Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Seite 3 von 3 ErsteErste 1 2 3
Ergebnis 51 bis 54 von 54

Thema: Lottery

Zitat Zitat von Sapience Beitrag anzeigen
    The problem with your argument is you don't know what the goals of our lottery system were, why we built it, or what we expected from it. From our standpoint it exceeded every expectation we had for it. So much so that we were able to crash the entire site by offering up the right items in the lottery to drive insane engagement. That was the point. Engagement outside of the game.

That was actually one of the problems with it. it was so successful, so popular, and so frequently visited it actually put our website under exceptionally heavy load when lotteries were active. This is why one of the mandates of the new system is to make it light weight and simple. So we don't have the old issue of putting up a lottery and players almost immediately seeing a "Site is under maintenance" message do to the servers being crushed under the load. Basically, the old lottery system was so popular that running one created a kind of DDOS on our own systems.

By the way, a lottery is inherently a question of luck. There is no "game" involved in a lottery. It is a "I want to win advertised prize X" and you buy your ticket and see what happens. No game involved. Skill will not improve your chances. Playing more often won't either. It's about luck. Which is exactly what the LOTRO Lottery was and likely will be again. The same is also true for slot machines, raffles, and their like.
    Speaking of engagement and involvement outside of the game... Any chance the Pre-Moria flash games could make a come back? I miss the Elevensies game, the beer drinking and axe tossing game, but had trouble with the strategy game (and I love strategy games). Those were awesome engagement and interest garnering tools.

Any chance they might be something that can be implemented as part of the festivals? Something that can be accessed outside the game, but give your ingame characters some reward.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000029c75b/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I forgot about those Pre-Moria games. The strategy one was fun and good for killing time at work.
    [CENTER][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]<< Co-founder of [I][U][SIZE="4"]The Firebrands of Caruja[/SIZE][/U][/I] on Landroval >>
    Ceolford of Dale, Dorolin, Tordag, Garberend Bellheather, Colfinn Belegorn, Garmo Butterbuckles, Calensarn Nimlos, Langtiriel, Bergteir[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Zitat Zitat von Quazi-moto Beitrag anzeigen
    Speaking of engagement and involvement outside of the game... Any chance the Pre-Moria flash games could make a come back? I miss the Elevensies game, the beer drinking and axe tossing game, but had trouble with the strategy game (and I love strategy games). Those were awesome engagement and interest garnering tools.

Any chance they might be something that can be implemented as part of the festivals? Something that can be accessed outside the game, but give your ingame characters some reward.
    To the best of my knowledge Turbine does not own these games. Turbine did not develop them. Turbine hired a company that does mini games called Black Dot to provide a few limited duration Flash games as part of the hype and run up to the launch of the Mines of Moria expansion. I doubt Turbine has the source code for the games. Given the low level of web support, Turbine is unlikely to have a Flash developer on staff laying around. Even back in 2008, Turbine decided to contract out the work.

I think these games ended up in the trash pile just like the Lore Book and other web features.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Lottery given way to Hobbit Presents...

As much as I enjoy the Hobbit presents (I guess this is supposed to be the new lottery) in-game, I think I rather miss the old lottery system. Why not have both?

The Hobbit presents can be fun and as well, can be quite costly for more often than not... junk (not sure how many more Universal Tools I can really handle getting at the cost of mithril or even on my free spins - disappointing)! The old Lottery was based out of the LOTRO community forum account login, the prizes were often quite good and there were quite a few good things you could win. The Hobbit Presents is an obvious gamble that typically has a terrible ROI. They are fun for the entertainment value and occasional cool trinket, buff or coin; I think the lottery is missed.

Seite 3 von 3 ErsteErste 1 2 3