Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 14 von 14

Reduce intro music only, permanently?

Is there any way to permanently lower the replay volume of the introductory music used during the display of the character select screen?

Like some movie sound effects, I simply find that the music itself was recorded far too loudly. Listening to it is, to me, almost a form of audial assault. Attempts to find an acceptable volume level have failed.

I find the constant tweets and crescendos highly annoying, compounded by the short length and perpetual loop, on the very few occasions when I need to sit on that screen for a few minutes. I'm aware that Options>Audio>Volume>Music Volume (slider) will allow this music volume to be reduced. I've tried to lower it. But I cannot lower it enough for my liking on the character select screen without effectively turning music off entirely within the game. For instance, I'm at 35% Music Volume now, and I'ld like to rip my speakers (or my ears!) off so I don't have to hear it any more.

Other than constantly adjusting my Music Volume, is anyone aware of a way to substantially reduce the intro music? Or, barring that, to turn it off entirely? I remember that there is/was a text-based ini/config/prefs file at one time, if it's still there, maybe if I tweak something in there...? Heck, I'll consider almost any option to rectify this issue.

I have a physical volume control knob on one of my speakers near my key board. I turn the volume up or down as necessary for proper audio volume with lotro, you tube videos or anything else.

It is a common problem that the volume level is different for each video, cut scene, music or what ever. EU4 has the same issue as Lotro - the loudest depends on which piece is being played. I even have to change the volume when I am driving around listening to radio because songs vary in their loudness. I might change the volume on the radio as much as 10 times an hour.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Zitat Zitat von Yula_the_Mighty Beitrag anzeigen
    I have a physical volume control knob on one of my speakers near my key board. I turn the volume up or down as necessary for proper audio volume with lotro, you tube videos or anything else.

It is a common problem that the volume level is different for each video, cut scene, music or what ever. EU4 has the same issue as Lotro - the loudest depends on which piece is being played. I even have to change the volume when I am driving around listening to radio because songs vary in their loudness. I might change the volume on the radio as much as 10 times an hour.
    I just turn the sound off. Unless I'm going over
    the Brandywine Bridge.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Zitat Zitat von AccessDenied Beitrag anzeigen
    Other than constantly adjusting my Music Volume, is anyone aware of a way to substantially reduce the intro music?
    I wish! that's so jarring. DDO has the same problem. The char selection screen does not use the volume setting for ingame sounds

Zitat Zitat von djheydt Beitrag anzeigen
    I just turn the sound off. Unless I'm going over
    the Brandywine Bridge.
    You sound like my daughter (3rd child). See hates the music in every game. She turns it off. Plays her music via something else.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Dang, I was hoping someone had a solution for this. I've got my Windows volume at 65% and then my speaker's sound knob (smooth turn, not clicks) is only up maybe a quarter turn.

Thing is, I don't really want to completely turn the sound off. I kind of enjoy hearing the music periodically through the game. I've got it low enough that, 3 feet between ears and speakers, I don't always hear the music playing in game. It's just the intro song is annoying.

User_Preferences.ini has a Sound section, but that simply repeats the various Options>Audio settings. So unless there is a hidden setting that the Devs are willing to share, I guess I'm stuck.

I love all the music in the game, including the char screen music. But since Rohan, I have had to play with all music to zero, as the volume is too painfully loud during the char screen. Sigh...
    Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Press escape when the game client is opened. Work for me : P

I'm more concerned about the music in character selection screen. Well, it's my fault though, because I don't often notice the volume control of my speaker switched to near maximum-level by other people using my PC. The result is that I get blasted away by the powerful drum sound XD
    [I]"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends"[/I] - [B]Gandalf[/B]

Oh my gosh yes! I have to turn down the volume on my speaker and back up again after I choose my character.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

bah bum bah...

WAKE UP ITS TIME FOR LOTRO!

the blaring intro music has become a huge joke in my house... "oooo, time for some heroics!"
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

I really hope something can be done about the sound volume for login screen and character selection screen. It's rather painful whenever I get back to character selection because it's so very very loud ^^;
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

1. Get headphones, preferably with a microphone (just in case you group).
    2. Have external speakers turned OFF. We are all about being considerate to family.
    3. Do not put on headphones until game launches.

4. Optional. You can now use headphones to ignore:
    a. nagging spouse (gender neutral)
    b. whining kids/pets
    c. doorbell/phone
    Kinships: Fifth Star Vagabonds on Crickhollow (Dotswith); Random Access on Arkenstone (Dottiel)

I would love to see a little speaker icon on that screen, that I could click on to disable the music for that area only.

Zitat Zitat von frickinmuck Beitrag anzeigen
    I would love to see a little speaker icon on that screen, that I could click on to disable the music for that area only.
    That would be awesome.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    .: Dannach, 100 WDN :.: Daire, 83 LMR :.: Gyrefalcon, 92 CHN :.: Brandon, 72 CPT :.: Honey, 71 GRD :.: Griffon, 69 HNT :.: Kaelenea, 72 RNK :.
    .: Iryth, 56 WDN :.: Baye, 56 WDN :.: Samtal, 64 WDN :.:Dunnock, 56 WDN :.: Sedgewald, 68 LMR :.: Breyon, 41 CHN :.: Tieran, 50 HNT :.

I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN