Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 15

Uploading Bullroarer files?

Greetings all,

As you now PMB has shut down quiet a long time ago and current BR client is still using it. So it is not recommended that we download it. It doesn't work anyway.

My question is, if someone were to upload already downloaded files of BR to a website, so we could all use them without need of PMB or anything else, would it be against Turbine's rules?

Zitat Zitat von unip0pcorn Beitrag anzeigen
    Greetings all,

As you now PMB has shut down quiet a long time ago and current BR client is still using it. So it is not recommended that we download it. It doesn't work anyway.

My question is, if someone were to upload already downloaded files of BR to a website, so we could all use them without need of PMB or anything else, would it be against Turbine's rules?

1. Just the installer is using it. If you already have the client downloaded you can update and use it without issue when the server is online/open.

2. I had a similar question. I'm not sure if I have the latest installer anywhere, but I certainly have a fully patched copy that I might be able to zip up, split to multipart, and put somewhere if I had permission to do so.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Thanks for the reply

I don't have the client installed on my pc so i tried using the link on BR sticky and of course it didn't work.
    That would be amazing if uploading files were within their rules.

Thanks for the reply

I don't have the client installed on my pc so i tried using the link on BR sticky and of course it didn't work.
    That would be amazing if uploading files were within their rules.
    Not entirely sure if the rules have changed, but when I downloaded BR a year ago the EULA stated to not transfer or share the client with anyone. On that assumption I would say it is against the rules. Though and acception could be made with turbine because the PMB problem.

If so, and maybe sapience can respond, I have a mediafire account to upload any size file. I could do it. I still have the install files saved.

Zitat Zitat von twistedmetalplayer21 Beitrag anzeigen
    Not entirely sure if the rules have changed, but when I downloaded BR a year ago the EULA stated to not transfer or share the client with anyone. On that assumption I would say it is against the rules. Though and acception could be made with turbine because the PMB problem.

If so, and maybe sapience can respond, I have a mediafire account to upload any size file. I could do it. I still have the install files saved.
    Thanks a lot. I appreciate your offer and i would love to be able to get those files

Sapience won't be around until monday i assume. I will wait for his response about this. It's sad no one i know have BR installed so forums are my best bet.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate your offer and i would love to be able to get those files

Sapience won't be around until monday i assume. I will wait for his response about this. It's sad no one i know have BR installed so forums are my best bet.
    I hope this is possible. I too, need the install files. (Computer was rebuilt since last Beta and I 'oopsed' on the backup.) Waiting for 13.1 would be very frustrating.

Used to take overnight for a clean install using evil pando (country australia 'broadband' ftw ) so I am really hoping for an alternative for update 13 minstrel testing.

Just to warn anyone if Sapience allows me to, the install files are outdated a bit. You will sit through updating like a new expansion came out, but at least you will have it

I will begin uploading the files, but wait for approval to pass the link. I may start a forum on getting permission if Sapience doesn't see this.

Just to warn anyone if Sapience allows me to, the install files are outdated a bit. You will sit through updating like a new expansion came out, but at least you will have it

I will begin uploading the files, but wait for approval to pass the link. I may start a forum on getting permission if Sapience doesn't see this.
    Why doesn't Turbine just make the installer available via BitTorrent? What was the advantage of Pando?
    Geändert von Thurallor (08.03.2014 um 16:06 Uhr)
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval

Zitat Zitat von Thurallor Beitrag anzeigen
    Why doesn't Turbine just make the installer available via BitTorrent? What was the advantage of Pando?
    Idk, they probably don't want to waste resources for them to sit there and seed the torrent. Mostly because Turbine can't be sure that people will seed a torrent after downloading.

Idk, they probably don't want to waste resources for them to sit there and seed the torrent. Mostly because Turbine can't be sure that people will seed a torrent after downloading.
    Are there any companies that provide normal torrent seeding service or do they all want to use their own programs like Pando did? Pando was P2P program, but I do not want to download some random program that can put viruses to my computer with automatic "updates" when I can just use standard torrents.

Zitat Zitat von Junafani Beitrag anzeigen
    Are there any companies that provide normal torrent seeding service or do they all want to use their own programs like Pando did? Pando was P2P program, but I do not want to download some random program that can put viruses to my computer with automatic "updates" when I can just use standard torrents.
    I have no idea if there are companies that provide seeding for torrents, but hopefully Sapience on Monday can Yay or Nay my link. I have it already uploaded on mediafire in a RAR file.
    Just need his approval to make a thread with a link and instructions (for those who don't know what a .RAR file is). If Sapience says Nay then I delete it from mediafire :/

Fingers and toes crossed. Thank you.

Zitat Zitat von Thurallor Beitrag anzeigen
    Turbine did use standard BitTorrents at one time. That was before Turbine created its own P2P program called Turbine Down Load manager which did not work very well. TDM was replaced by Pando Media Booster which is another P2P method. The big advantage of TDM and PMB is apparently two fold:

1) They are more secure because they are a closed community that allows Turbine to fully control what files are being shared.

2) They are a lot less expensive than the more secure BitTorrent services Turbine contracted with.

Turbine went away from standard FTP and some of these other download services because the dollar cost was excessive. Once F2P arrived people were downloading a million installers a year at a cost of perhaps 10 cents an installer - 100,000 dolllars a year.

I often wonder what kind of deal they signed with Steam in order to get Steam to host a zero cost installer for Lotro on the Steam download servers. I can't imagine Steam is paying the cost of all those downloads out of the whatever Turbine gives Steam for the Lotro products Steam sales.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Sadly, +Sapience's consensus seems to be "nay"

I wish that weren't the case. Alas, the event run on the 14th cannot be delayed.

Rwfrk: @rickheaton Is there a policy that prevents us from putting the BR installer up somewhere for direct download? People want to come to the Br Run
    Not the downloader. The actual install files.

Rick Heaton (+Sapience):@rwfrk I would caution against it. For many reasons.
    Rwfrk: @rickheaton Legal issues? or just the general security practice of 'don't download from non-official sources'?
    +Sapience: @rwfrk equal parts of each

Citations : (Wish there were an easier way to do this)
    https://twitter.com/rwfrk/status/442098536310517761
    https://twitter.com/rwfrk/status/442098572985520128
    https://twitter.com/rwfrk/status/442107030912790528
    https://twitter.com/rickheaton/statu...07867630280704
    https://twitter.com/rwfrk/status/442108136028004352
    https://twitter.com/rickheaton/statu...10045786890240
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Zitat Zitat von Yula_the_Mighty Beitrag anzeigen
    Turbine did use standard BitTorrents at one time. That was before Turbine created its own P2P program called Turbine Down Load manager which did not work very well. TDM was replaced by Pando Media Booster which is another P2P method. The big advantage of TDM and PMB is apparently two fold:

1) They are more secure because they are a closed community that allows Turbine to fully control what files are being shared.

2) They are a lot less expensive than the more secure BitTorrent services Turbine contracted with.

Turbine went away from standard FTP and some of these other download services because the dollar cost was excessive. Once F2P arrived people were downloading a million installers a year at a cost of perhaps 10 cents an installer - 100,000 dolllars a year.
    How do you know all this?
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval