Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 12 von 12

Talking How do you think PC Build this will fair in lotro

I have no doubt in hell this will run lotro stably but i haven't a clue what kinds of FPS to expect to here is what is going into the PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core
    CPU Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40-TB 86.7 CFM
    Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH Z87 ATX LGA1150
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600
    Storage: Corsair Force Series GS 180GB 2.5" SSD
    Seagate Constellation CS 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Classified
    Case: Cooler Master HAF X ATX Full Tower
    Power Supply: Corsair 750W ATX12V / EPS12V
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)
    Case Fan: Aerocool Silent Master 200R 76.0 CFM 200mm

I will be run on three 27 inch 1920-1080p monitors at least for testing it out but may decide just to run lotro in one screen. Someday i may SLI the GPU but at first i will only have one beast card.
    Geändert von sakisman (16.03.2014 um 18:12 Uhr)
    Erowens, 95 - Elf - Hunter
    Rollof, 50 - Man - Champion
    Eraw, 25 - Man - Guardian
    Edhelrieth, 20 - Elf - Loremaster

boost your power supply a bit. That video card under a load packs a lot of amps...everything else looks fine. get some high FPS

Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Arkenstone{LOTRO Player Council member 3 years}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    Orenia | Shaxell: Misadventurers Kinship - Arkenstone

Zitat Zitat von Delmore Beitrag anzeigen
    boost your power supply a bit. That video card under a load packs a lot of amps...everything else looks fine. get some high FPS

Delmore is correct with a powerful card like you have listed. Also, make sure it's 80 certified, will help you on your electric bill at home. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Zitat Zitat von Delmore Beitrag anzeigen
    The listed power supply is more than powerful enough. That system as a whole should not draw more than about 400W total when under full load. A good quality 750W power supply should be able to handle that without any problem at all.

750W PSU is more than adequate, I have a similar spec PC (same GPU/PSU) and no issues whatsoever

depends on what you are doing. in game and outside of the game at the same time. I can tell you with a GTX680 under full graphics while PVPing or raiding, I have had the power supply go into shutdown. And that thing frying could zap the bridge of your MB...not fun. spending an extra 30 - 40 bucks for a bigger supply (insurance), is something I would recommend.

Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Arkenstone{LOTRO Player Council member 3 years}
    The Witch Kings Seventh Legion
    Bubblez - Defiler
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    Orenia | Shaxell: Misadventurers Kinship - Arkenstone

Thanks for the replies. I think i may just pay the extra money for a better power supply but really i think this will be enough for one of these 770's the reason i will likely get something better is future SLI.

I did some looking around and stumbled upon this PSU. How do you think it will fare taking into consideration future SLI?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817171079

Some PSUs have been shown to lose as much as 4% effectiveness per year, so having a bit of a cushion is nice.

Don't SLI. Lotro will not like you as much.

(more random comments below )

If you just have to try to speed it up, max out the fastest ram you have available to that mobo and try a 25Gig ram disk with the entire game on it. If not, then at least make sure you have the OS and LOTRO both on an SSD.

It was always advised to place the page file on the slower hard drives in the past as then you wouldn't wear out your SSD as fast. With the increased durability of the SSDs, you might consider placing it there, if you don't cut it off entirely or place it in a ram disk. (Just be advised that SSDs don't give the same clues that the old hard drives did before they failed.)

Make certain everything is running well. Check your event viewer logs regularly. A computer this nice can mask a lot of problems and still function well. Consider running the
    Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (64-bit)

Make sure you have a profile set up for lotro in the nvidia software and have it set to maximum performance.
    Set your Windows power profile to high performance, or use Game Booster, which does that automatically when it cuts off the unneeded services.

Make sure your cables aren't blocking any airflow.

Make sure you run through the connection sticky if you have any issues.

Zitat Zitat von EmyrSelyf Beitrag anzeigen
    Don't SLI. Lotro will not like you as much.
    I am aware i wont gain much from SLI in lotro. That is more for other games that i will gain from having SLI in.
    Other than that thanks for the advice.

OP, I'm confused, are you going SLI (obviously not for LOTRO, for other games) or not?

Your original Corsair 750W is more than enough for any video card. One editor at Maximum PC has been powering his Geofrce Titan with a 750W name-brand power supply and it's been fine for a long time.

If you're going SLI with 2 or more video cards, bumping up the 850W would not hurt. Purely just me, I'd invest in a single new Ti 780 before dealing with the hassle of SLI, especially if you like games like LOTRO where SLI will not help and probably hurt.

IMO get Windows 8.1. I support computers for a living and play pc games a lot, and Windows 8.1 from a hardware&software technical perspective is going to be light years superior to Windows 7. Whatever OS you choose, double check that your motherboard has drivers for it.

Overall, looks like a good build, hope you have a great time putting it together and playing on it.
    other favorite middle-earth games: The One Ring RPG by Cubicle 7; LotR: The Card Game by FFG; Hobbit/LotR Strategy Battle Game by GW

Zitat Zitat von mr_toad Beitrag anzeigen
    OP, I'm confused, are you going SLI (obviously not for LOTRO, for other games) or not?

Your original Corsair 750W is more than enough for any video card. One editor at Maximum PC has been powering his Geofrce Titan with a 750W name-brand power supply and it's been fine for a long time.

If you're going SLI with 2 or more video cards, bumping up the 850W would not hurt. Purely just me, I'd invest in a single new Ti 780 before dealing with the hassle of SLI, especially if you like games like LOTRO where SLI will not help and probably hurt.

IMO get Windows 8.1. I support computers for a living and play pc games a lot, and Windows 8.1 from a hardware&software technical perspective is going to be light years superior to Windows 7. Whatever OS you choose, double check that your motherboard has drivers for it.

Overall, looks like a good build, hope you have a great time putting it together and playing on it.
    At first i will have one 770 and then later when i have more money i will SLI it.
    I want to use windows 7 because i just don't feel like upgrading to 8 yet and don't see much reason to when 7 works just fine.