We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 98 of 127 FirstFirst ... 48 88 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 108 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 3173
    Was it Morgoth stealing the Silmarils?

or the War of the Jewels?
    Chrisandir, man Captain 100 | Raxus dwarf Guardian 51 | Chrorin dwarf Hunter 30 | Strillo hobbit Burglar 3 | Butche man Champion 29 |
    | Falaminianteraglith dwarf Runekeeper 20 | Randu man Lore-master 17 | Nafthali woman Warden 12 |

The Ents attacking Isengard?
    [b][color=darkred][i]You cannot pass, I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. Go back to the Shadow! You cannot pass.[/i][/color][/b]

After the War of Wrath, when the land was broken and sank into the ocean.

After Ar-Pharazôn, landed in the Undying lands and was covered in a landslide, entombed in the Pelori mountains. Then, after that Numinor sank into the sea.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq358/drschplatt/sig-lotro95.jpg[/IMG]
    [URL="http://www.osf.guildlaunch.com"]The Order of The Silver Flame[/URL] - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!
    [/CENTER]

Rock & Roll

Yignificent_Nimogist and kobe9876 are closest so far.

I say, this one is less poetic than bambu3's

Putting two and two together. Was it an Ent throwing the rock at Isengard, the rock rolling and squishing many orcs?

Rock rolling on the orcs in the Hobbit + Ents attacking Isengard = my guess
    Riddermark Freeps and Creeps: Morgunith, LM/Hadellost, Burglar/Nukzat, Reaver Rank 6
    Meneldor Freeps and Creeps: Cambanod, Cpt

Not the answer.

If one's strict about it the "and" thing could be left out of the clue, but that would completely ruin my play on words

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMuerto View Post
    Not the answer.

If one's strict about it the "and" thing could be left out of the clue, but that would completely ruin my play on words

Am I getting closer?

But a real answer:

Hunthor, killed by falling rocks while attempting to help Tùrin kill Glaurung. Not him exactly but the story.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq358/drschplatt/sig-lotro95.jpg[/IMG]
    [URL="http://www.osf.guildlaunch.com"]The Order of The Silver Flame[/URL] - A fun, mature, helpful and friendly kin. Come join us on Silverlode!
    [/CENTER]

The Palantir of Orthanc
    Chrisandir, man Captain 100 | Raxus dwarf Guardian 51 | Chrorin dwarf Hunter 30 | Strillo hobbit Burglar 3 | Butche man Champion 29 |
    | Falaminianteraglith dwarf Runekeeper 20 | Randu man Lore-master 17 | Nafthali woman Warden 12 |

Think like this maybe: The Rock is kinda' metaphorical....and the Roll is also kinda' metaphorical

Rock & Roll

Yignificent_Nimogist and kobe9876 are closest so far.

I say, this one is less poetic than bambu3's
    So it ain't Gandalf, the original Rolling Stone?

'But if you would know, I am turning aside soon. I am going to have a long talk with Bombadil: such a talk as I have not had in all my time. He is a moss-gatherer, and I have been a stone doomed to rolling. But my rolling days are ending, and now we shall have much to say to one another.'
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Quote Originally Posted by bambubambubambu View Post
    So it ain't Gandalf, the original Rolling Stone?

'But if you would know, I am turning aside soon. I am going to have a long talk with Bombadil: such a talk as I have not had in all my time. He is a moss-gatherer, and I have been a stone doomed to rolling. But my rolling days are ending, and now we shall have much to say to one another.'
    Well played bambu.
    If that's not it, it should be.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Oh yes.The Gandy and Tommy duet. IiiI

I'm gonna go for the Arkenstone tumbling into a sea of gold, or the led zeppelin song "misty mountain".

I don't think this is the intended response given the supplemental hints from EddieMuerto, but a very literal answer would be the rocks that rolled down the slope and narrowly missed Thorin & Co. after they had escaped from Goblin Town, shortly before the 15 Birds in 5 Fir Trees incident.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000003106c/signature.png]Celedriel[/charsig]

It may be that I misunderstand, but I think EddieMuerto gave the nod to bambu3 with his answer of 'Gandalf'
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    It may be that I misunderstand, but I think EddieMuerto gave the nod to bambu3 with his answer of 'Gandalf'
    Sorry if I've been unclear. Bambu3 got the right answer. Gandalf going to see Tom Bombadil

Sorry if I've been unclear. Bambu3 got the right answer. Gandalf going to see Tom Bombadil
    Wha? I really got it? I was just jokin around! Lol!

Okay I'll put somehin up in a lil bit!

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

Well I was gonna take some time and think of something terribly clever, but here have this one instead ...

marine messenger mission

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Whoops. I read that post too quickly and didn't realize it was a response from the holder of the Riddle Stick.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000003106c/signature.png]Celedriel[/charsig]

Well I was gonna take some time and think of something terribly clever, but here have this one instead ...

marine messenger mission
    Earendil's envoy endeavor?

Quote Originally Posted by Vilnas View Post
    Earendil's envoy endeavor?
    Astoundingly astute alliteration....

Doh! Just the kinda day I'm having. Just realized this is the two word thread!

Shorten it to:

marine messenger

And nope not Earendil

Doh! Just the kinda day I'm having. Just realized this is the two word thread!

Shorten it to:

marine messenger

And nope not Earendil
    Ulmo?

He sent several messages to the exiled elves of Middle Earth.

if not Ulmo, perhaps it is Tuor?

Quote Originally Posted by Mulkfather View Post
    if not Ulmo, perhaps it is Tuor?
    Indeed! Tuor was the answer I was looking for. The turn is yours Mulk. Good to see ya posting again.

Page 98 of 127 FirstFirst ... 48 88 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 108 ... LastLast