Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 19 von 19

So it is been a long time

I loged in found the game actually refreshing compared to some of the newer so called better mmos. A few things I would like to ask. First do champions still get a two handed weapon skill? Or did they make the weapon skills simple for each class? The other is, is crafting still a complex but fun part of the game, that makes you feel like you are in the Lord of the Rings world? The reason I decided to post was the info I read said champions had two handed weapon skills, yet on my character he did not. Also on the champion trainer I did not see any new weapon skills for the future. Keep in mind the last time I actually played Lord of the rings online, I only finished the starting dwarf area. So there is a good bit I probably do not know. At this point, with respect and no insult intended, if I am going to play the game I want to make sure it has not been dumbed down like so many other mmos. Thank you for any help you can give.

Zitat Zitat von Darnakin Beitrag anzeigen
    First do champions still get a two handed weapon skill?
    Yes. Champs can use 2-handed weapons.
    Or did they make the weapon skills simple for each class?
    wut?
    The other is, is crafting still a complex but fun part of the game, that makes you feel like you are in the Lord of the Rings world?
    I'm not following your question.
    The reason I decided to post was the info I read said champions had two handed weapon skills, yet on my character he did not.
    where did you read that? Champs should be able to equip them at lvl 1.
    Also on the champion trainer I did not see any new weapon skills for the future.
    It doesn't matter, since HD, you don't need class trainers for anything but starting class quests.

I loged in found the game actually refreshing compared to some of the newer so called better mmos. A few things I would like to ask. First do champions still get a two handed weapon skill? Or did they make the weapon skills simple for each class? The other is, is crafting still a complex but fun part of the game, that makes you feel like you are in the Lord of the Rings world? The reason I decided to post was the info I read said champions had two handed weapon skills, yet on my character he did not. Also on the champion trainer I did not see any new weapon skills for the future. Keep in mind the last time I actually played Lord of the rings online, I only finished the starting dwarf area. So there is a good bit I probably do not know. At this point, with respect and no insult intended, if I am going to play the game I want to make sure it has not been dumbed down like so many other mmos. Thank you for any help you can give.
    Not sure about the champion. the wiki says they can use two handed weapons but it has not been updated for the changes with Helm's Deep. I'll let a Champion answer that question.

Crafting is still fun, or at least for me. Its not quiet as complex now, or at least it does not take as much time to level as it once did but to me that is good. There are no longer recipies that need components from other professions, in otherwords each profession is self depended apart from its gathering profession of course.

As for the game having been "dumbed down" or not... talk to ten different people and you'll get ten different answers. Some tings are easier, like leveling. But there are many reasons for that, the overall bump in DPS after Helm's Deep for one things. The abundance of content also means that if you do all, or even mosts, quests in one area then you can easily be a level or two, perhaps more, over quest levels for the next area. The game is simpler in some waus but only you will be able to tell if that is good or bad, no one can decide that for you. So I'd suggest leveling for a bit, get through Bree and maybe into the North Downs or the Lone Lands, and then decide how you feel. Keeping in mind of course that they eariler content is usually the easiest.

To the poster of note guy, relax, I was trying to get a handle on the game before I went any further. Many games of recently have been shredded in the name of making it easy, the problem is most of the time it destroys the feeling of being in that world. To the other poster thank you for your information. Yes only I can decide if its good or bad, but from what you have said I think it will be worth a go again. On the two handed weapon, I am not sure what is going on there. I will look at it again. I could have easily overlooked something. Thank you for the information.

I have a few more questions to ask. The first question is does certain professions still require three vocations? Or am I understanding that it has been reduced to two? My reasoning behind this thought, is I am not seeing the need for tailoring for armor crafting. As some other posters have mentioned they took away the reliance of one profession on another. The second question is, how does hobbies work? From a really old post, I understand their is only one hobby? The third and last question is how does campfires work in the world? Is it tied to a specific profession? Or can any one make one?

I would like to say my impressions of this game is only getting better as I go. It has been a long time, since I have seen game mechanics like this, that give you feel of being in that world. For this reason I am enjoying the game. Although a few things have changed its been pretty fun so far. Looking forward to the other zones as I go.

I have a few more questions to ask. The first question is does certain professions still require three vocations? Or am I understanding that it has been reduced to two? My reasoning behind this thought, is I am not seeing the need for tailoring for armor crafting. As some other posters have mentioned they took away the reliance of one profession on another. The second question is, how does hobbies work? From a really old post, I understand their is only one hobby? The third and last question is how does campfires work in the world? Is it tied to a specific profession? Or can any one make one?

I would like to say my impressions of this game is only getting better as I go. It has been a long time, since I have seen game mechanics like this, that give you feel of being in that world. For this reason I am enjoying the game. Although a few things have changed its been pretty fun so far. Looking forward to the other zones as I go.
    In my opinion, to be short and simple without posting a wall of text, the game has been pretty dumbed down and there are many changes I don't like.

However, I wouldn't recommend quitting based on anyone else's opinion but your own; especially your first time through. The first time through Lotro is an amazing experience, especially for a Tolkien fan. Not knowing what lies ahead for your character, but anticipating the iconic locations you'll eventually get to adventure through, is a memorable and fun experience IMO. I love a lot of MMO's, especially for their instance mechanics which Lotro seems to have forsaken as of late. However, no other game I've played has come close to matching the "journey" to level cap. The lower level zones are some of the best. Glad you are enjoying so far.
    Geändert von PoeticNightmare (30.12.2013 um 23:46 Uhr) Grund: Typo

All profession have three crafting specialties - Crafting

If you need Medium or Light Armour only a Tailor can make those. A Metalsmith makes Heavy Armour.

Get a fishing rod (make [woodworker], buy in the Auction Hall, or buy one from a vendor), go fishing, catch fish, level your Hobby, catch more rare fish. Some of the Fish you catch can be used by a Cook to make food.

Any class can make a camp. Cooks and Hunters can make a campfire, the cooks for cooking and the hunter to travel.

Hope this helps
    Geändert von Gandolf_TheOld (30.12.2013 um 23:59 Uhr)
    Ujest - 105 Lore-master, Opun - 76 Warden, plus alts and mules
    Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo Vilya)

The first question is does certain professions still require three vocations?
    Crafting doesn't "require" you to do anything. But, the crafting dependency has largely been removed.

Metalsmith no longer needs leathers, weapon and tailors no longer need polished gems, woodworkers no longer need metal.
    how does hobbies work? From a really old post, I understand their is only one hobby?
    Fishing is the only hobby.

Equip a rod, open the hobby panel, drag to skill bar, stand near water, click on the skill, wait for a fish to bite, click on the skill a second time to reel it in.
    The third and last question is how does campfires work in the world? Is it tied to a specific profession? Or can any one make one?
    Campfires can be 2 different things;

a) They're a cooking device primarily used for making trail food. Cooks can craft Campfire kits to summon campfires, and Hunters have a skill to summon campfires with an added OoC regenerations. However, since HD, all oven allow for Campfire recipes to be made.
    b) Some Campfires that appear in the landscape are Hunter specific port sites that they can bind themself for their Return to Camp skill.

It is easier to understand the crafting part now. As for the campfire, thank for the information, and also for the Hobby information.

I have a few more questions to ask. The first question is does certain professions still require three vocations? Or am I understanding that it has been reduced to two? My reasoning behind this thought, is I am not seeing the need for tailoring for armor crafting. As some other posters have mentioned they took away the reliance of one profession on another.
    I think they removed those cross-vocation requirements in this expansion, when they added the "processing" recipes that allow you to turn raw materials (leather, ingots, etc) pretty much directly into craft XP. That definitely removes some annoyances. You still get three professions per vocation, but every gathering profession requires at most one other profession for stuff. (Scholars need farmed materials for crafting dyes, so even that holds up.)

The second question is, how does hobbies work? From a really old post, I understand their is only one hobby?
    Still only one hobby, Fishing. There are even some fishing-related quests. Anyone can take fishing and everyone really should, even if you don't spend much time on it.

If you have a cook you can use some fish in recipes. There are some fishing-related deeds, and some fish make dandy trophies to decorate your house with.

The third and last question is how does campfires work in the world? Is it tied to a specific profession? Or can any one make one?
    Hunters can make campfires. Cooks can craft an item that can be used to make a campfire but it requires unprocessed wood, which Foresters can gather. Campfires are (or at least used to be) needed by Cooks to craft Trail Food. There are other types of campfires that Hunters can bind to and then travel back to them later.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

So I just got my dwarf to Bree. Needless to say I am enjoying many things about my dwarf champion. I came across something new mithril coins. From what I read, I have no idea how old this information is, you can only get mithril coin via the store? This also lead to the other question, equipment that you pick up via mithril coin, is it obtainable for all characters on your account? To be clear if I were to get this item on my dwarf, could I ship it to a future hunter toon. The reason I ask the last, is the quivers caught my eye, and at some point I would like to make a Ranger. Assuming hunters in this game are not reliant on pets.

So I just got my dwarf to Bree. Needless to say I am enjoying many things about my dwarf champion. I came across something new mithril coins. From what I read, I have no idea how old this information is, you can only get mithril coin via the store? This also lead to the other question, equipment that you pick up via mithril coin, is it obtainable for all characters on your account? To be clear if I were to get this item on my dwarf, could I ship it to a future hunter toon. The reason I ask the last, is the quivers caught my eye, and at some point I would like to make a Ranger. Assuming hunters in this game are not reliant on pets.
    Yes you can only get Mithril Coins by using Turbine Points in the store. If the item is clothing, accessories or something like that put it in your wardrobe and all characters on that account can slot it cosmetically. Putting it in the wardrobe means you do not have to mail it between characters, or take up a slot in shared storage.

The reason I ask the last, is the quivers caught my eye, and at some point I would like to make a Ranger. Assuming hunters in this game are not reliant on pets.
    Hunters in this game are not a pet class and don't have access to any pets. Pet classes are Loremaster and Captain.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Thanks again for the information, it will prove usefull. Bree seems to be unending in this game, the sooner I take one step forward, I take three steps back. Speaking of which I hit a land mine, figuratively speaking of course. I did the council of Elrond quest, which sends you to Rivendale, and I assumed it would send me back. The problem is you end up picking up three instance missions, but the mission locator, has you going over the rainbow so to speak. The quest givers do not give you a option of jumping into those three instances and completing the quests. Honestly caught me off guard, as something story related, I did not expect that. It was a royal pain to get back to Bree. So my question becomes what did I miss? These instances missions seemed scattered. So this brought more confusion.

Another quick question. Is there a way to pick up if a quest is a daily/repeatable? I picked up a set of repeatable rep quests in Bree, and I had no clue they were that. The last question, is where do I turn in rep items for reward? If I choose not to use the rep from those items.

Again Thank you ahead of time for the help, I plan on using this thread, when I run into things that I have questions about.

It was a royal pain to get back to Bree. So my question becomes what did I miss?
    You could have just used your Milestone skill.
    Is there a way to pick up if a quest is a daily/repeatable?
    Yes. On daily quests, there are green arrows in a circle next to their name.
    is where do I turn in rep items for reward?
    It depends on the rep.

I know that rep items for Bree and Thorin's Hall can be bartered for equipment, potions, travel skills, etc. at the rep areas in their respective towns.
    Though, in order to barter for the items, a certain amount of rep is required.

I'm not sure about the other reputations.

Another quick question. Is there a way to pick up if a quest is a daily/repeatable? I picked up a set of repeatable rep quests in Bree, and I had no clue they were that. The last question, is where do I turn in rep items for reward? If I choose not to use the rep from those items.
    If an item says "this is a reputation item" or words to that effect, all you have to do is click on it to use it up and gain the reputation. If it says "this is a *trophy* that can be turned in for xp and rep" then you have to turn it into a NPC standing near the tasks list. The task list is a stylized scroll (letter sized) on the map and the one in Bree is a bit south of the Prancing Pony. The NPC you turn them into is across the square (near the crafting hall). You can turn in 5 daily tasks (more are unlocked by doing it over and over). The xp is worth it for those who are trained to hoard items in RPGs, while the rep is typically even better (although eventually you will find yourself massacring wights in the Barrows to get that "port to Bree" skill).

Note that each quest hub tends to have a task board. There is one in Gondamon, one in Hobbiton, the next will be at the Forsaken Inn. I highly recommend <URL= "http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=498&so=">the dailytasks plugin</URL> for sorting the wheat from the chaff.

Getting a little concerned here. When I was at Bree, I picked up a quest for the North Downs, and followed it up to a certain point. Only to find out it was not for mid and low level 20s but rather 27+. Then when I was in the lone lands, I got another quest to back to the North Downs at level 28. The thing of it is, this is not what I call a good clear transition from one zone to the next. Then tonight me and others on region chat grouped up to do a Lonely mounts quest chain. I believe it was called the path to Erebor. This quest starts out by sending you to the Council of Elrond, seen in the fellowship of the ring, and later on gives you a quest for three instances. The fellowship I was with was ready to do this, Just one problem, the one required the Riders of Rohan. Now this is kinda of funny since you get the quest in your low level 22, and the expansion is for level 70+. Now this brings me to my concern. By the time I am done with the npc low lands quests, and finished wrapping up the North downs. I should be around level 35 if not higher. This means by the end of next week I could be done with the Shadows of Angmar. So my question is what quest chain should I be looking for, that carries me into the mines of Moria expansion. Yes I have the expansion. I do not need to know quest spoilers. I just need to know how does the transition from Angmar to Mines of Moria happen. I would rather not have a repeat of these prior incidents, that I just described.

Getting a little concerned here.
    The game will offer quests up to 5 levels above the player's level.
    When I was at Bree, I picked up a quest for the North Downs, and followed it up to a certain point. Only to find out it was not for mid and low level 20s but rather 27+. Then when I was in the lone lands, I got another quest to back to the North Downs at level 28. The thing of it is, this is not what I call a good clear transition from one zone to the next.
    The part of North Downs that both Bree and Ost Guruth was trying to send you to is Trestlebridge, which has quests in the low-mid 20's.

In the low levels, there are a few paths for questing, heading to the North Downs is an alternative to questing in the Lone Lands in your 20's.
    Then tonight me and others on region chat grouped up to do a Lonely mounts quest chain. I believe it was called the path to Erebor. This quest starts out by sending you to the Council of Elrond, seen in the fellowship of the ring, and later on gives you a quest for three instances. The fellowship I was with was ready to do this, Just one problem, the one required the Riders of Rohan. Now this is kinda of funny since you get the quest in your low level 22, and the expansion is for level 70+.
    The instances scale from lvl 20 to cap. So, even if the Landscape of Rohan is lvl 75+, these instances can be attempted at lvl 20.
    By the time I am done with the npc low lands quests, and finished wrapping up the North downs. I should be around level 35 if not higher. This means by the end of next week I could be done with the Shadows of Angmar.
    That's quite... optimistic.
    So my question is what quest chain should I be looking for, that carries me into the mines of Moria expansion. Yes I have the expansion. I do not need to know quest spoilers. I just need to know how does the transition from Angmar to Mines of Moria happen. I would rather not have a repeat of these prior incidents, that I just described.
    Transition from Volume 1 to Volume 2? Poorly.

Personally, after I complete Book 6, I drop Volume 1 like yesterday's news. As soon as you hit lvl 45, head to eregion, echad dunann, the walls of moria to begin Volume 2 and get your Legendary items. Then, once you hit 50, enter Moria proper to begin questing.

WB

Welcome back!

I kinda think that hunter should not be named that way,anyhow.