Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5

Moonbow in Eregion

While riding south with The Grey Company, I encountered one of the most beautiful sights in LOTRO's Middle Earth so far. I was just outside Gwingris in Eregion after dark when I was surprised by the moonbow! Rubilee jumped for joy at the sight of this rare treat for the eyes:

I recently saw it from the Walls of Moria and had it frame the archway so nicely I had to snap a picture:

Very nice screenshots, but i tend to see Moonbows everytime one of my toons enters Eregion at night.

I'm curious though as to what is causing this to happen, an error in the code most likely.

Zitat Zitat von Madmanthief Beitrag anzeigen
    I'm curious though as to what is causing this to happen, an error in the code most likely.
    This is certainly possible but I really doubt it. It's in one area, and an area that isn't getting rainbows by day like the Shire does. It would be an odd bit of buggy code (not impossible, but odd) to successfully show rainbows in the day in the Shire, not show them anywhere else, but happen to show them at night in Eregion.

I've never heard of any good lore reason for it. Given the ways that Middle Earth differs from our world at this point in its history (such as how the sun, moon, and horizon work) and the overall mythic theme, it's possible rainbows are caused by something other than refracting sunlight, and this is possible there, but if so I think Turbine just made it up because it looked cool, not because Tolkien established something about it. Now I hope someone who knows legendarium better than me to come and correct me, because then we'll know.

Or... we have a metal head Dev

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQzNBTukO0w
    -Dio

\../
    Sabian- Hunter85
    All warfare is based on deception