Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 20 von 20

This week's "Lay of Rust and Rime"

Don't tell me, show me.

I've been, mainly, enjoying it but this week I found disappointing for the reason given above.

Zitat Zitat von Altair6 Beitrag anzeigen
    Don't tell me, show me.
    * SPOILERS AHEAD *

I logged on to the forums to write about this exact thing. I was disappointed by the ending. I liked the start and the middle parts, but then, in the middle of the heat, everything suddenly stopped, and I was taken out of the instance. As the dragon had way too much morale for me to deal with, I was hoping for some special intervention to stop the killing, and it came! Only in text, which was a letdown. The ending would have been much better, say, if a war-horn could have been heard in the distance, and having one of those camera-focusing action sequences been shown zooming in on the Dale King firing an arrow at the dragon, and the dragon giving out a scream and flying away. Also, I did not see any of the Dwarves dying, as Thorin told me of afterwards - that would also be better to actually see during the instance - maybe I missed it. And we didn't see much of Thranduil's Elves either, did we? It all felt much like an anticlimax after all this building up in the previous story quests. And the excuse for not witnessing everything, the ice-encaging, seems too far out there. At least give us some visuals of the character actually freezing (I know there was the on-screen frost visuals, but the character itself) instead of just leaving the instance with even not so much as a fading out - the fight ended just like that and I was back at landscape Erebor.

As the previous post states: Don't tell me, show me. This is a game, not a book. And as good as the game's storylines are, both visually and textually, and as much as I love this new teaser storyline you've created for the Grey Mountains, there needs to be some improvement in the "showing" department, of which this instance is a good example.
    Geändert von Brethwyn_EU (12.07.2018 um 07:46 Uhr)
    Brethwyn Bearsbane of House Breddinga [100-Guardian]
    Hygweard of Rohan, High Protector of Bree-Land and Lord of Emyn Uial
    Children of the Sun - Gilrain

At least we know what the 6man boss will be... For one of them at least...

A SoA-skinned dragon(almost?) with a hole in his wing.

Challenge = do not avoid his frost attack. ( by line of sight )

Oops , forgot the spoiler alert , sorry.

Agreed, this was a great instance, but the ending was disappointing and a bit of a let down. Would have been good to stay through til the end, and actually "see" the fight in all it's glory.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Zitat Zitat von Brethwyn_EU Beitrag anzeigen
    And we didn't see much of Thranduil's Elves either, did we?
    Also, I did not see any of the Dwarves dying, as Thorin told me of afterwards
    There are Elven archers on the upper walkways to the left and right of the 'arena'.

And a couple of (nameless) dwarves already get killed during the initial stages of the fight, regardless of how you manage the fight.
    Geändert von Onno (12.07.2018 um 13:00 Uhr)

The fight that we did have with the Boss lasted how long to get it down a smidge. Can you imagine the complaints you'd have if they let that go on in real time. Did you really want to lay there for half an hour while the NPCs beat it down to the point where it leaves?

Are you from Missouri?
    It is logical, in view of the times in which we live. But to be logical is not to be right, and nothing on God's earth could ever make it right!
    - Judge Dan Haywood

Zitat Zitat von Raymore Beitrag anzeigen
    The fight that we did have with the Boss lasted how long to get it down a smidge. Can you imagine the complaints you'd have if they let that go on in real time. Did you really want to lay there for half an hour while the NPCs beat it down to the point where it leaves?
    One would imagine the additional help that Thorin told us about in the end sped things up quite a bit.

There's really no arguing that the ending of this long announced battle was nothing but a letdown.
    (I mean, sure, it was obviously meant as a teaser for the upcoming content, but still, a little bit more production value (or artistic finesse) would have been nice )
    Geändert von Onno (12.07.2018 um 17:11 Uhr)

I kinda liked the ending, cause with my character I have traveled so far and done so much in my travels, I can't expect to see everything and always be on top, once in awhile you have have to be knocked out or have bad stuff happen to you and yet still make it out alive.
    Geändert von Pontin_Finnberry (12.07.2018 um 17:42 Uhr)
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server. Staff member of the Lord of the Rings Discord Server, and Owner of Middle-Earth Lore discord.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Zitat Zitat von Pontin_Finnberry Beitrag anzeigen
    I kinda liked the ending, cause with my character I have traveled so far and done so much in my travels, I can't expect to see everything and always be on top, once in awhile you have have to be knocked out or have bad stuff happen to you and yet still make it out alive.
    The same thing crossed my mind, fog of war and all. Would have expected a fade out, fade in like has been done before. Ran out of time maybe.

Mac
    See my Lotro gaming videos:
    Macdui on Youtube.

Zitat Zitat von Pontin_Finnberry Beitrag anzeigen
    There would have been nothing wrong with us, as characters coming close to death, being rendered beyond battle (rooted, dazed or such) and then "seeing" the lethal delivery of the injury on the drake, before fading out of the instance. That way, we would not have needed the long explanation from Thorin after the battle, we'd have known what happened. I was almost at full health, fighting normally then wham, out of instance, wondering what the heck had gone wrong or if it had bugged.

Also I can't seem to find anywhere to replay the instance. It's not at the reflecting pool in Felegoth, is there another I've missed?

To be honest, I found this week's episode a bit pointless and vapid. Of course there was no way a single player could have damaged the dragon. But it was a bit silly to waste even the brief presence of a major mob on a very minor instance such as this.

Zitat Zitat von Anaxapart Beitrag anzeigen
    To be honest, I found this week's episode a bit pointless and vapid. Of course there was no way a single player could have damaged the dragon. But it was a bit silly to waste even the brief presence of a major mob on a very minor instance such as this.
    If you read the quest, you'd see that it said Vethug, whilst injured, has fled for now. The Black-arrow from Dale wounded the dragon but didn't defeat it - with the 22 million health probably being some indication that we might just see the mob again.

Zitat Zitat von Hallandil Beitrag anzeigen
    If you read the quest, you'd see that it said Vethug, whilst injured, has fled for now. The Black-arrow from Dale wounded the dragon but didn't defeat it - with the 22 million health probably being some indication that we might just see the mob again.
    I got something completely different from it.

Given the text below, I'd say it's unlikely we will see Vethug again . . .

"King Thorin III: 'It is over, <name>.'We of Durin's Folk have claimed our vengeance upon one of our greatest foes! Vethúg Wintermind, son of Hrímil Frost-heart, fled the battle gravely wounded and shamed in defeat! Whether he lives still or not, he will not trouble my kinsfolk again!"

However, there is come inclination that we will see Karazgar.

"There will be many tales told and songs sung of this day, my friend! But where has Karazgar gone? Has his plot now failed?"

Zitat Zitat von Arnenna Beitrag anzeigen
    There would have been nothing wrong with us, as characters coming close to death, being rendered beyond battle (rooted, dazed or such) and then "seeing" the lethal delivery of the injury on the drake, before fading out of the instance. That way, we would not have needed the long explanation from Thorin after the battle, we'd have known what happened. I was almost at full health, fighting normally then wham, out of instance, wondering what the heck had gone wrong or if it had bugged.
    They could have done it like this, i to wondered what happened when was ported out... until Thorin III explained it and i just saw the instance as how it was written and what goes on, as throughout history you've had people in battle fighting normally then wham knocked out, and you may or may not wake up somewhere being taken care of and of course you're going to ask what happened?. this how i viewed the whole thing. yeah we didn't get see how it all went down, but it is what it is. it felt more realistic to me that didn't get to see the rest.
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server. Staff member of the Lord of the Rings Discord Server, and Owner of Middle-Earth Lore discord.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Zitat Zitat von Arnenna Beitrag anzeigen
    I got something completely different from it.

Given the text below, I'd say it's unlikely we will see Vethug again . . .

"King Thorin III: 'It is over, <name>.'We of Durin's Folk have claimed our vengeance upon one of our greatest foes! Vethúg Wintermind, son of Hrímil Frost-heart, fled the battle gravely wounded and shamed in defeat! Whether he lives still or not, he will not trouble my kinsfolk again!"
    I took that as typical dwarvish overconfidence . 'We showed them the might of Durin's Folk, and now they're too afraid of us to retaliate!', said every dwarf after every fight.

As for this week's episode, yeah it left me too wanting a bit more than just a cut to the post-battle situation. I guess it's the old boss enemy called Resources (who can take many forms: Time, Money and Personnel, to name a few) that is behind the choices made, again.

Finish the Galadriel's last one and 2 weeks ago I do not enter now to where I go

Zitat Zitat von rodin12 Beitrag anzeigen
    Finish the Galadriel's last one and 2 weeks ago I do not enter now to where I go
    If you finished "The Lady and The Mirror", go back to Galadriel's mirror in the garden and talk to her. All others after that start with King Thorin III.

ETA: Am I the only one thinking that Vethug returning north, gravely wounded at the hands of the dwarves, is gonna severely piss off momma? That would play right into Karazgar's plans, I'm sure.
    Geändert von Caanjaal (13.07.2018 um 16:12 Uhr)
    CAANJAAL - Like Visa and Savoir Faire, he's everywhere!!!
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, you've already lost!"

Already I found it thank you but I need to find to the third raven have the 2 that are near Give Him but I do not manage to come to that of the forest elf come and cannot raise the mountain

complete done cuest new dale cuest
    Geändert von rodin12 (14.07.2018 um 13:24 Uhr)