Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 3 von 3

Hybrid-Darstellung

473 Area Code Scam

Thought I would post this here since it seems to be going around quite a bit (I've gotten two calls so far)...DO NOT CALL THE NUMBER BACK!

Calling back this unknown number may lead to unwanted cell phone charges.

Officials from the Utah Valley Dispatch Special Service District warn against picking up calls from 473-520-9734. The number is from a Grenada and apparently from a caller who claims to be in distress.

Those who call back are charged by the minute. Spanish Fork police and Utah Valley Dispatch reached out to their communities via Facebook and Twitter to warn people to not pick up the phone.

The scam doesn't appear to be new. News reports as far back as 2002 say answering or returning the call can lead to thousands of dollars in cellphone fees.
    Source: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...area-code.html
    Note: My posts are my OPINION, and are NOT intended to "troll", "provoke", "bait" or "harass".
    If my posts are taken as such, then I humbly apologize in advance.

I never call back strange numbers. My time is short enough as it is. Reminds me of when I changed my cell number two years ago I started getting collection agency calls for someone I never even met lol!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    [I][FONT=comic sans ms][COLOR=#ffff00]Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

This type of call can originate from many of the Carribean islands. Each apparently has it's own exchange (not area code) for toll calling numbers, like US 900 numbers. They can charge several dollars per minute over and above any long distance charge. All they do is try to keep you on the phone to rack up minutes and bux. They all use the North America country code of "1" and an Area Code for their country. If you are not sure, look up the area code online and don't call back if outside the US or Canada.
    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Loringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard
    [url]http://www.theoldergamers.com[/url]