Wir haben festgestellt, dass Euer Browser keine Cookies akzeptiert. Bitte erlaubt die Verwendung von Cookies in den Optionen Eures Browsers, um eine optimale Funktion dieser Webseite zu gewährleisten.
Ergebnis 1 bis 10 von 10

What instances are people running these days and why?

A few years ago when I used to play LoTR a lot, I would constantly be running instances and raids, all day everyday.
    Whether It was with my kin or just keeping an eye on pugs in GLFF, there was hardly a moment in game,That I wasn't
    in a group instance.
    Now after recently coming back to the game, I leveled my champ to 85 and I want to run raids and instances again,
    But I have no idea where to start... I opened up the instance finder and was overwhelmed seeing so many choices,
    And not knowing which ones I should grind.
    I've been keeping an eye on GLFF and was surprised to see nothing but people taking about all kinds of non game related
    Things.... And the occasional lfm Sammy.
    I'm assuming that Sammy means great barrows sambrog??? Why are people only running this instance nowadays?
    What happened to the helegrod runs, the carn dum deed runs, the north cotton 3mans, the moria deed runs, the watcher...
    Are people not interested in these instances anymore?

What are the more popular instances to run nowadays and why?

Zitat Zitat von GSO86 Beitrag anzeigen
    A few years ago when I used to play LoTR a lot, I would constantly be running instances and raids, all day everyday.
    Whether It was with my kin or just keeping an eye on pugs in GLFF, there was hardly a moment in game,That I wasn't
    in a group instance.
    Now after recently coming back to the game, I leveled my champ to 85 and I want to run raids and instances again,
    But I have no idea where to start... I opened up the instance finder and was overwhelmed seeing so many choices,
    And not knowing which ones I should grind.
    I've been keeping an eye on GLFF and was surprised to see nothing but people taking about all kinds of non game related
    Things.... And the occasional lfm Sammy.
    I'm assuming that Sammy means great barrows sambrog??? Why are people only running this instance nowadays?
    What happened to the helegrod runs, the carn dum deed runs, the north cotton 3mans, the moria deed runs, the watcher...
    Are people not interested in these instances anymore?

What are the more popular instances to run nowadays and why?
    Yes, Sammy = GB: Sambrog.

The most common runs during the level 85 endgame were Sammy, OE, School, Library, Fornost: Water. Some people (including myself) favored "random 6-mans", typically just setting size=6, tier=1, and selecting all six GB+Annuminas instances since those are the ones that don't have a T2. That gave a higher instance finder currency bonus and more diversity in what we saw. Could do the same with tier=2 selecting the four Fornosts, SG, LT, SS, and Bells if everyone in the group had all of those unlocked and discovered, but they generally didn't.

Why Sammy/OE/etc. in particular - high seals-per-minute, low chance of failure. Apparently people in the peak time zones for their server (Eastern for US servers, the appropriate European time zones for the EU servers) could run these enough to get seals for 1st age symbols. For the rest of us, we join the groups that exist, if they exist at all. Technically I think the reason people ran Fornost: Water sometimes (it was less common than the others) was high marks-per-minute rather than seals. Note also that the GB cluster seems to have anomalously high loot drop rates compared to the other clusters, while Fornost and In Their Absence are notoriously stingy with loot. My guess is that's why Sambrog gets the edge over OE.

What happened to:
    1. Helegrod - people sometimes run it at 50 for the deeds to unlock Thorog. On *very* rare occasions people might try Thorog@85 for that part of the Savior of Eriador metadeed. I've never heard of anyone running the wings at 85 though. Never saw Helegrod being run at previous level caps either - I think there were occasional token runs back at 65, but not running the wings to completion.
    2. Carn Dum - has been easily soloable for 20 levels now; people will run this with level 50ish kinmates to get their class quest drops, but there's no purpose to group runs otherwise. (Ditto for Urugarth; Barad Gularan is just soloed for deeds if one cares; Rift is another rare occasion for the metadeed and housing trophy).
    3. NCF/Stoneheight - can do them if you want to and find a couple other people. Stoneheight is soloable by wardens and champs, maybe other classes too. That cluster has an exceedingly low loot drop rate, and also lower seals (or marks) per minute than the commonly run instances, so they weren't too popular. LT and SS are unheard of, still. I'd like to see those someday.
    4. Moria instances - they still happen, mostly along the lines of CD/Uru, running lower level kinmates through for deeds, loot, and armor tokens. Not likely to see any of that in glff though. And they're perfectly feasible with less than a full group so no need to advertise if a kin group doesn't fill.
    5. Watcher - very very rare, same as ever (I only saw one group for this back when 65 was the cap, let alone since then). If it happens at all, it's as a curiosity for kinmates to finish a couple of deeds.

It sounds like you are (or at least were a few years ago) in your server's peak time zones, so you're probably working from a very different baseline of how much grouping exists in this game and what diversity of instances to expect, compared to my own experiences (I'm happy to see any group run, ever!).

Zitat Zitat von J_Howell Beitrag anzeigen
    Yes, Sammy = GB: Sambrog.

The most common runs during the level 85 endgame were Sammy, OE, School, Library, Fornost: Water. Some people (including myself) favored "random 6-mans", typically just setting size=6, tier=1, and selecting all six GB+Annuminas instances since those are the ones that don't have a T2. That gave a higher instance finder currency bonus and more diversity in what we saw. Could do the same with tier=2 selecting the four Fornosts, SG, LT, SS, and Bells if everyone in the group had all of those unlocked and discovered, but they generally didn't.

Why Sammy/OE/etc. in particular - high seals-per-minute, low chance of failure. Apparently people in the peak time zones for their server (Eastern for US servers, the appropriate European time zones for the EU servers) could run these enough to get seals for 1st age symbols. For the rest of us, we join the groups that exist, if they exist at all. Technically I think the reason people ran Fornost: Water sometimes (it was less common than the others) was high marks-per-minute rather than seals. Note also that the GB cluster seems to have anomalously high loot drop rates compared to the other clusters, while Fornost and In Their Absence are notoriously stingy with loot. My guess is that's why Sambrog gets the edge over OE.

What happened to:
    1. Helegrod - people sometimes run it at 50 for the deeds to unlock Thorog. On *very* rare occasions people might try Thorog@85 for that part of the Savior of Eriador metadeed. I've never heard of anyone running the wings at 85 though. Never saw Helegrod being run at previous level caps either - I think there were occasional token runs back at 65, but not running the wings to completion.
    2. Carn Dum - has been easily soloable for 20 levels now; people will run this with level 50ish kinmates to get their class quest drops, but there's no purpose to group runs otherwise. (Ditto for Urugarth; Barad Gularan is just soloed for deeds if one cares; Rift is another rare occasion for the metadeed and housing trophy).
    3. NCF/Stoneheight - can do them if you want to and find a couple other people. Stoneheight is soloable by wardens and champs, maybe other classes too. That cluster has an exceedingly low loot drop rate, and also lower seals (or marks) per minute than the commonly run instances, so they weren't too popular. LT and SS are unheard of, still. I'd like to see those someday.
    4. Moria instances - they still happen, mostly along the lines of CD/Uru, running lower level kinmates through for deeds, loot, and armor tokens. Not likely to see any of that in glff though. And they're perfectly feasible with less than a full group so no need to advertise if a kin group doesn't fill.
    5. Watcher - very very rare, same as ever (I only saw one group for this back when 65 was the cap, let alone since then). If it happens at all, it's as a curiosity for kinmates to finish a couple of deeds.

It sounds like you are (or at least were a few years ago) in your server's peak time zones, so you're probably working from a very different baseline of how much grouping exists in this game and what diversity of instances to expect, compared to my own experiences (I'm happy to see any group run, ever!).
    Just wanted add it does vary from server to server: Laurelin has a group that GLFFs 'random instances at 85' fairly regulrly. I also see Watcher runs form about once every couple of weeks; when a lower player gets a few people together and then GLFFs for help it usually fills in a few minutes. The annuminas instances are also reasonaby popular. Otherwise, it tends to be sammy or fornost, for the reasons described . Although recently someone GLFFd for Erebor raid and it filled really quickly-and it wasn't peak UK time. So there is interest, just not many people left who are brave enough to lead a pug through some content.

My suggestion is join some sammy pugs. That way you will make some friends who you like to group with, and then you can glff x/X LFM for (something more interesting). Many pugs start at Sammy but if they work well they will go on and do other stuff.
    [COLOR="#DDA0DD"][CENTER][B]Peralda[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - The Numenorean Guard - Landroval~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[B]Yvandriel[/B] - Minstrel - 100 - Extraordinary Adventurers' League - Laurelin[/CENTER][/COLOR][COLOR="#EE82EE"][CENTER]And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”[/CENTER][/COLOR]

And it is the end of 85 actually, that's why there are not a lot of groups actually.

For example, I will have to run Eruilan skirmishes at 95 (skraids), to get again the DPS earring Earring of Wrath Unleashed , if there are none better.

Zitat Zitat von Calta Beitrag anzeigen
    I also see Watcher runs form about once every couple of weeks; when a lower player gets a few people together and then GLFFs for help it usually fills in a few minutes.
    There might be some server-to-server variation on this, but Watcher always seems to be a reasonably popular raid. Cool and memorable boss, fun mechanics, semi-challenging even when you're 30 levels above, so it's not hard to see why people like it. Watcher groups aren't advertised that often, but they seem to form pretty quickly when they are.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Thank you all so much for the replies! Very very helpful!

My server, Riddermark, is constantly running Moria instances. There are multiple turtles every day, DD is starting to pop up a bit, and Skum runs are becoming common as well. If you advertise for Moria instances, you'll have a full fellowship in almost no time. Probably because they're rewarding (Drop rep, loot and tokens that can be given to lower-level alts) and challenging, even at 85. Yes, I've seen 85s fall to the final boss in Fil Gashan. Same with Watcher and DD.

Hele and CD, however, have pretty much dropped right off the face of Middle Earth, sadly. In the 2 years I've been playing, I've only been on one complete Hele run, and 3 incomplete CD runs which were only run because someone needed an item from one of the bosses and was too lazy or didn't have the marks to buy it from the skirm camp.

Seems like these days people are focusing on grinding rep and items for their 60-65 toons and endgame gear for their capped mains than just running things for the heck of it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130000001229d7/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Thillian, Hunter, Level 63, Elf, Kindred Souls, Riddermark

Its a shame that only one instance is farmed when there are so many others available just because of loot+time. I would love to see other instances being used more, surely Turbine could introduce a random element to instance where a random instance will give double seals for that day? - this might change the mind set of the sammy runners to do other instances and would be better for the game all round?

Well only raids will reward seals in HD, and there isn't anything useful that requires seals (for now).
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Zitat Zitat von Harkenheim Beitrag anzeigen
    Its a shame that only one instance is farmed when there are so many others available just because of loot+time. I would love to see other instances being used more, surely Turbine could introduce a random element to instance where a random instance will give double seals for that day? - this might change the mind set of the sammy runners to do other instances and would be better for the game all round?
    That's a fantastic idea. More seals, or marks, or maybe even add "store" type drops from bosses for that day/week (it could even be the same loot table as top lvl lootboxes).

I'd prefer it weekly personally, since I go to instances a few times a week (I don't care much about farming gear). So that would fit my playstyle better, I'd be able to go to a certain instance a few times. Also, I don't have access to some instances still, and if it was weekly I'd be able to look into that with no rush.