Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Seite 3 von 3 ErsteErste 1 2 3
Ergebnis 51 bis 59 von 59
    If you manage to get a duo on GC and get Civvie Defense, the best way to handle it is two ballistae and a barricade or two. You train the ballistae to both hit the same spot and give them speed and damage, and drop the barricades at the hit area to slow things down - just in case things don't go just as planned. (I haven't tested, but I assume if you put barricades irrationally sideways, you get a longer slowdown effect as mobs run down the length of the effect zone instead of across.) Then you run to spam tripwires at the hit area while the trash rolls in every time it is off cooldown. The trolls take four shots to kill, which is two shots a ballistae, which you can do with ease when you have tripwire maxed out. And there's no reason why you shouldn't, it is one of the most effective things Engineer line gives you.

It is not a good idea to let mobs near their targets. This applies to several quests, such as that tower defense in the Dike where your best bet is to lock everything down at the choke point with three lines of barricades. You don't even need to be there to assist, the guards will kill everyone when in two handed stance.

Zitat Zitat von Zetsubousensei Beitrag anzeigen
    (I haven't tested, but I assume if you put barricades irrationally sideways, you get a longer slowdown effect as mobs run down the length of the effect zone instead of across.)
    Barricades do not work like you describe here (and like one would think). It doesn't matter which way you place them, the area they affect is circle. So you can put them horizontally or vertically - they still affect the same area and it takes the same amount of time for mobs to cross them.

Zitat Zitat von Gilean-EU Beitrag anzeigen
    it takes the same amount of time for mobs to cross them.
    Assuming you place it so the AoE slow occupies the entire-mob lane and not just part of it.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Barricades do not work like you describe here (and like one would think). It doesn't matter which way you place them, the area they affect is circle. So you can put them horizontally or vertically - they still affect the same area and it takes the same amount of time for mobs to cross them.
    But it is easier to space them out properly if you turn them lengthwise along the enemy's running path. The area of effect is about the same diameter as the barricade's visible long dimension. So I always turn them sideways, too, and just make them touch tips or just a slight gap between them.

Zitat Zitat von Crell_1 Beitrag anzeigen
    Assuming you place it so the AoE slow occupies the entire-mob lane and not just part of it.
    Yes. And the AoE effect is a bit bigger than the barricade.

Zitat Zitat von Angadan
    But it is easier to space them out properly if you turn them lengthwise along the enemy's running path. The area of effect is about the same diameter as the barricade's visible long dimension. So I always turn them sideways, too, and just make them touch tips or just a slight gap between them.
    True, and that's how I place them as well. But sometimes (like in Vandals in the Tower) it's better to put it sideways so it fits better where you want it to be, and either way it doesn't matter if the placement is not exactly right Although sometimes (for example just in that tower) once I placed a barricade, it disappeared completely so one should place them where there is clearly enough space for them

It doesn't matter which way you place them, the area they affect is circle.
    I suppose you mean square, since that's how all LotRO AoE stuff seems to work. But yeah, thinking back on this I should have realized it. The software uses a computationally cheap square for AoE everywhere, that way they need only to assign a single value to it, the length of its sides, and finding affected entities is a matter of simple comparison logic.

(At least I think all AoEs are squares. I can't recall a single AoE effect in game that deviates from that shape.)

Zitat Zitat von Zetsubousensei Beitrag anzeigen
    I suppose you mean square, since that's how all LotRO AoE stuff seems to work. But yeah, thinking back on this I should have realized it. The software uses a computationally cheap square for AoE everywhere, that way they need only to assign a single value to it, the length of its sides, and finding affected entities is a matter of simple comparison logic.

(At least I think all AoEs are squares. I can't recall a single AoE effect in game that deviates from that shape.)
    Hmm. I meant circle but I am not 100% sure if that is square instead, I have never tested that closely enough. But I have been in impression that most character AoE skills have circle area, after all they affect on certain radius based on tooltips. But some skills, like engineer traps etc at least have a square graphical effects so I guess there's both type of AoE effects.

Hmm. I meant circle but I am not 100% sure if that is square instead, I have never tested that closely enough. But I have been in impression that most character AoE skills have circle area, after all they affect on certain radius based on tooltips. But some skills, like engineer traps etc at least have a square graphical effects so I guess there's both type of AoE effects.
    All AOE skills, "pools", clouds etc have a square area of effect even though they have a radius in their description and a circle visual effect. This square is a bit bigger than the visible circle and it was quite annoying in some of the raids in the past (for example, the Durin's Bane fight in OD where everyone should avoid standing in the fire, and you could be outside of it while still having a fire dot. Or in Lost Temple, where if you stay in a cloud and get an "eye" debuff you die instantly, people sometimes would stay close to the cloud and still die.). This was always the case and became more obvious when about a year ago we got a new option to highlight the actual area of effect through the settings. Finding the proper place to stay in the fights I mentioned above became much easier now. I don't remember how that option is called though.

However, I am really not sure how these barricades work. They do not show the area of effect frame once you place the barricade down. I would guess they should be square as well, but since the area is so small and the enemies are so fat it would not be easy to notice anyway.

A slightly related discussion about these squares is here: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...Ugly-and-Weird
    It is more about the aesthetics of the squares, but still might be interesting.
    Geändert von Lunasa (06.03.2014 um 17:27 Uhr) Grund: added a link
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

Angry BB are the worst

Hi there,

I tried to solo and duo some of the BBs and They are no fun. NO FUN AT ALL. I don't like MC that much, but BBs are worse WAY worse. I will hopefully be able to go through the epic but after that I will never ever touch BBs again. Worst feature in the game by far!

Seite 3 von 3 ErsteErste 1 2 3