Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Seite 1 von 2 1 2 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 25 von 41

Yellow line cappy with video

I was power lvling my friend on brandy. And we decided to do SH T2C. I was surprised by how captain easily tank and selfheal, yellow line traited. For the most part I have bad gear, barely know what my skills do, so my skill rotation is bad, but you dont even need that. Cappy yellow line gives you self heals when enemy attack you and cappy has crazy BPE that take care of the rest. Yellow line is pretty much new warden. Anyways watch the video and see.

That's awesome!

**throws guantlet**

DO SOMETHING MORE EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=D

Edit:

That RK so stole your kill.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

Haha, looking good.

I'm starting to think Captain LoM theme song should be http://youtu.be/cqlPhMbQreI?t=45s :P

After seeing this video I specced into yellow and ran one of the hytbold crafting quests today. I pulled nearly the whole instance then took them down one at a time and my morale bar barely moved. So obviously this is way overpowered and it will be nerfed probably quickly.

May I suggest though that in place of the direct heal from getting hit instead let the proc be to increase ICMR. Make it similar to (or a little better than *wink**wink*) a minstrel's ICMR buff from Cry of the Valor.
    Geändert von skoelrond (24.11.2013 um 20:24 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von skoelrond Beitrag anzeigen
    After seeing this video I specced into yellow and ran one of the hytbold crafting quests today. I pulled nearly the whole instance then took them down one at a time and my morale bar barely moved. So obviously this is way overpowered and it will be nerfed probably quickly.

May I suggest though that in place of the direct heal from getting hit instead let the proc be to increase ICMR. Make it similar to (or a little better than *wink**wink*) a minstrel's ICMR buff from Cry of the Valor.
    Eh, you should be able to get away with stupid stuff when dealing with a bunch of normal, under leveled mobs.

Zitat Zitat von skoelrond Beitrag anzeigen

Why overpowered? Its just like the other Tanks.

So the captain who is supposed to be able to fill all roles is the bad guy when wardens and rks have been known to make a fool out of 10+ creep players?
    Nerf healing in PvMP and just maybe it will be worth it again.

Uh yeah if they want to keep the yellow line as is then I'm all for it. Its just that I know how these things go. Developers make changes making a particular class overpowered then they have this "OMG what did we do!", kneejerk reaction and then they nerf the changes too much.

Oh and today I did the thornhope daily (I'm level 88 and don't have HD yet). I ran it in two pulls. The first pull went fine. On the second pull my pet got caught or something and disappeared. I didnt realize it until I stopped to fight everything and my morale bar was dropping fast. I was nearly dead when I hit shield of the dunedain and last stand. I pulled out the pet again (in combat) and put shield brother on it. At this point my morale was completely gone and last stand was the only thing keeping me alive. After I put SB on, my morale bar quickly recovered to full.

Now if other tank classes can do that and the devs are fine with cappies being that way also, then I'm all for it. I really do hope it stays this way but I seriously doubt that it will. Its just that when the nerf comes (and it will) that it wont be too much. At least make it to where I have to use To Arms, Strength in Numbers, or Shield of the Dunedain once in a while.

Well, as far as I can see all classes are experiencing very little challenge from mobs. Tank Champions and Guardians aren't exactly having troubles with SH T2CM. I don't know about Wardens, some of them seem to be very unhappy about tanking.

We also have yet to see the changes to stat rating -> % AFAIK.

After I watched this video I went and did some experimenting with the yellow line. I did 4 BB's and leveled for 2 levels....I've never seen Captain so survivable. For the BB's, it really helped with the side missions, especially the ones that you had to keep people from being attacked, or items being destroyed. The AoE taunt is very powerful. I found myself with 7+ mobs on me, and my morale was not dropping. Used the herald of War and the power banner.

I was under the impression that with Captain its either banner or herald, not both. But, I'm able to summon a herald, and throw my banner at mobs, is that correct? Seems a bit OP, not that yellow line isnt OP to begin with. My only major concern is the lack of DPS and ICPR, but I see a lot of Capt gear with Fate on it. You can do "some" DPS but my rotation consists more of non-melee skills when yellow traited.

I'm very curious how this is going to work in the Moors...cant wait to experiment with that.
    Sunnydski - Landroval (Formerly Meneldor)

Zitat Zitat von SUNNY_D Beitrag anzeigen
    I was under the impression that with Captain its either banner or herald, not both. But, I'm able to summon a herald, and throw my banner at mobs, is that correct? Seems a bit OP, not that yellow line isnt OP to begin with. My only major concern is the lack of DPS and ICPR, but I see a lot of Capt gear with Fate on it. You can do "some" DPS but my rotation consists more of non-melee skills when yellow traited.
    Practically, banners no longer exist. The new banners are distinct skills (that are targetted), and the new heralds have different boost effects. But yes, technically you can have a banner and a herald at the same time.
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Zitat Zitat von Bezmer Beitrag anzeigen
    Practically, banners no longer exist. The new banners are distinct skills (that are targetted), and the new heralds have different boost effects. But yes, technically you can have a banner and a herald at the same time.
    Right. We basically use banners to equip and provide buffs to ourselves, based on the situation. Then use the skill in combat. So my question is, why would you not use a herald? Even in groups
    Sunnydski - Landroval (Formerly Meneldor)

Zitat Zitat von SUNNY_D Beitrag anzeigen
    Right. We basically use banners to equip and provide buffs to ourselves, based on the situation. Then use the skill in combat. So my question is, why would you not use a herald? Even in groups
    I use a herald to bounce off the brother skills on myself, as the buffs from heralds are negligible. Given you can brother another player in a fellowship, the herald becomes very expendable.
    "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Zitat Zitat von Bezmer Beitrag anzeigen
    I use a herald to bounce off the brother skills on myself, as the buffs from heralds are negligible. Given you can brother another player in a fellowship, the herald becomes very expendable.
    Herald still can heal you, so it's not that useless.

welcome to glory champ status! I hope you enjoy your stay

in fact, I feel that with your utility you may indeed be more survivable than chanks, but i haven't fully fleshed out a chank yet so idk.

So anyone have a good point spread to use with the Yellow line?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000051d0f4/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Zitat Zitat von AdamTaylor Beitrag anzeigen
    51 to yellow, 14 to others?

Zitat Zitat von AdamTaylor Beitrag anzeigen
    It depends on what you do. So far I use the following:

Epic Battles:
    Yellow spec exclusively for force taunts. I use 13 points here: Situational Awareness (5, just to unlock the rest), Call them out (5, bleeds), Strong Voice (1, extra targets for agro), Demand Attention (1, another force taunt), Terrifying Bellow (1, just to get the stun effect which I use as interrupt).
    4 points are spent on the Reversal trait in the Blue tree.
    The rest 48 points are in the Red tree focusing on direct damage, bleeds and telling mark.

Soloing tough stuff (instances):
    Yellow spec where I ignore all fellowship buffs here and use 33 points for traits increasing my survivability. I completely skip the following traits: Strong Voice, Shrug Blows Aside, In Harm's Way, Fellowship of the Shield, Stand Tall. One point is missing in the Situational Awareness.
    The rest 28 points are in the Red tree focusing on direct damage and bleeds.

(this build is fluid and I tend to move more and more points from the Yellow tree to the Red here.)

Tanking raids:
    One can simply go with 51 points in the Yellow spec, but I am yet to find a fight where I would need Last Stand while tanking. Until I come across such situation, I ignore that trait along with In Harm's Way and Shrug Blows Aside. The latter seems completely pointless to me - 5% crit defence when I have at least 60% and can get more easily is not something I wish to spend trait points on. Usually I spend 39-43 points across the Yellow tree and the rest goes either into the Blue tree (if I need the Revealing mark) or into the Red tree (if I need the Telling mark).

I believe that for moors the traits I ignore (Last Stand and In Harm's Way) would be of a huge help, but as I don't play in Ettens I can't comment on the build for it.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

Zitat Zitat von Lunasa Beitrag anzeigen
    Epic Battles:
    Yellow spec exclusively for force taunts. I use 13 points here: Situational Awareness (5, just to unlock the rest), Call them out (5, bleeds), Strong Voice (1, extra targets for agro), Demand Attention (1, another force taunt), Terrifying Bellow (1, just to get the stun effect which I use as interrupt).
    The rest 48 points are in the Red tree focusing on direct damage, bleeds and telling mark.
    Sounds good for Epic Battles. A little unfortunate that we don't really have any damage in the yellow line, other than the one (underwhelming) bleed trait.

If it were up to me, I'd probably move some AoE damage out of LtC and into LoM. Like, the trait from LtC that causes Grave Wound to splash its bleed around should probably be an LoM trait. It would be a great source of AoE threat, something we really lack in LoM as it is. Same for Light Damage; it seems like there should be something in LoM to boost the damage output of Battle-Shout and Routing Cry. I'd also like to see an effect somewhere in LoM that throws an Incoming Damage debuff on enemies who attack the Captain under certain circumstances -- maybe replace the pretty lackluster Shield-Brother's Call with something like that? -- because it'd reinforce the Captain's hybrid, group-oriented nature by allowing a tanking Captain to still bring some DPS benefits to the group, just like HoH and LtC Captains do.

Anyway, I'm getting off-topic, but there's my two cents on that.

Tanking raids:
    One can simply go with 51 points in the Yellow spec, but I am yet to find a fight where I would need Last Stand while tanking.
    I'm sure it's out there somewhere, but yeah. On my tank page, I put exactly one point in the trait that reduced Last Stand's cooldown when you get hit. Not sure how useful it is, even with the healing on expiration.

Ditto the trait that gives Incoming Healing on Defeat Events. It seems like very little benefit, considering we can get Incoming Healing from so many other places.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Zitat Zitat von furtim Beitrag anzeigen
    If it were up to me, I'd probably move some AoE damage out of LtC and into LoM. Like, the trait from LtC that causes Grave Wound to splash its bleed around should probably be an LoM trait. It would be a great source of AoE threat, something we really lack in LoM as it is. Same for Light Damage; it seems like there should be something in LoM to boost the damage output of Battle-Shout and Routing Cry. I'd also like to see an effect somewhere in LoM that throws an Incoming Damage debuff on enemies who attack the Captain under certain circumstances -- maybe replace the pretty lackluster Shield-Brother's Call with something like that? -- because it'd reinforce the Captain's hybrid, group-oriented nature by allowing a tanking Captain to still bring some DPS benefits to the group, just like HoH and LtC Captains do.
    I also would love more AoE dps skills for tanking. However I noticed no problems with tanking Sambrog/Thadur/SG instances by pulling the whole room and just healing others. The healing does seem to provide threat and it is enough to agro all the ranged mobs around. Those mobs would be out of reach for melee skills anyway.

I am also impressed by the damage I get from the Routing Cry. After 6 full 6man runs Routing Cry was the second most damaging skills after Pressing Attack and Melee Autoattack. It crits for 4.5k and I did not even have any points spent in the light damage neither I had a light damage legacy on my tanking emblem. I do have 40% damage for Routing Cry on my tanking weapon though.

Overall, agro is just stupidly simple now. I am yet to level my guardian, but after tanking on a captain for the last week I have no desire to touch other tanks.

And I love the Shield Brother Call. It heals both me and my brother and it is a very noticeable heal comparable to Inspire in most runs I had. I would not like to loose it. Usually I shield-brother the main aoe DPS class since they are most likely to get agro but thanks to my healing they also lose it fast. Shield-brother can be used together with Blade-brother on the same target, if you have two captains in the group of course. I don't know if it is intended, but those crazy LMs love it now

Ditto the trait that gives Incoming Healing on Defeat Events. It seems like very little benefit, considering we can get Incoming Healing from so many other places.
    But it stacks! I have up to 43% incoming healing with this trait and the banner... Maybe more, but every time when I check it seems to be 43%. It is not like we have any incoming healing on any lvl95 gear. I believe it is thanks to the high incoming healing that even in the BG t2c boss fights my personal HPS was higher than TPS (damage taken per second)
    Geändert von Lunasa (28.11.2013 um 12:28 Uhr)
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishtari - RNK 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105

Zitat Zitat von Lunasa Beitrag anzeigen
    And I love the Shield Brother Call. It heals both me and my brother and it is a very noticeable heal comparable to Inspire in most runs I had.
    Don't you mean Exemplar? Shield-Brother's Call gives an Incoming Healing buff to the other Shield-brother when one gets hit. It doesn't actually do any healing by itself.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Don't you mean Exemplar? Shield-Brother's Call gives an Incoming Healing buff to the other Shield-brother when one gets hit. It doesn't actually do any healing by itself.
    Hm.. I did think that Exemplar heal comes from the Shield-Brother's Call but you are right, it is just a t7 set bonus of LoM... Thanks for pointing at that In this case I need to check how good this Incoming Healing buff is before I decide if I like it or not.
    Ishtarien - Captain

Give it 3 months, there will be more captains in the moors than ever before

FOTM here we come!

Edit: Pic of my yellow line traits. I got 2-3 more points to spend after i took this pic, and i put them into the bleed damage in red line

Geändert von b4jet9597 (28.11.2013 um 20:26 Uhr)

"Thinking you can do something is confidence; doing something is competence"
    Bannerman, r11 War-Leader/
    Ryzer, r13 Captain/ Ryzur, Minstrel.
    Skill and Valour/Divide Et Impera, Landroval. .

Zitat Zitat von b4jet9597 Beitrag anzeigen
    Give it 3 months, there will be more captains in the moors than ever before

FOTM here we come!

Edit: Pic of my yellow line traits. I got 2-3 more points to spend after i took this pic, and i put them into the bleed damage in red line

Thats very similar set up I use, for groups except you need to put all 3 ranks in red trait for 5% crit for dev/pressing attack, 2 rank into blue trait that gives +6% melee damage as a buff when something crits. +%incoming heal from defeat response seem to to be the weakest trait in yellow line, so I only spend what ever points I have left in it.

Zitat Zitat von sarefx Beitrag anzeigen
    +%incoming heal from defeat response seem to to be the weakest trait in yellow line, so I only spend what ever points I have left in it.
    I keep seeing this statement and do not understand it. All healers and all tanks (mostly guards and wardens until now) which I talk to for the past years considered incoming healing to be one of the main tanking stat. The goal was always to have it as high as possible and why a tanking captain would decide to ignore it is a mystery for me.

Incoming healing buff stacks, and with such frequent defeat events (there is defeat event on every partial b/p/e) it is not uncommon to see 3 buffs at the same time. It is 15% incoming healing from this trait alone. High incoming healing on a tank allows the healers to get those huge critical hits they can show of, it also means that if you get an incoming healing debuff - you still can be healed. It even affects our self healing and thus helps with agro generation... This stat was always considered as very important by majority of all tanks and I just can't ignore it now.

And how is this trait the weakest? For comparison, Critical Defense adds only 5% crit defense on top of 50%+ which you have in tanking gear. For all of the critical attacks these extra 5% will be wasted and only the damage done by devastating hits will be further reduced. Or the Last Stand cooldown reduction... do you need it as a tank? How often during the 5 minutes are you expecting to drop to 1 morale? Maybe once the instances are scaled properly Last Stand will get some use, but I am yet to find any tanking task in a PvE content where I would need frequent Last Stands.

Concerning the Shield-Brother's Call incoming healing buff, it seems to have very limited use PvE. This buff also stacks (4% per time) and I saw it going as high as up to 20% incoming healing. However, in a raid where I ask the second tank to be placed in my fellowship for shield-brother, we both would have this extra buff and our healers appreciate it.
    Ishtarien - Captain

Seite 1 von 2 1 2 LetzteLetzte