Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Seite 11 von 11 ErsteErste ... 7 8 9 10 11
Ergebnis 251 bis 275 von 275
    Zitat Zitat von Stephen1981 Beitrag anzeigen
    maybe so but it seems turbine loses data center power maybe 3 to 4 times a year
    Hmm, to me this was the only power outage I've seen in over two years. It hasn't been the only problem causing unexpected major downtime / connectivity issues, but from all I know / been told those were related to (backoffice) software updates going bad and routing issues, not DC-power related.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

maybe so but it seems turbine loses data center power maybe 3 to 4 times a year which is a lot when it happens to microsoft,amazon it does not seem to happen very often and its very rare
    Honestly the last time I can remember them losing power was Hurricane Sandy.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b000000006dad/01003/signature.png]Escwine[/charsig]

So uh, anybody know where the release notes are?

they will post it at the "Release Notes & Known Issues".

It will be there sometimes today. We must be patient ;-)

maybe so but it seems turbine loses data center power maybe 3 to 4 times a year which is a lot when it happens to microsoft,amazon it does not seem to happen very often and its very rare
    They can afford the special pure bred hamsters, while turbine is stuck with crossbreeds. Those need more breaks.
    Nothing here matters.

so does anyone know when the game servers will be back up ?

Where is HD ? :/

3 Fountain Street, Towerglan, Bree-land Homesteads, Arkenstone, Sweden
    After reading most of this thread (well got nothing better to do) I deem a lot of you whiners. Seems we have a few it-savvy guys who have some first hand experience with hosting and servers and whatnot. Well, me to.

Lets just say that you are employed by a company like BMW, HewlettPackard, Lenovo, IBM, Google or Microsoft. I am talking BIG business here, with 100.000ths of employees and freaking billions in their bank accounts. So you go to work and you know that this or that system that serve LITERALLY millions of customers worldwide and is ESSENTIAL for a huge part of business is down. Again. It is down and having issues 7-8 times a month. With downtimes of several hours per day. GLOBALLY. I DO NOT KID YOU. Been there, done that.

Well, LOTRO seems more stable than that. Granted, I have only played a couple of months and I do not have the experience like some of you who has been around since 2006 so maybe I should phrase my words with a bit more caution. But maybe not, there it is. What I find peculiar is the animosity towards having to wait a day or two.

You are not a customer from my example above that may be paying 100-5000 bucks to get the stuff (whatever it is you have being that customer, a car, a server, a laptop) fixed. Many play LOTRO for free. I started playing LOTRO for free, sure I have spent some money on TP and I upgraded my account to VIP to get some issues and limitations out of the way. But, come on, surely you must be able to find something else to do for a day or a few hours if HD or anything else is a bit postponed or delayed???

After all, these guys at Turbine want to keep their jobs as much as anyone else.
    The Elruthrim Brethren of Arkenstone
    Malancil 105 CHN, Historian | Gilthiron 102 CPT, Explorer | Sturmdrang 76 WDN, Woodsman
    Anancite 71 GRD, Armourer | Tarostel 54 HNT, Armsman | Angredeth 95 HNT, Tinker

Zitat Zitat von Arphil Beitrag anzeigen
    Where is HD ? :/
    atm for me, checking dat files - 77%
    True character is not something shaped from without, or put on, but it is something radiating from within

Zitat Zitat von Marancil Beitrag anzeigen
    After reading most of this thread (well got nothing better to do) I deem a lot of you whiners. Seems we have a few it-savvy guys who have some first hand experience with hosting and servers and whatnot. Well, me to.

Lets just say that you are employed by a company like BMW, HewlettPackard, Lenovo, IBM, Google or Microsoft. I am talking BIG business here, with 100.000ths of employees and freaking billions in their bank accounts. So you go to work and you know that this or that system that serve LITERALLY millions of customers worldwide and is ESSENTIAL for a huge part of business is down. Again. It is down and having issues 7-8 times a month. With downtimes of several hours per day. GLOBALLY. I DO NOT KID YOU. Been there, done that.

Well, LOTRO seems more stable than that. Granted, I have only played a couple of months and I do not have the experience like some of you who has been around since 2006 so maybe I should phrase my words with a bit more caution. But maybe not, there it is. What I find peculiar is the animosity towards having to wait a day or two.

You are not a customer from my example above that may be paying 100-5000 bucks to get the stuff (whatever it is you have being that customer, a car, a server, a laptop) fixed. Many play LOTRO for free. I started playing LOTRO for free, sure I have spent some money on TP and I upgraded my account to VIP to get some issues and limitations out of the way. But, come on, surely you must be able to find something else to do for a day or a few hours if HD or anything else is a bit postponed or delayed???

After all, these guys at Turbine want to keep their jobs as much as anyone else.
    You had me at EHELO.

Zitat Zitat von rodarin Beitrag anzeigen
    nice try.

The FACTS are this is a company with an IP that should be a licence to print money, literally. Instead this is at least the THIRD time there has been a MAJOR outage like this. Not counting the other 10 or more ties we have ad 'minor' downtimes with related issues. So why does it keep happening? Why hasnt there been a change? Even a 'minor' one to at least address the issues that have happened in the past?

These are ultimately the results of how they have mismanaged and misused this awesome IP. How it has gone from a gold mine to whatever it is now.

Their inability to have a PROPER server set up is just an extension of how they mismanage and coordinate everything associated with this game.

Look around these forums, complete ghost towns, go look at facebook or twitter or whatever other means of communication they use. No one really cares. Thats because...no one really cares. There arent enough people left to care. I was here in 2006, and have seen this game become what it has today. It isnt like this is a shock or anything but each new era brings a new disappointed segment of people who play this game.

This game is six years old has had literally millions of people play it, I would dare say over 10 million people have tried it at one point or another. Where are they? How many people are left playing? How many people beyond ones who bought founders passes or lifetime subscriptions six year play with any regularity, and even a lot of them I suppose come and go now.

It is just sad what this game has become on all levels.

The handful of people here still defending Turbine either havent been exposed to reality yet or are paid employees pretending to be customers. But their numbers are so few now they really arent worth noting, but then again the detractors numbers arent worth noting, but mostly because theyre off playing something else right now.

This whole thing is just a..... no its not even a culmination because it will get worse you can count on it. But it is more of the same ongoing stuff that keeps piling up in this game that makes it embarrassing for a fan of the IP to even talk about in most cases.

You Sir are my new super hero! I can't agree with you more. If this mess was an act of God then I wonder what turbine did that deserved it. Must have been bad and maybe if they continue on like they have been instead of warning them with this sign, will he just finish the job he started next time?

For me its over! I have just deleted the game from my system and am going to a much better game. No one to blame it on but turbine! they had a chance to do right by all their CUSTOMERS but didn't have the know how or capability. Good luck to all the suckers that remain to experience this mess! And to the Sap, get out your ban hammer and completely ban me, you never liked the way I stood up to you before, censoring most I had to say lying and scheming to keep the voices of anything that put you in the true light as the scum you are. bet the next tornado comes right for you.
    Mean what you say and say what you mean! If you don't there are always consequences!

Zitat Zitat von rodarin Beitrag anzeigen
    nice try.

The FACTS are this is a company with an IP that should be a licence to print money, literally. Instead this is at least the THIRD time there has been a MAJOR outage like this. Not counting the other 10 or more ties we have ad 'minor' downtimes with related issues. So why does it keep happening? Why hasnt there been a change? Even a 'minor' one to at least address the issues that have happened in the past?

These are ultimately the results of how they have mismanaged and misused this awesome IP. How it has gone from a gold mine to whatever it is now.

Their inability to have a PROPER server set up is just an extension of how they mismanage and coordinate everything associated with this game.

Look around these forums, complete ghost towns, go look at facebook or twitter or whatever other means of communication they use. No one really cares. Thats because...no one really cares. There arent enough people left to care. I was here in 2006, and have seen this game become what it has today. It isnt like this is a shock or anything but each new era brings a new disappointed segment of people who play this game.

This game is six years old has had literally millions of people play it, I would dare say over 10 million people have tried it at one point or another. Where are they? How many people are left playing? How many people beyond ones who bought founders passes or lifetime subscriptions six year play with any regularity, and even a lot of them I suppose come and go now.

It is just sad what this game has become on all levels.

The handful of people here still defending Turbine either havent been exposed to reality yet or are paid employees pretending to be customers. But their numbers are so few now they really arent worth noting, but then again the detractors numbers arent worth noting, but mostly because theyre off playing something else right now.

This whole thing is just a..... no its not even a culmination because it will get worse you can count on it. But it is more of the same ongoing stuff that keeps piling up in this game that makes it embarrassing for a fan of the IP to even talk about in most cases.

^ This.

This is what happens when corporate bean-counters call the shots rather than the people who actually care about the IP they have access to.

All The Best

Suilaid All,

I don't use forums anymore, so in my quick search this seems the thread for an attempt at feedback (and lol at most of the posts here...this one is meant to be kinda positive feedback).
    So - here goes a couple of points (from a hunters perspective anyway - and no, I am not just a hunter - I know the stereotype...).

#1 - Parry Response. Ok - so you took away Agile, please stop rubbing it in our faces, replace parry response with a "you got no inductions baby! Fire away!" alert ;-) (or something else...even nothing else!)
    #2 - Questing difficulty - I think it would be beneficial to compare LOTRO questing difficulty to some other top MMO's, bottom line, way too easy (unless you need to find a mob - see below)
    #3 - Map area coloration/quest guide - The coloration of maps showing an area to go kill a specific mob seems to cover ~80% extra territory where that mob is nowhere to be found (is this being adjusted?)

Finally - this I suppose is a personal gripe - What's with the RTS direction? (Epic Battles) Is this not an RPG?. I just can't do it...I am here for PvP ultimately, but I do enjoy the RPG end of PvE as well (meaning I control only my character/pets in a role playing game, but I am not positioning/controlling military assets in a strategic manner as you would with a RTS game - real time strategy). You guys have had the mechanics you needed for HD like battles since Thang - and that was a fun instance btw. Frankly, everyone I talked to about this (ok - mostly PvP'rs...I know we are a minority...) are so very not liking EB. The question - will marks/meds be enough to get properly geared up, or will moors gear be available soon, or, is EB the only way to get moors-worthy gear for the foreseeable future?

Good Hunting,

"Ell"
    Ellouhollia - R13 - Hunter (BW) | Ellou - R10 - Guardian (BW) | Slye - R10 - Burglar (CH) | Borialys - R8 - Minstrel (BW)
    Freepstalker - R8 - Stalker (CH) | Freepstalker - R7 - Stalker (BW) | Allwrong - R7 - Warleader (BW)

Zitat Zitat von Ellouhollia Beitrag anzeigen
    #1 - Parry Response. Ok - so you took away Agile, please stop rubbing it in our faces, replace parry response with a "you got no inductions baby! Fire away!" alert ;-) (or something else...even nothing else!)
    Wait, are you saying the Parry Response Indicator is still there? If so, this would be just classic. Someone tell me again the devs actually play this game.

SNy
    LotRO on Linux! http://SNy.name/LOTRO/
    Also home to the LI progression diagram.
    Find the new forums unreadable? Try my forum theme.

Zitat Zitat von SNy-lotrolinux-EU Beitrag anzeigen
    Wait, are you saying the Parry Response Indicator is still there? If so, this would be just classic. Someone tell me again the devs actually play this game.

SNy
    take heart, minstrels using song of aid can still buff your parries for you!
    [COLOR="#DDA0DD"][CENTER][B]Peralda[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - The Numenorean Guard - Landroval~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[B]Yvandriel[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - Extraordinary Adventurers' League - Laurelin[/CENTER][/COLOR][COLOR="#EE82EE"][CENTER]And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”[/CENTER][/COLOR]

SNy
    [COLOR="#DDA0DD"][CENTER][B]Peralda[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - The Numenorean Guard - Landroval~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[B]Yvandriel[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - Extraordinary Adventurers' League - Laurelin[/CENTER][/COLOR][COLOR="#EE82EE"][CENTER]And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”[/CENTER][/COLOR]

SNy

Yes it's still there - and I keep hitting a button due to muscle memory (well several actually) that no longer do anything...it's....well....nev ermind that....I hope they fix it.

(and lmfao Calta)
    Geändert von Ellouhollia (22.11.2013 um 21:54 Uhr)
    Ellouhollia - R13 - Hunter (BW) | Ellou - R10 - Guardian (BW) | Slye - R10 - Burglar (CH) | Borialys - R8 - Minstrel (BW)
    Freepstalker - R8 - Stalker (CH) | Freepstalker - R7 - Stalker (BW) | Allwrong - R7 - Warleader (BW)

Zitat Zitat von Calta Beitrag anzeigen
    Ah, but only if we trait deep yellow, for which we have to pay mithril coins for tree #3.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN SERVER
    Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10

Zitat Zitat von Beaniemooch Beitrag anzeigen
    Ah, but only if we trait deep yellow, for which we have to pay mithril coins for tree #3.
    LOL sorry forgot to add that bit

I can see some benefits in the Minstrel class changes. For example instead of using huge amounts of silver to change traits, they have now been easily gathered and combined in a single click. I did some minor testing against the trolls in trollshaws and if you see how to calculate with "attack mode" in the first obstacles (Such as those rude Trolls) over to "evenly balanced" in a small mob set of enemies and monsters, but when entering a mob of 10+ more enemies...finding out where you stand from how the next mode/stance will work in your favour. Instant self heal is useful when doing solo quests as well.

What I don't like is that the skills I thought I would get from (lvl 30 - lvl 40 ) have been huddled together into these new stances, which is a tidbit annoying, so next minstrel skill for me is...lvl 38...then I have to wait all the way up to lvl 57...=.=; Until I can get a hold of new ones, during this I have to relay on deeds to gain more traits.

A bit half and half, though I think I can get used to it eventually.
    Knowledge lays where the Darkness is at its Brightest

I could not stay silent. Just on the off chance some dev, designer or producer reads this and is like "Oh my gosh! Lets give this guys a subscription. Buy him the expansion and coordinate a formal public apology for his pain and suffering." I have played for over five years and this was my game. Tons of times I wished I was a lifer and now this. Really? Trait trees? Totally ignoring the fan base and opinions of the paying customer. I devoted so much time making this game my own, thinking I shared the vision and was excited about the direction it inevitably was going to go. Well, guess not. Logged on after the debacle... I mean update/expansion... and tried the trait trees. Hate them. Tried Epic Battle. Hate it. Played with my 5 85's and not the same. Hate it. Grind another ten levels for no instances. No thanks. Well now I have two words for you Turbine. Guild Wars. Peace out and see you in a few years...if you still exist. I almost rage deleted my Warden...almost.

I've discovered a minor, yet annoying bug with certain cosmetic items since patching for HD. I've described it in the forum link below, and wonder if anyone else has had the same problem.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...53#post7013253
    Geändert von Corinthil (23.11.2013 um 18:16 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von cop Beitrag anzeigen
    Well now I have two words for you Turbine. Guild Wars.
    Be prepared for disappointment there.

Further to my previous feedback, this pertains to the new skills and their associations with quick slots, Auto Pilot playstyle, Launch readiness, and VIP Value:

#1 - Keybinds gone Bad
    In a nutshell, I (and probably 99% of mmo players) group skills on my quickslots/keybinds based on their function. So having looked at Hunter, Cappy, and Guard, I am a bit stunned to see skills disappear and reappear as something else, to see empty quickslots become full, and full quickslots become empty. To see a ranged attack turn into a trap, etc, etc, etc. The groupings become all wrong, and the spec switching experience is, frankly, less than fun.

#2 - Auto Pilot Easy Mode
    Very disappointed in the loss of control of basically all advanced skills. In other words, everything that used to take skill and strategy to time correctly now happens randomly, whenever, just keep pressing buttons and good stuff will happen.
    This is not cool...unless of course you are getting this game ready for an XBOX launch. Honestly, I feel like - does it even matter what button I press anymore? (maybe that's the answer to #1).

#3 - No Pots, No Moors Armor, No Epic Gear, Poor scaling, Buggy Questlines (buggy), PvP....
    Ok - another personal gripe, but believe it or not I am business man too and understand the pressures around release dates. That said, guys - you gotta take a better look at launch readiness.
    You've just damage the LOTRO brand with this release...the talk is pretty bad...would another month or two to finish things, and get things right have put you under?

#4 - VIP Value?
    I have 3 VIP accounts, one of which I use in the moors. Based on the VIP 'perks' and ridiculously limited access (along with the need to purchase a spec), I will be cancelling two of those VIPs.
    This program is simply not worth it anymore...not even close...I surely hope you address this soon...

Anyway - it's not all bad - seems that a lot of effort went into making every class a superhero, every monster class a beast. Props for that....but I sure wish you'd made some real instances instead of the RTS mini-game...

Suilaid All,

I don't use forums anymore, so in my quick search this seems the thread for an attempt at feedback (and lol at most of the posts here...this one is meant to be kinda positive feedback).
    So - here goes a couple of points (from a hunters perspective anyway - and no, I am not just a hunter - I know the stereotype...).

#2 - Questing difficulty - I think it would be beneficial to compare LOTRO questing difficulty to some other top MMO's, bottom line, way too easy (unless you need to find a mob - see below)
    #3 - Map area coloration/quest guide - The coloration of maps showing an area to go kill a specific mob seems to cover ~80% extra territory where that mob is nowhere to be found (is this being adjusted?)

Finally - this I suppose is a personal gripe - What's with the RTS direction? (Epic Battles) Is this not an RPG?. I just can't do it...I am here for PvP ultimately, but I do enjoy the RPG end of PvE as well (meaning I control only my character/pets in a role playing game, but I am not positioning/controlling military assets in a strategic manner as you would with a RTS game - real time strategy). You guys have had the mechanics you needed for HD like battles since Thang - and that was a fun instance btw. Frankly, everyone I talked to about this (ok - mostly PvP'rs...I know we are a minority...) are so very not liking EB. The question - will marks/meds be enough to get properly geared up, or will moors gear be available soon, or, is EB the only way to get moors-worthy gear for the foreseeable future?

Good Hunting,

"Ell"

ps - If Creeps can still track stealth..........come on guys...........
    pps - any chance you guys could put up a SoM Server? The code you had right up until the day before RoI...
    Geändert von Ellouhollia (25.11.2013 um 18:46 Uhr)

So what Turb, no comment? Okie dokie....

Further to my previous feedback, this pertains to the new skills and their associations with quick slots, Auto Pilot playstyle, Launch readiness, and VIP Value:

#1 - Keybinds gone Bad
    In a nutshell, I (and probably 99% of mmo players) group skills on my quickslots/keybinds based on their function. So having looked at Hunter, Cappy, and Guard, I am a bit stunned to see skills disappear and reappear as something else, to see empty quickslots become full, and full quickslots become empty. To see a ranged attack turn into a trap, etc, etc, etc. The groupings become all wrong, and the spec switching experience is, frankly, less than fun.

#2 - Auto Pilot Easy Mode
    Very disappointed in the loss of control of basically all advanced skills. In other words, everything that used to take skill and strategy to time correctly now happens randomly, whenever, just keep pressing buttons and good stuff will happen.
    This is not cool...unless of course you are getting this game ready for an XBOX launch. Honestly, I feel like - does it even matter what button I press anymore? (maybe that's the answer to #1).

#3 - No Pots, No Moors Armor, No Epic Gear, Poor scaling, Buggy Questlines (buggy), PvP....
    Ok - another personal gripe, but believe it or not I am business man too and understand the pressures around release dates. That said, guys - you gotta take a better look at launch readiness.
    You've just damage the LOTRO brand with this release...the talk is pretty bad...would another month or two to finish things, and get things right have put you under?

#4 - VIP Value?
    I have 3 VIP accounts, one of which I use in the moors. Based on the VIP 'perks' and ridiculously limited access (along with the need to purchase a spec), I will be cancelling two of those VIPs.
    This program is simply not worth it anymore...not even close...I surely hope you address this soon...

Anyway - it's not all bad - seems that a lot of effort went into making every class a superhero, every monster class a beast. Props for that....but I sure wish you'd made some real instances instead of the RTS mini-game...

ps - If Creeps can still track stealth..........come on guys...........
    pps - any chance you guys could put up a SoM Server? The code you had right up until the day before RoI...

Seite 11 von 11 ErsteErste ... 7 8 9 10 11