Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 18 von 18

Tier 9 Westemnet Cooking Recipes - Too complex?

I just did a forum search and I don't see any comments made about the complexity of making Westemnet Food. That surprises me since all the crafts have been simplified but this tier of cooking seems the MOST complex ever. To make it even more painful, most of the ingredients you need are from other tiers so you don't end up with many Westemnet Herbs unless you just mindlessly farm a bunch more just for the herbs. Does anyone else feel this way or am I all alone thinking this is just too hairy?

I don't mind the ingredients of Westemnet Cooking, considering the ease of gaining materials through Farming.

In all other Professions, someone has to actually go and gather the materials from the zones they're located in.
    In Farming/Cooking, you can master both Professions as soon as you exit the introduction.

Zitat Zitat von gripply Beitrag anzeigen
    I just did a forum search and I don't see any comments made about the complexity of making Westemnet Food. That surprises me since all the crafts have been simplified but this tier of cooking seems the MOST complex ever. To make it even more painful, most of the ingredients you need are from other tiers so you don't end up with many Westemnet Herbs unless you just mindlessly farm a bunch more just for the herbs. Does anyone else feel this way or am I all alone thinking this is just too hairy?
    I LOVE the realism factor in cooking. And the fact that my kinnie makes RL goodies based on the in-game recipes.

It may be the last bastion of crafting realism left in the game. PLEASE don't change it!

Zitat Zitat von bigsix66 Beitrag anzeigen
    I LOVE the realism factor in cooking. And the fact that my kinnie makes RL goodies based on the in-game recipes.

It may be the last bastion of crafting realism left in the game. PLEASE don't change it!

/agreed.........
    [CENTER][IMG]http://tenakill.org/users/tfsuser1/Sean/silversig.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

Ok then, I guess I'll just make extra coffee for herbs then /shrug Don't want to ruin anyone's fun.

But on second thought, I do think it could've been made easier by making it "Royal Carrots" and "King Leeks" or something, it would still be just a variety of carrots and leeks, why would that be "not real ingredients"? This way I just don't know what to do with the crit items from other tiers... there's considerable waste for me. I can sell it but it really isn't worth it when compared to the price of coffee or even the price of a stack of the finished goods. I mean, really, who needs half a stack of allspice whenever they're making level 90 food? And Pinch of Herbs, Pinch of Spice, Pouch of Spice, Handful of Herbs? How often have you bought the wrong one? It just doesn't draw me in and seems only practical. Maybe if I were making "black pudding" "blancmange" or "toad in the hole" it might be more cute and amusing. At this point, food making for me is just a practical matter.

My list for making even the most basic of T9 food is something like this (not complete)
    Pears
    Kingstead mushrooms
    Leeks
    Golden Shire Potatoes
    2x Carrot as Leeks
    Coffee

At least if it was green onion it would provide dye ingredients. If you ignore the optional coffee, more than half of it is non-T9.
    Geändert von gripply (19.01.2014 um 23:35 Uhr)

I hear ya. Wanted to max cooking in one go as well as have a good stock of coffee so I got the ingredients for 500. Had to watch the AH for a few days to pick up enough herbs though. Don't know how others would feel about this, but perhaps have a single "herb" that all fields drop? With ingredients coming from multiple tiers, would be nice if all that work went towards your goal.

As for food... haven't made any. Have won so many Crams that anything else would just take up space and I don't eat often as there are few situations where it'll make a difference. I'd probably be more interested if they differentiated crafted food from the crams. Like having standard food lasts for 10 minutes and superior is 15 minutes. This also assumes that food in any form might make a difference after Turbine adjusts difficulty.

I didn't mean to start and then abandon the thread. I suffered a bit of posting permission issues like lots of people, but they're fixed. Thank you for replying.

There's been a lot of Crams in the hobbit presents, I agree, but that's just regen food. Any kind of resistance or trail takes more cooking. And coffee is always good, but thankfully easy. I wish the fish based food were updated, but I'm afraid to think what recipe would be offered. Maybe a +90/+90 or thereabout will food would be attractive for tacticals again.

I'd like to see food last longer or be upgraded with an "eat regularly" feature (toggle). So you didn't have to remember to click it. It would drive sales too, which benefits the crafters.

I havn't noticed an increase in complexity T9. Some of the T4 or so stuff was way worse. Also, you don't even need to make stat food on tier, because the T8 stat food is way better than the T9 stat food (having double stats rather than single stats like the T9 stat food.)

Zitat Zitat von MithrielWielder Beitrag anzeigen
    I havn't noticed an increase in complexity T9. Some of the T4 or so stuff was way worse. Also, you don't even need to make stat food on tier, because the T8 stat food is way better than the T9 stat food (having double stats rather than single stats like the T9 stat food.)
    Maybe you're talking about T8 Guild recipes? I logged on my Cook and her recipes are better at T9, but she's not in the Cook's guild.

Zitat Zitat von gripply Beitrag anzeigen
    Maybe you're talking about T8 Guild recipes? I logged on my Cook and her recipes are better at T9, but she's not in the Cook's guild.
    There are lvl85 trail foods from Wildermore rep barter (and also guild) which have multiple stats -> http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cook...8Wildermore.29

Also, the lvl75 White Puddings from Stangard rep have multi stat: Vitality and Crit Defence. I like these ones.

Zitat Zitat von melyjely Beitrag anzeigen
    There are lvl85 trail foods from Wildermore rep barter (and also guild) which have multiple stats -> http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cook...8Wildermore.29

Also, the lvl75 White Puddings from Stangard rep have multi stat: Vitality and Crit Defence. I like these ones.
    Awesome advice, thanks Now I have an excuse to buy GR. Somehow it wasn't ever necessary before. I pretty much went there to dig up ore and fish. So cool to have something new to do there.

I took a close look at the trail food specifically. I like the Wildermere better for anything but a Captain who I'm working on right now. I can't speak for him at level 95 but I suspect he will be wanting the +83 or the Helmingas superior food with Might only. The benefits are so heaped up on Might in that class that it's ridiculous. And he's not likely to be main tank. So glad you replied because I had not focused on this aspect yet.

I do wish the T9 food were more exciting and less complex, but all these choices give cooking more dimension now. speaking of dimension, aren't cooks the only ones that don't get any output choices? None of "the output of this recipe can be chosen by the crafter" stuff for us, right? Or am I still missing some details?
    Geändert von gripply (02.02.2014 um 23:28 Uhr)

For better or worse (I'm not personally decided), Cooking is out of tune with the other production skills. I have a character in each guild that I capped on T9 skill generally 2-3 weeks into HD, as soon as I had the raw materials available to push past the guild symbols I'd made to that point. I maxed my cook YESTERDAY. Got so tired of his lag that I eventually made a moderate supply of everything needed for small,medium, and large T9 repasts, and then popped a +100% craft XP tome, made them, and immediately logged out. And he's been sitting at that oven without moving for about 3 weeks now as I would just pop in daily, make the repasts, and log back out.

Felt cheap, but it worked.

Zitat Zitat von Rorgg Beitrag anzeigen
    For better or worse (I'm not personally decided), Cooking is out of tune with the other production skills. I have a character in each guild that I capped on T9 skill generally 2-3 weeks into HD, as soon as I had the raw materials available to push past the guild symbols I'd made to that point. I maxed my cook YESTERDAY. Got so tired of his lag that I eventually made a moderate supply of everything needed for small,medium, and large T9 repasts, and then popped a +100% craft XP tome, made them, and immediately logged out. And he's been sitting at that oven without moving for about 3 weeks now as I would just pop in daily, make the repasts, and log back out.

Felt cheap, but it worked.
    i know how you feel

I was ok with the storage and farming expense and the multi level ingredient slog and the lack of multiple outputs but I am annoyed that the food I make is useless. The decent stat items need rep wth factions to get the good recipes -wildermore and stangard are hardly on the main quest map anymore so most of us who levelled after RoR launched don't even know about these recipes.

Half my vault space was filled with food items so I could make multiple level small medium and large repasts: my cook was late to the HD rep increase as she was only at master supreme when it launched so i needed all levels to get rep items done. I subsequently gave away the lower level ingredients when she got to master westfold and just made guild repast items from supreme up. I needed the vault space! And I hate wasting food!

I admit I have been very slack for 3 weeks and still haven't got even T8 guild finished yet, perhaps because I did work out it would take months doing it every day. Given the crams and run speed boosts are ubiquitous and free, it all seems a bit pointless.

Now, if we could cook scroll titles for 95 LIs I'b be really motivated!

It really is complex! But i like it very much. Last week i decided to level a yeoman. I had to write down a really long list of ingredients of what needed to be farmed and then cooked (expert-westemnet) i think making the list took as much time as to farm and cook repasts

Zitat Zitat von Calta Beitrag anzeigen
    i know how you feel

I was ok with the storage and farming expense and the multi level ingredient slog...

I'm not ok with any of that. I just decided that I needed to do guild rep with my cook. I have a bank toon just to hold all of the items needed from the various tiers and still my cook's bank is full of farmed items needed for current tier recipes. I don't have to do that for any other crafter. I moved everything I absolutely had to move from the bank toon so she could make her repasts. Her bags are completely packed with what she needs just to get the rep items done which means she's not doing anything else at all until that's finished. It's absolutely insane and it should be addressed just like the other craft professions. Farming was addressed because of the multiple seeds needed per tier, but cooking was left the same, so the storage issue was not addressed at all.

I refuse to do crafted relics with her because of the volume of items needed to make them whereas my weaponsmith needs a max of 2 items per tier. The metalsmith no longer has to have tailored pieces to do his recipes but the cook needs to have farmed items of multiple tiers. Some call this realism and think it's wonderful. I think it's a complete pain and I hate it. I can't believe that I'm alone in this.

Someone said something about having to harvest ore nodes. I can get enough ore from general questing to stockpile two jewelers, a weaponsmith and a metalsmith. I can get more than enough lumber for my woodworker during questing. For my cook I have to take time out to click buttons to farm because somehow that tedium adds to the 'realism' of the cooking profession. Once I've done that, she can get her own food items from the bushels. Then she has to start combining multiple tiers of farmed foods with several gold worth of vendor bought items just to make the ingredients needed. Several more farmed items with several gold more in vendor items to actually make what I need. This is not realism. This is tedium to the extreme and incredible frustration when I realize I'm out of golden shire potatoes from the master tier so I can make a top level recipe.

The cook and the scholar are the two worst craft professions. The cook because of the sheer volume of ingredients needed. The scholar for lack of nodes and being the only profession that has to fight mobs in order to obtain the few mats that are available. I can't decide which is worse.

Zitat Zitat von MsHawke Beitrag anzeigen
    It's absolutely insane and it should be addressed just like the other craft professions. Farming was addressed because of the multiple seeds needed per tier, but cooking was left the same, so the storage issue was not addressed at all.

I refuse to do crafted relics with her because of the volume of items needed to make them whereas my weaponsmith needs a max of 2 items per tier. The metalsmith no longer has to have tailored pieces to do his recipes but the cook needs to have farmed items of multiple tiers. Some call this realism and think it's wonderful. I think it's a complete pain and I hate it. I can't believe that I'm alone in this.
    How exactly do you propose to change the ingredients for Farming/Cooking? Small/Medium/Large Foodstuffs?

I'm going to have to say No. In order to make Potato and Carrot Soup, you need Potatoes and Carrots, not amorphous Foodstuffs.
    Someone said something about having to harvest ore nodes. I can get enough ore from general questing to stockpile two jewelers, a weaponsmith and a metalsmith. I can get more than enough lumber for my woodworker during questing.
    The difference is how long it takes you to replenish your supplies.

If you run out of a particular type of Ingot/Plank/Leather, you actually have to return to that region where than node/mob is located, then spend time hunt them down.
    Farmers, on the other hand, only need to go to the nearest Farmland and they can grow stacks of whatever they need in a matter of minutes.

So, there is no need to keep any excess cooking supplies. Just vendor them.
    The scholar for lack of nodes and being the only profession that has to fight mobs in order to obtain the few mats that are available.
    If you think the Scholar nodes are lacking, then you simply don't know where to look. They're concentrated (far more concentrated than any other node, outside a crafting instance) around ruins.

Zitat Zitat von HaleElven Beitrag anzeigen
    How exactly do you propose to change the ingredients for Farming/Cooking? Small/Medium/Large Foodstuffs?

I'm going to have to say No. In order to make Potato and Carrot Soup, you need Potatoes and Carrots, not amorphous Foodstuffs.
    As it turns out, I don't work for Turbine so it's not up to me to come up with the change. I could care less if I had to put amorphous foodstuffs together or if I need potatoes and carrots. If I recall correctly, people said the same thing about the seeds, but those were still made into single seeds for each tier.

The difference is how long it takes you to replenish your supplies.

If you run out of a particular type of Ingot/Plank/Leather, you actually have to return to that region where than node/mob is located, then spend time hunt them down.
    Farmers, on the other hand, only need to go to the nearest Farmland and they can grow stacks of whatever they need in a matter of minutes.
    I must be doing something wrong. When I need something from multiple tiers, it is never a matter of minutes. If I need ore from a low tier, though, I can always get a stack or three in a matter of minutes.

If you think the Scholar nodes are lacking, then you simply don't know where to look. They're concentrated (far more concentrated than any other node, outside a crafting instance) around ruins.
    I know where to look. They're concentrated with a 10 minute spawn (yes we've timed it) and multiple mobs that need to be taken care of first. I spend most of the time waiting for the respawn. Sitting around twiddling thumbs waiting on respawns is just as fun as twiddling thumbs while pressing buttons and watching her farm. Yee Haw! I don't have to kill anything to get ore, wood, crops. Leather is always in excess as a by product of questing.
    Geändert von MsHawke (06.04.2014 um 16:48 Uhr)

Given that farmers/cooks can simply sit in the Shire and max out their craft, consider the complexity of their recipes as the tradeoff for having to run around and harvesting nodes. Not to mention having to fight random mobs and competing with other players for them.