Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 14 von 14

A little help (crafting)...

Sorry, I'm not granted access to post in the crafting forum. I'm looking for input from those playing the game as it relates to my game playing.

- I'm playing a burglar
    - I'm not going to be spending time on any alts
    - I actually do not enjoy gathering or crafting; I'll still do it as I take on what the game has to offer
    - I'm currently soloing and without a kinship

I'm leaning toward the Tinker vocation as the gather/craft go hand in hand and cooking seems simple enough as a stand alone.

Any thoughts? Your help is appreciated.

Cooking is not a stand-alone; it usually needs support from the resources crafted by a Farmer. As a Tinker you would be able to make jewellery for yourself from ore/gems that you prospect.

If you don't really enjoy crafting, then I'd recommend going Explorer. You can gather ore and wood, and process hides. If you choose to do Tailoring, you can make your own armor and be self-sufficient at that. But most of all you can sell the raw or minimally processed (just enough to max out your Prospecting and Forestry) on the AH and have a good income stream with minimum fussing with actual Crafting.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

As a Burglar;
    Tailor: Medium Armor, Class (Legendary) item (Burglar's Tools), Ranged slot (Signal)
    Weaponsmith: Melee (Legendary) Weapons, Throwing knives
    Woodworker: Melee (Legendary) Weapons
    Jeweller: Jewellery
    Scholar: Consumables
    Cook: Consumables
    Metalsmith: Tools

So, you're going to get the most bang for your buck as either an Explorer, going after Tailoring. Crafting your own Armor and items.
    Or, going with Armsman, crafting your own Weapons (Daggers/Swords), and eventually craft your own Legendary Weapons.

Shukar, to the rescue again .

Thanks for the replies.

Follow-up question...

Do tailors make any nifty and cool burglar head pieces like a ninja mask, hoods, etc? Thanks!

They make head gear... As for what you mean my "Ninja Masks", I cannot answer because I don't know what you're talking about.

Keep in mind, LotRO has a cosmetic system. In that if you find something with an appearance you like, you can equip is cosmetically, without affecting the actual gear you have equipped and the stats they provide.

Zitat Zitat von HaleElven Beitrag anzeigen
    They make head gear... As for what you mean my "Ninja Masks", I cannot answer because I don't know what you're talking about.

Keep in mind, LotRO has a cosmetic system. In that if you find something with an appearance you like, you can equip is cosmetically, without affecting the actual gear you have equipped and the stats they provide.
    Ninja mask...think Storm Shadow in GI Joe, but anyhow, I've not done enough in the game to realize that about the cosmetic aspects - thanks.

Again, I have no idea what you're talking about.

There's the Raven/Boar Masks from the Fall Festival;

There's the Fine Grey Company Hood from the Volume 3 Epic quest chain;

There's headgear similar to Dolen-Helm, from the various Isengard quest rewards.

And, there are several types of headgear. None were crafted by tailors.

I would definitely suggest Tinker. Armour is plentiful from questing along the way, but rarely are there quality jewelry sets. Also, cooking is for all intents and purposes self-sufficient. There are almost always ingredients on the AH, and they are VERY cheap. 7 slots of jewelry and food is more useful than 7 slots of armour and the occasional LI, in my opinion. (Signals are a non-issue. I actually have a newly L50 burglar, in addition to a L85, and I forgot they even existed.) And selling crafted jewelry has almost always been more profitable than selling crafted armour.

As far as cosmetics goes, crafted gear is not usually very good-looking. If you want a mask, there's the Burglar Rift helm (or ceremonial Rift helm).
    [color=red]Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...[/color]

Zitat Zitat von HaleElven Beitrag anzeigen
    Again, I have no idea what you're talking about.
    Then perhaps pay a visit to the almighty Google to be wowed and amazed - ninja mask .

Zitat Zitat von Frisco Beitrag anzeigen
    I would definitely suggest Tinker. Armour is plentiful from questing along the way, but rarely are there quality jewelry sets. Also, cooking is for all intents and purposes self-sufficient. There are almost always ingredients on the AH, and they are VERY cheap. 7 slots of jewelry and food is more useful than 7 slots of armour and the occasional LI, in my opinion. (Signals are a non-issue. I actually have a newly L50 burglar, in addition to a L85, and I forgot they even existed.) And selling crafted jewelry has almost always been more profitable than selling crafted armour.

As far as cosmetics goes, crafted gear is not usually very good-looking. If you want a mask, there's the Burglar Rift helm (or ceremonial Rift helm).
    Thanks, I appreciate the input.

Zitat Zitat von Slyke18 Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks, I appreciate the input.
    If you make your main character a Tinker, then I strongly suggest you create a second character (any class) and make him a Historian.

Historian has three professions:

Farmer - Get him through the tutorial and beginner instances, then go park him at a farm and grow most of the food that you need as a cook.

Scholar - Your main character will find a lot of scholar crafting materials in loot from killing humanoids. This character can use them to level up scholar profession.

Weaponsmith - Your main character can harvest ore. Crafting tiers 2-4 have two kinds of ore - one for making jewelry (silver, gold, platinum) and one for weapons and armor (barrow iron, rich iron, dwarf iron). Always a good idea to gather every ore node in this situation. You can make ingots from all of them to advance prospecting on your main character, then send all the iron to the weaponsmith. At some points you'll be able to make nice weapons for your burglar.

This second character will neve have to go out and quest if you don't want to. He can just receive stuff through mail and craft periodically. He'll level up quite a bit just from crafting.

Have fun!
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    [url]http://www.theoldergamers.com[/url]

Zitat Zitat von YamydeAragon Beitrag anzeigen
    So off all the nice things this game offer... You want to be only a burglar but don't want to level up, & don't want to do anything but crafting & even that you don't like it. What will you do on the game?
    I'm not sure how you got all that. I'm not big on crafting and my focus will be on one character because that's what life gives me time to do. I'm leveling up and enjoying the game.