LOTRO Legendary Movie Sweepstakes 2014 Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCRESASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHEREVER PROHIBITED BY LAW.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT, IN GOOD STANDING, IS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY.
These terms and conditions constitute the agreement between each entrant and Turbine Inc., located at 117 Kendrick Street, Needham, Massachusetts, 02494, USA and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Inc., located at 4000 Warner Blvd., Burbank, California 91522 (collectively, the “Sponsor”) in relation to the LOTRO Legendary Movie Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”). By entering (or otherwise or participating) in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to these Official Rules, which create a contract so read them carefully before entering. Without limitation, such contract includes grants of rights and indemnities to Sponsor from you, a class action waiver, and a limitation of your rights and remedies.
This Sweepstakes is open to entrants who are at least 13 years of age in their state or providence/territory of residence in Canada (excluding Quebec) and who are registered users in good standing of Facebook.com (“Facebook”) and follow the instructions set forth below to enter via the Lord of the Rings Online Facebook page (each an “Entrant”). This Sweepstakes starts at 12:01 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 10, 2014 and ends at 11:59 pm ET on March 14, 2014 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions, Quebec, and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of Time Warner, Inc., Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., Turbine Inc., Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Inc., and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and advertising and promotional agencies and their respective officers, directors and agents (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win.
- Next, you must allow the Facebook application, Offerpop, to access your Facebook profile and follow the on-screen instructions to watch the video for entry including completing the online entry form and correctly answering the multiple choice question (each an “Entry” or collectively “Entries”). One (1) Entry per person per household is allowed during the Sweepstakes Period. If more than one (1) Entry per person or household is received during the Sweepstakes Period, all additional Entries will be voided by Sponsor. Alternatively, Entries may be made by mail instead of creating an account to become a registered user of Facebook and answering the multiple choice question as directed below.
ALTERNATE METHOD OF ENTRY. To enter the Sweepstakes without becoming a registered user of Facebook, allowing the Offerpop app, and answering the multiple choice question, please send a 3” x 5” card with your full name, email address, and birth date and mail with postage affixed, to The LOTRO Legendary Movie Sweepstakesc/o Turbine Inc., 117 Kendrick Street, Suite #300, Needham, Massachusetts 02494. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by December 12, 2014 and received by December 18, 2014 in order to be eligible.
By entering, Entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements. Illegible and/or incomplete Entries and Entries submitted by Entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected Entries, for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, for lost or unavailable network connections, or for failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of the Entries. Proof of entering information at Facebook does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the scheduling of the Sweepstakes without prior notification. Use of computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic, automatic and other similar means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and may result in the disqualification of the Entrant. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the Facebook account is registered on the date the Entry is submitted. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Odds of Winning
- Odds of being selected as eligible to win will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received. EACH ENTRY WILL HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING.
Prize and Random Draw
- One (1) grand prize winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) will receive the following: One (1) The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Extended Edition BLU-RAY or DVD, One (1) The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug BLU-RAY and 1000 Turbine Points. One (1) second prize winner will receive the following: One (1) The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey BLU-RAY or DVD and 1000 Turbine points. One (1) third place winner will receive the following: One (1) The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug BLU-RAY and 500 Turbine points. One (1) fourth place winner will receive the following: 500 Turbine points. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $75 (U.S. Dollars) or $84.78 (Canadian Dollars). CANADIAN ENTRANTS ONLY: Total ARV for all Prizes is subject to current daily exchange rates. TAXES AND COSTS RELATED TO THE PRIZE (U.S. ENTRANTS ONLY): All applicable taxes, including all federal, state, local and other taxes and any license, destination and delivery charges are the sole responsibility of each winner. The winner may be issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of their Prize. Any additional expenses not included in the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- The potential winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected at random by Sponsor and is subject to verification of eligibility. The random draw to determine the potential winner will take place on December 18, 2014 (the “Draw”). Sponsor will notify the potential winner within three (3) business days after the random draw to make all necessary arrangements relating to the Prize. If any potential winner fails to respond to notification within ten (10) business days (the “Deadline”), the potential winner forfeits their right to the relevant Prize. If the potential winner forfeits their right to the Prize, or is otherwise disqualified (as will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), Sponsor may at its sole discretion select an alternative potential winner from the pool of Entrants, and such alternative winner will be considered a winner only upon verification of eligibility (“Winner”) for the purposes of these terms and conditions, subject to satisfying all other requirements under these Official Rules. (FOR U.S. ENTRANTS ONLY) The potential winner may be required to complete, sign, and return to Sponsor by the Deadline, a W-9 form and Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (or their Parent if potential winner is a Minor) in order to be named a Winner and receive the Prize. FOR CANADIAN ENTRANTS ONLY: Before being declared a Winner, selected potential winners must correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, in order to be declared a Winner. The skill-testing question will be administered at a mutually convenient time by telephone. If selected Entrant incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, he/she will be disqualified and forfeits his/her right to the Prize.
- The Prize is as stated and non-transferable. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute cash value or another prize it believes is of equal or greater value. All Prizes are non-transferable and will be awarded. To claim a Prize, an Entrant may be required to provide their correct full-name, mailing address, telephone number and/or e-mail address. Each Entry will have an equal chance of winning. There is a limit of one Prize per person. All Prizes are awarded “AS IS” and without WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Acceptance, participation in and/or use of the Prizes are at Winners’ sole risk and Sponsor is not responsible for any damages whatsoever, including special, indirect, or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of any such prize. Sponsor reserves the right to not award all prizes if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries.
- Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify from the Sweepstakes, at its discretion, anyone who breaches these terms of conditions or otherwise cheats, attempts to cheat or behaves in an inappropriate or offensive manner.
- Sponsor cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any for any act or default by a third party.
- Each Entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in Los Angeles County, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys fees and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and the Sponsor in connection with this Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of California.
- By accepting the Prize, unless prohibited by law, Winner consents that Sponsor may use the Winner’s name, statements, photograph, likeness (including without limitation, his/her voice, biographical information, city and state of residence), the Winner’s hometown and biographical information, statements concerning the Sweepstakes, or Sponsors’ products without further compensation or notice for purpose of Sponsor’s advertising, promotion, and merchandising purposes without additional compensation or prior approval, and grant all rights to edit or modify and to publish and copyright it.
- If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds who tampers with the entry process, operation of the Sweepstakes or Facebook’s Web site (“Website”), and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Sweepstakes without notice and to select the winner from all eligible Entries in a random drawing received prior to the cancellation or termination. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, problems or technical malfunctions of any computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Entry to be received by Sponsor on account of human error, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of the Website, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to any Entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes.
- WINNER’S LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: For a Winner List or a copy of the Official Rules, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: LOTRO Legendary Movie Sweepstakes Winner List/Official Rules, c/o Turbine, Inc of 117 Kendrick Street, Needham, Massachusetts, 02494, USA, to be received no later than March 31, 2014. VT residents need not affix return postage.
© 2014 Turbine, Inc.
© 2014 Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Inc.
™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
// END OF RULES//undefined