Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4

LOTRO Beginner's Guide to Terms and Acronyms

My dad plays LOTRO very casually - maybe once a month if he gets the chance. He doesn't pay too much attention to the more "meta" mechanics like deeds, trait trees, etc - He just really loves being able to play in Middle-earth and do quests and interact with the amazing Tolkien characters (he was so excited to start doing quests for Aragorn in Rivendell!).

Since I no longer live at home it's harder for me to help explain some of these game mechanics to him. So I was recently working on a video trait tree overview for him when I realized that this could be good for a lot of people. And THEN I realized that there are a lot of terms used in the trait trees that don't even get defined in-game by Turbine - things like AoE, CC, DPS - that most of us forum users probably don't even think about.

So instead of the trait tree guide I have wound up deciding to make a whole series of Beginner guides for various aspects of the game. I'll be posting them here as I finish them.

The first that I've made is for Terms and Acronyms - it defines various "MMO jargon" words that get used in LOTRO as well as some LOTRO-specific terms and also gives some in-game examples of those terms.

Hopefully this helps some new players out and it might even help out some people who have been playing longer!

This is awesome and should be sticky-fied for new players!
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

Thumbs up

VERY nice guide, must have taken a lot of time to prepare. I'm sure more casually playing or people new to LOTRO will have joy of this video.
    I had my time figuring out all those terms, when i started playing a couple of years ago, and i'm (without knowing your dads age) around the same age as your dad, i think.

BIG thumbs up, to you for the great work you've done. Hope to see more guides in the future.

Zitat Zitat von Galadhloth Beitrag anzeigen
    This is awesome and should be sticky-fied for new players!
    I agree, this is a great guide and very informative, I also think it should be sticky-fied also.