped off -- myself included. Yes I get turbine points on my alts but there should have been some kind of compensation -- even if it wasn't an exact point total comparable to what you could have earned -- for previously completed deeds.

    That is all -- knowing the OP from game play for a while now, he's not bitter or misinformed about whatever possibilities of a mount were awaiting him at the end of his LT skirmish deeds.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000003f5b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload