Hallo zusammen,in den letzten Tagen war Jinjaah sehr aktiv im englischen Forum unterwegs und hat viele Dinge zur Änderung von Klassen kommentiert,unter anderem zum Jäger.
Den Thread könnt ihr hier https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...e-polite-forum finden.
Hier noch einmal die einzelnen Posts:
- I was talking to Jinjaah before they all went on their winter/holiday break and in a way got him to agree to read a hunter forum everyday (which he says he does regardless) and respond (This is new outside of beta) provided the comments remained polite, on point and generally constructive. No repeating questions but Nice concise, to the point questions which could quite easily be answered.
Hey Everyone!As we all know, Hunter is doing quite well after HD release, but has some rather annoying bugs depending on your play style.
1) For we red traited hunters it is the Rain of Arrows crit reset not applying with light oil.
2) For the Trappers, it is the induction that popped into Tripwire at 12.1 update.
3) And for the Hunter PvPers, it is the lack of Stealth tracking, to name a few off the top of my head.
With this said, those three have gotten general answers to which I post posted the replies I have gotten from Jinjaah. But any further questions, ask them here, Ill be sending him a link to the forum the moment I am done typing this out.
Have a good day all and hopefully this forum turns out well.
Hope you all had a great holiday. I will do my best to stop in from time to time and answer any questions you have so let's get this started:
1. This issue has to do with the way we have set up oils for skills. I believe this issue has been resolved for 12.2 but as the answer to number 2 will tell you, double check to make sure this is indeed all set.
2. This bug has been the bane of my existence. I am working on it again, but for some reason it has a nasty habit of popping back up. Hopefully for 12.2, this issue will hopefully go away.
3. The stealth tracking was never intended to disappear and was more of an oversight on our implementation. I will take a look at re-integrating the functionality back, but I doubt you will not see it until update 13.
Finally I just want to re-iterate that I am indeed listening and reading your forum posts. I lurk more often than not due to the other things I am currently working on but I am listening. I will however, do a better job of communicating with you all some ideas as they come down the pipeline.
Yellow Hunters have been asking about a legacy for them too, precision has a crit mag boost, strength raw damage boost, endurance nada. Not that you have to run endurance in the trapper line of course but they are more natural bed fellows. up to +5% more evade bonus? 10% might push it, unless it's a super expensive one like the +AoE targets.
I think giving an additional legacy is not a bad idea. I will say that I continue to go back and forth on the hunters stances. We wanted the choice of stances to really drive the concept of hopping back and forth between them depending on the state of the fight, but I do feel that some stances outshine the others.
Good idea. I will say that Exsanguinates bleed I believe is doing untyped damage, similar to some of the wardens bleeds. This was not intended either, so perhaps the potency drop of that no longer being "true damage" combined with a cooldown reduction will balance those two out. Will look into it.
- It's great to see you around Jinjaah, some of us thought you had gone MIA altogether. Would you kindly also show some love to the Champion forums? We've been expecting to hear from you for quite a while now. Champions need some tweaks and folks have been putting together a nice list of issues and solutions in there, if you could have a look some time and provide some input I'm sure we'd all appreciate: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...hampion-Issues
Anmerkung: Ich werde dann bei Gelegenheit auch die Posts ins Waffenmeister-Posten
A mid-level Hunter (or any class), level 40-60, simply does NOT have sufficient points to trait multiple Specializations. The consequence being that you must adopt a play-style which requires you to confront a MOB and then decide what kind of stance (Specialization) you should be in. (If you are going to adopt the "fight and switch" mode at all.)
It is simply NOT an intuitive play-style. And a play-style which does NOT "build" as a character "levels-up."
A low to mid-level character cannot "optimize" any particular Specialization simply because they have insufficient points. Somewhere between levels 50 and 75 a character has sufficient points to fully complete one Specialization and maybe get the first tier in a second. (The two point penalty is pretty onerous here.)
Most players have only two specializations available to them. Yes, the additional specializations can be purchased, but I doubt that many, especially F2P players will do so.
(One assumes that by now Turbine has the stats to show one way or another, how many purchased Specialization 3. So I could be very wrong.)
* get rid of that 2 point penalty
* provide 3 specializations by default (BTW, I'm talking about save slots here.)
The corollary here is that the Game Mechanic for switching Specializations is HORRENDOUS.
Get out of the fight
open the window
pick a new specialization
close the window
All that takes time and destroys the flow of the encounter and the game.
* If the intent truly is to have people hop back and forth, provide a game mechanic to allow it -- make it possible to drag the specialization selections to a Quickslot.
BTW, at 85, with Kindred with almost all factions except in East Rohan (i.e. not yet entered into West Rohan), and completed most all Class deeds, except those which were apparently reset with the HD release, my Hunter, Rune-keeper and Minstrel all started out into West Rohan with 51 points. It almost looked like the intent was to "fix" a certain number of deeds (3 or 4) so that a level 85 toon got a Max of 51 points!
I was referring to the actual stances like Precison, Strength, and Endurance Stance, not the specializations.
A couple things:
I know you addressed it but I'll mention it anyway: Stealth tracking is one of the hunter's natural skills, especially in the Moors. I hope it is simply re-implemented as a passive and not tied to any of the trait lines, and while addressing this, is it possible to combine all 3 tracking skills?
Blue line is the mobile run n gun(a lot of fun) but is quite squishy, I was wondering if there is a way to get the parry buff back (lost after swift stroke), or some other kind of defensive buff.
Not really a hunter issue but switching trait lines takes too long, and causes mini lag spikes(at least for me). Also it would be great if the skill bars 'remember' skill placement for each tree line.
1. That is something we are looking into doing and is mainly why I think moving this fix to u13 makes a lot more sense.
2. Yeah it feels like hunters in general are kind of missing a key defensive cooldown to have in case of emergencies. right now the difficulty of the content is kind of hiding that flaw but as changes are made in that area, it is certainly going to become more apparent.
3. In regards to trait line swapping, we have been discussing some ideas but nothing is concrete. So for that, I might have to decline to comment at this time sadly. To the section about skill bars remembering the location of skills, this is in its final stages of completion and will most likely appear in update 12.2. I can have the engineer in charge of this feature swing through this thread and give a more thorough explanation of this if need be.
It is something we are actively addressing. I don't think 12.2 will have a huge impact, but good stuff is on the way.
Traps are special snowflakes right now. We wanted to make them a little more viable but there are some issues under the hood we need to resolve with them.
Immediate skills can be dangerous under certain conditions so they probably will not become immediate. We can look at some of the animations and scripts and see if we can hasten them some. It will depend on what needs to be done but I will make a note to do a pass through and see whats up for 13.Also, it'd be nice is the stance-switches wouldn't be part of the command queue. I'd rather they be an immediate sort of thing where it cancels whatever skill was queued and then you can queue up something after it.
I can't count the amount of times where a stance swap didn't go off because I hit a skill that ate it's lunch. (Usually due to server lag...)
It would also be nice if quaffing potions were an immediate thing too. I hate having disease/fear/wound removals being queued up.
- I'm really sorry for sounding so impatient, but can you possibly squeeze this in 12.2? Lot of good hunters have left Moors due to this fact and more are leaving every day. I suggest to make Stealth tracking ability passive, because, in normal pve it doesn't make any difference, but in pvp means a lot.
- As a matter of completeness, I should also mention that trapper line is a lot of fun to play; being able to ground target really opens up positioning planning for multimob fights, and gives a nice change of pace to the standard 'target mob, click skill' style of play LOTRO has always had. Thank you for your work on this.
- BTW I probably come off as negative and one who sees the glass half full. That is not my intention. I have been playing the hunter as my main since late 2007. I am more passionate about this class then the others I play. I will say that since HD the hunter by far is the most complete class. The transition to the skill trees has been less painful then say my RK or LM. I seem to focus on those few things that still bog the class down. I appreciate the work the dev teams has done. The yellow line for years has been a novelty that you play around with every once and a while. Now it is an actual viable option. Thanks for the hard work and I am glad that it seems like you guys are on the same page to make the hunter the best class in the game!
You're welcome and as I have told players in the past, I never take anything on the forums personally or write off people because they may be frustrated. I know that you all really love this game and sometimes that frustration just boils to the surface. If it wasn't for people like yourselves during the end of the beta process, I doubt the hunter would be where it is today. So keep up the good work!
- Jin - thank you for your willingness to come on here, and answer questions. For the most part, I really like the changes, and look forward to the upcoming tweaks as they occur. Maybe you can answer a question for me - I'm having problems completing the Level 58 Class deed - Path of the Trapper. Is it bugged? I've completed all three quests in the quest line, but never got the deed or the completion of it. I do remember (I think) cancelling the quest when I was in Moria at the time (yellow line wasn't as appealing as it is now), and now none of the hunter trainers have the original quest. I've bugged it, submitted a ticket (just seeing if a GM could complete the deed for me), and even talked with accounts on the phone. I have not seen it addressed. Was curious as to your thoughts?
1. I think your feelings on Armour Rend is kind of an issue I think the Hunter tree has in general. I would like to go through and move some of the traits around. With other classes during the beta, I did a fair amount of reshuffling and it came out pretty well. I think for the hunter, while its not as pressing, some of the bonuses/traits could be moved around to make for some more interesting builds.It might just be me but I find Armor Rend to be both of little use and even confusing as to its name and its actual effect. It seems to be so far into the tree that you either have Finesse gear or will be fairly close to getting Finesse gear, and -BPE doesn't seem very useful to be once you've gotten some Finesse pieces (don't know about PvMP though). What about making it a -armour or incoming damage debuff?
I'm also torn on Rain of Arrows and the reset trait, it's really efficient in terms of high damage (and even sustainable damage against enough targets) but the whole concept of firing 5-20 arrows every second feels weird lorewise and gameplay wise it's pretty much just spamming one button until it goes on cooldown.
Some way of increasing the amount of bleed ticks would be most welcome (or would that be overpowered?).
Rain of Thorns is nice to have, but the +10% to +40% damage seems weak for a skill with such a high cooldown and the initial damage is not that impressive either.
+5% to +15% healing on Press Onward also seems quite underwhelming considering the cost in trait points.
2. Yeah Rain of Arrows and its trait is something that Kelsan and I always talked about a lot. I think there is some wiggle room in there in terms of how the proc behaves that we can explore. In terms of Lore, even without the proc the whole concept of rain of arrows does sort of stretch the lore a bit, but we have definitely put further stretches in there in the past. Before Beta, some of the trait names were very funny but not lore appropriate.
3. Some people are a fan of increasing bleed ticks, but I am not really one of them. Our game doesn't handle additional ticks in a great way. Some games will add them in while the overall duration remains. Ours just increase the duration for each tick is has to add. Perhaps if we were to revisit that tech, I would feel better about it. But to me it can really muck with intended DPS and gameplay.
4. The final mentioning of the numbers I agree with. I think there are some other issues I want to resolve, but I always like to make a trait point feel more worthwhile where I can.
I am not happy with it at the moment. During implementation before Beta, we had long discussion about this very fear and at the time we had a very potent slow tied to the huntsman as the trade off. As we play tested it, we decided that the slow while induction was too much of a penalty that it took away the purpose of huntsman. I think the solution is to not touch the slow on the hunter and instead adjust the cooldown/duration of their slow to try and balance it out. For pvp, it just too powerful at the moment.What are your thoughts on the kite-ability of a blue line hunter? Are you happy with a zero cd skill re-applying a slow that in combination with run-speed buffs makes a class specced for moving inductions able to backpedal faster than any pursuer?
As much as this may sound like a loaded question, it is not. Just trying to put the situation in the most blunt terms possible.
The problem I was mentioning is this very issue you mention of time between ticks and additional ticks being two very separate things in our game. If they were linked to one another, than my tune would certainly change.
Yeah, and I guess it's hard to give Archer classes AoE capabilities without going against the usual 1 arrow per shot. I guess you could give Explosive Arrow the proc instead but being able to spam explosives charges in LotrO is not a lot better I guess :P
I guess it also depends on which skills you consider for it. For skills with rather high cooldowns (Heartseeker bleed, Blood Arrow Extan.... bleed) it doesn't make much difference to me if the ticks come faster than every 2 seconds
Yeah surely there's other things of much higher priority that should be done first, but I'm glad to hear they might get addressed at some point.
Agreed. As for the Archers Mark and debuff talk I want to play a wait and see game. We are working on some stat adjustment work that may alleviate this issue. If it does not, then percents or a change in functionality will be in order.I play my burg and Gambler has Bob and weave and the other like it in QK thats ON HIT. On top of possible double hips/TnG/FF. Then I play my hunter out there and its at the bottom of the food chain. Its fine if you like being in a raid with (enough) heals and cappies while the raid zergs your attackers. Solo kinda sux :P
If you feel powerful now, go pvp and get caught solo by a good creep player and see how one sided the fight is.
Even if BOTR is turned to a something like reaver wrath skill, or if endurance gave a passive parry/evade %, maybe % reflect...thats something.
For stances, I think the ability to turn drop and reenter it without stance cooldown would fix the low buff duration. But then again, perma 40% evade.....does that count as a cd despite no cd?
As for debuffs, with people having record high finesse now, -bpe seems abit weak compared to other debuffs. Archers mark should be turned to % instead.
Also it might just be me but seems ps dmg didnt scale well out there againsts ranked creeps and their crit def is working much better than mine :P
(60% crit def/19 aud and wargs still hit me for so much).
Will look forward to any future changes.
As for the hunter slows, it is abit much..50% slow with coffee with bubble and COTH....BUT it is our survival ability..considering every class out there barely have cds on thier skills anymore..
Yeah I plan on swinging through the RK and Champ forums in the neat future. Have a few threads forming with feedback that I wanted to address but hopefully tomorrow morning I can start chatting with you all. If you would like to set up a thread like this one to start shooting back and forth feel free. Otherwise I can start one tomorrow or hope into one and hit the ground running.
- I really only have one issue I want to discuss like always, for the past um, half decade. Survivability. We still have no "O ####" skill. It seems we are the only class in the game without one and nothing to get away with. The cry of the hunter bubble is so small it is...well so small. Press onward is still a long induction. For especially pvmp we are pretty much always the easiest class to kill.
Agreed on the emergency skill hole, don't have a good answer for that at this time. Your other suggestions are definitely something to consider, will look into it. The needful haste rumor you heard was actually an error on my implementation. I removed it because it was never intended to be there. I think we can work something out though.Jin has there ever been any thoughts making press onward usable while moving? After all Uruk heal is FAR more potent, for the full fellow and is usable while moving... and they have 100% 80% evade chance nearly lol
Cry of the hunter larger bubble?
Needfulhaste actually doesn't set back inductions?
I heard a rumor at one point in BETA that needfulhaste returned some morale? I'd been talking about this for years and was delighted but then it was removed?
I guess if you can throw one line at me on your thoughts about hunter survival and possible changes 1-2 lines particularly in pvp would be grateful.
Just thinking ahead - hopefully we will have raids in the future and I'm wondering if we have sufficient focus burn to maintain a steady rotation, as well as pop threat reduction, emergency heal and burst, corruption removal etc. At the moment we don't have any fights sophisticated enough to test out on.
my main feedback is about pvp as this is where the new traits can be really tested to the max at the moment.
- stealth track, glad its coming back, its bread and butter, 12.2 would be awesome, not so keen on a combined track, I need to know what is a warg. not keen for it to be in only one trait line as at the moment.
- cry of the hunter - as mentioned already, it has a horrible delay at the moment, also any chance to scale up the bubble?
- switching traits pops us out of stealth and turns off find the path. any way around this? its a pain esp when solo in the moors.
- Im lucky enough to have a very old 75 sword with the + camo legacy, which I use in the moors. I noticed that it now takes a lot more points to max this legacy than before HD, is that intentional?
In pvp > loving yellow on solo and in raids, blue is fun when on the move (bionic run speed ), red is great for pew pew - camo upshot with 3 hunters is great fun - revenge!
keep it up, thanks.
Glad to see yellow getting some love in pvp!
1. Yeah the stealth track will be update 13, but then we can talk about how it will return as it seems people have differing opinions why.
2. Yeah the skill delays are always something i actively look to squish.
3. I'm not sure if there is but I can speak with engineering on this issue. Dangerous things can happen if we do not strip most effects off of you upon switch sadly.
4. I will take a look at the cost progression, it could be the formula blew up fixing a different issue.
- I am not happy with it at the moment. During implementation before Beta, we had long discussion about this very fear and at the time we had a very potent slow tied to the huntsman as the trade off. As we play tested it, we decided that the slow while induction was too much of a penalty that it took away the purpose of huntsman. I think the solution is to not touch the slow on the hunter and instead adjust the cooldown/duration of their slow to try and balance it out. For pvp, it just too powerful at the moment.
This is a fair point. I think there is some philosophical differences in the blue line hunter and the BA, but is something work considering before any changes are made.
- I would like to see some kind of other ways to reduce trap cooldown in Trapper to make it more useful in group. Currently, the only one way to get Trap cooldown reduced is getting hit, which is fine in solo and pvp, but hard to achieve in group (though mobs mostly hit you like a moquisto compared to your huge morale pool and increased potency of healers). Suggestion: Make trap cooldown reduced when a trap is successfully triggered (5s per trap, for example)
1. Traps cooldowns need some love. We have talked about different ways to address this internally.Also, I wonder what Trap Parts will do when it is introduced. Currently, Trapper has all ability of past-crafted traps (Tripple Trap, Lure Trap, Tripwire, Quick Trap, not sure about Bear Trap), so I would hope trap parts will do something more creative than making triple trap into quartuple trap.
About Camouflage's animation, currently, a hunter needs to stand still to use, and there is 3s of rooting in one place. I hate this so much that I rather use Improved Focus and shoot my skill. I guess the reason here is to make sure that player won't accidentally break the stealth when camouflage is in its animation. Suggest: Let camouflage useable on-move with a short duration buff for being movable in in stealth (3s, maybe), and moving will certainly break the stealth after the buff is expired. I think it will encourage more the stealth-sniping hunter playstyle.
Any plan to improve Strength of the Earth? Currently, it is suck as recovery skill because press onward is a lot nicer recovery skill with la convenient off-specs investment. As a focus regen skill, Huntsman regen focus so fast that this skill contributes insignificantly, and it is out of reach for other trees to get. Suggestion: Improve it into a better skill. Or put it at the first tier of Huntsman together with the focus regen trait, so it it is accessable to othe trees.
2. Yes Trap Parts are my current failing but are definitely on the agenda at some point.
3. I can see what I can do with camo but the reason it is the way it is may be tech concerns.
4. Strength of Earth needs to go on a Makeover show. I agree it needs some love.
So das waren alle bisher,ich hoffe ich habe nichts vergessen,alterativ ist oben der Link zum Thread Sollte noch Antworten von Jinjaah kommen,werde ich versuchen die aktuell hier zu Zitieren.Yes this is a bug that I believe has been fixed for 12.2. I will double check though.Finally a dev answering, thanks Jinjaah! At least someone there who cares about us
I dont know if someone else posted it already, but are you guys aware that cry of the hunter doesnt remove slows and didnt get scaled to 95 morale?
It's life saving in Pvp!