Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 7 von 7

Fellowship makeup question

I have the privilege of grouping with a consistent fellowship for a few hours once per week. We are all mid 40's and moving into Moria and are a very very casual group.

We've been kicking around changing up the group composition though.
    Currently we have: Minstrel, Hunter, Runekeeper, Captain, Burglar, Guardian

Burglar has LM and Warden alts around the same level.
    Guardian has LM and RK alts around the same level.
    The rest are probably set.

So what do you think? Should we switch things up or is this going to be pretty solid going forward?

Should be fine if your guard or cappy are confident to tank and your mini can heal. Could switch the burg with LM for a little boost in damage and support if you want, but shouldn't be necessary.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Zitat Zitat von Up2L8 Beitrag anzeigen
    I have the privilege of grouping with a consistent fellowship for a few hours once per week. We are all mid 40's and moving into Moria and are a very very casual group.

We've been kicking around changing up the group composition though.
    Currently we have: Minstrel, Hunter, Runekeeper, Captain, Burglar, Guardian

Burglar has LM and Warden alts around the same level.
    Guardian has LM and RK alts around the same level.
    The rest are probably set.

So what do you think? Should we switch things up or is this going to be pretty solid going forward?
    Looks like a fairly solid mix. You have tanks, you have healers, you have dps, and you have support.
    Depending on how people are traited you should do fine. (As an example, if both your RK and Captain are traited for heals, there is no reason for the Minstrel to also be heal-traited - instead he could trait along the yellow line for extra buffing abilities.)

You could consider switching the Burglar for a LM, but it is not necessary. Let that player choose whichever he enjoys most.

Great, thanks for the feedback. We made the group based off of experience in other MMOs before we realized how flexible the classes in LOTRO really are.

We'll mess around with trait lines and see what shakes out.

This is entirely subjective:

I don't like the Rune-Keeper class, due to both lore considerations (no magic users other than wizzards) and gameplay reasons (other classes can do the same). I think one ranged damage dealer is enough per group, and you have a Hunter. I'd switch the Runekeeper with a Champion for the DPS; Champs can do both single-target and area-of-effect damage, and can also interrupt, which is a quite useful skill in instances. Regarding healing, the Captain can be a decent off-healer, if necessary, so you have that covered as well.

I'd also suggest having a Lore-Master instead of a Burglar as an alternative, but this is entirely a question of gameplay style, not effectiveness, as both have their good use. Burglars are great in positional damage and debuffs, and they can trigger fellowship conjunctions. Lore-Masters offer additional support and crowd control, which is also very useful.
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

In any combination of those classes, it's possible to be successful at most anything in the game. For the most difficult content, it will help to have either the Guard or Warden, but with enough practice, a Captain can tank successfully. There are situations where certain classes will make everything much easier, though, so it might be a good idea to incorporate all the alternate characters into your playing time, for practice and leveling. Flexibility is great.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

Yeah, Champ would be nice to bring in. That's my main and I love it, but I don't think anyone wants to level one up.

Good point on the flexibility. We tend to try to keep the same group together at the same level just because some folks have more time to put in than others and we don't want to get to far ahead of one another.

I guess I was really just making sure that there wasn't one configuration that was clearly better than another given our options. It sounds like we should be fine and if folks want to change it up we have multiple options - basically whatever play style fits the person behind the toon.

Thanks again!