We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: This is a must read for new players!

Yeah this site is awesome!

Thanks, will check this out.

Exclamation Re: This is a must read for new players!

Can somebody please help me!? I'm on the site, but I don't know how to create a character and join in! PLEASE HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LloydIrving19 View Post
    Can somebody please help me!? I'm on the site, but I don't know how to create a character and join in! PLEASE HELP!!!
    Have you downloaded the game client yet?

ETA: This page (http://support.turbine.com/ics/suppo...uestionID=2797) should help you get started.
    Last edited by Annariel; Dec 10 2011 at 05:04 PM.

My Gear Doesn't Show on Game Screen

My boots and cape show on my character screen, but not on the game screen. So I go into the cosmetics tab and hit the little eyes by my boots and cape and they are open.

But I go back to the game screen and they won't show. I look silly fighting mobs with no boots on! And yes, the boots and cape are my level.

Re: My Gear Doesn't Show on Game Screen

Quote Originally Posted by Happyoldguy View Post
    My boots and cape show on my character screen, but not on the game screen. So I go into the cosmetics tab and hit the little eyes by my boots and cape and they are open.

But I go back to the game screen and they won't show. I look silly fighting mobs with no boots on! And yes, the boots and cape are my level.
    On the right-hand side of the cosmetics screen check to make sure which outfit is being shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Abiyah View Post
    On the right-hand side of the cosmetics screen check to make sure which outfit is being shown.
    I'm level sixteen and only have one outfit, lol. But I'll go look,

I'm level sixteen and only have one outfit, lol. But I'll go look,
    It worked! My feet and I thank you!

While I'm here, I need to know how to toggle between the game screen and my desktop. Last question of the day, I promise, lol!

It worked! My feet and I thank you!

While I'm here, I need to know how to toggle between the game screen and my desktop. Last question of the day, I promise, lol!
    There may be an instruction for that in the UI panel, maybe either in graphics/adv graphics, or even keymapping; I don't know for sure, so can't give a definitive answer. What I've done is put the game into a windowed screen. All I have to do is just click the dash icon up in the corner. Makes it easier, too, if the game freezes and the "Exit Now" option can't be made to come up-- instead of having to power down the comp, just close the screen, exiting the game.

I need to know how to toggle between the game screen and my desktop
    Huh? What's wrong with ALT-TAB, if I may ask? I use that all the time...

It seems to be somewhat broken, but so is the entire LOTRO gfx engine ... noticed how it drops windows back to "basic color scheme"? I'm guessing the same bug also causes the ALT-TAB window to not really display the icons properly, but you can still use it to switch to "something" else, which usually will be an app on your desktop.

Other: Zyhar

Current objective: Continue towards Moria.

Quote Originally Posted by Kargor View Post
    Huh? What's wrong with ALT-TAB, if I may ask? I use that all the time...

It seems to be somewhat broken, but so is the entire LOTRO gfx engine ... noticed how it drops windows back to "basic color scheme"? I'm guessing the same bug also causes the ALT-TAB window to not really display the icons properly, but you can still use it to switch to "something" else, which usually will be an app on your desktop.
    Alt-Tab works fine, thank you.

Just spotted this thread.. With regards to the link in the OP, Eldar doesn't use /glff, instead we use /globallff.
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][B]Galuhad | Narvelan[/B]
    Lore Breakers of Eldar[/SIZE]

[URL="http://www.lotrointerface.com/list.php?skinnerid=3762"]Plugins[/URL] | [URL="https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?538975-Accounts-for-New-Players"]New Player Guide[/URL] | [URL="http://www.twitch.tv/galuhad"]Twitch[/URL]
    [/CENTER]

I can't figure out the Auction House. When I run a search it often says it can't comply because there's another search running. Does this mean I have to wait my turn? I don't understand. When I do get it to run a search and find a piece of armor, I can't figure out how to see the stats on the armor.

Today I searched for "Copper Ingot" it refused to search for so long that I went out and mined them. I'm lost in that place.

So much knowledge... O_o

Thumbs up Site

Very nice, answered most of mt questions.

unfortunately, its a little bit outdated. But you can hold to it till you are 65 and by then you should have figured out how the game works.

Yes a bit outdated but still has lots of great information.

I can't figure out the Auction House. When I run a search it often says it can't comply because there's another search running. Does this mean I have to wait my turn? I don't understand. When I do get it to run a search and find a piece of armor, I can't figure out how to see the stats on the armor.

Today I searched for "Copper Ingot" it refused to search for so long that I went out and mined them. I'm lost in that place.
    First - bad place for new questions. Better to start a (relevantly named) new thread in the general section, below this one.

But you pro'ly had one of the subsections hi-lighted, and it was searching within that section. If you leave "Crafting/recipes/scholar Tier 1" highlighted... well, no "copper ingots" to be found there, are there? So click that one more time (the subsection can be open, just not high-lighted!) and try again. (Also, try "copper" and "ingot" if "copper ingot" fails.)

This is a grant website and everything is well written but that page about the servers is seriously outdated and unfair to many realms as it does not inlcude the Codemasters servers (which Turbine took them over last year i think it was)

If this thread, has to continue stickied, then imo that page must be updated

Thank You.

Talking Helpful

I just started playing and this was SO helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaHawk View Post
    All credit goes to Tawariel and anyone that contributed to this resource. It is MAGNIFICENT. I am absolutely compelled to endorse it:

http://lotro.mmorsel.com/2010/02/choosing-server.html

Simply unbelievable quality. I am a 2 year LOTRO vet and can't get enough of it. I am showing all of my friends.
    Thank you for this! I am new and needed this info haha

Wow, that's quite a guide. I've played LoTRO every now and then, so I haven't gotten really used to it, but I'll find answers to my questions there for sure.
    The quality is amazing. Grreat

Thumbs up

I wish I saw this when I started playing...very good! Definitely needs to be read by new comers.
    Last edited by Rtrueheart; Aug 07 2013 at 01:56 PM.

Well, this web doesn't exist any more... But I'd like to read it, has anyone saved it?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast